User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type am I?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • INFP

    11 50.00%
  • ISFP

    1 4.55%
  • INFJ

    0 0%
  • ISFJ

    2 9.09%
  • INTP

    7 31.82%
  • ISTP

    0 0%
  • INTJ

    0 0%
  • ISTJ

    1 4.55%
First 7891011 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 113

  1. #81
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    Yeah, most likely. I don't think I'm ISFJ, at least. I found one description I could relate to, but none of the other ISFJ descriptions I've read sound at all like me.
    9w1, unhealthy levels.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  2. #82
    Senior Member Silveresque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    9w1, unhealthy levels.
    The unhealthy levels of type 9 don't fit me, which is part of why I'm hesitant to type as 9. Unlike 9's, I don't try to deny or ignore my problems under stress, and I'm not so unassertive that I can't stand up for myself. I've been through all the possible types again and again, and I don't think I'm ever going to get anywhere this way, so I'm just going to wait and observe myself for a while and see what happens.

  3. #83
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    The unhealthy levels of type 9 don't fit me, which is part of why I'm hesitant to type as 9. Unlike 9's, I don't try to deny or ignore my problems under stress, and I'm not so unassertive that I can't stand up for myself. I've been through all the possible types again and again, and I don't think I'm ever going to get anywhere this way, so I'm just going to wait and observe myself for a while and see what happens.
    Type 4 has a crisis over identity, but type 9 doesn't even have the crisis because the identity is lacking.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  4. #84
    Senior Member Silveresque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Type 4 has a crisis over identity, but type 9 doesn't even have the crisis because the identity is lacking.
    Here's something I posted a while ago on Personality Cafe:

    I'm not really sure whether I have a strong sense of identity or not. What exactly is "identity"? Am I not forming and maintaining a sense of identity whenever I introspect and think about my inner world and feelings? I might have trouble answering the question of "Who am I" as well, but that's because words are insufficient. Words can't ever touch the core of my being. They can't ever define me. Still, I can't shake the feeling that there is something missing inside of me, and I can't quite tell what that is.

    I've always been on the search for my "true self", but I'm not really sure what that "true self" is like. In my perspective, actions don't make the person, actions come from some distorted version of the "true self" and thus can never truly reveal one's purest nature. When one's actions truly are aligned with this "true self" and are an accurate reflection of it, then one can be said to have achieved self-actualization. So when I say that I'm searching for my "true self", I'm pursuing my goal of self-actualization.

    I'm not sure I can really say I have a strong sense of identity at this point because I haven't found my true self. There are so many ways to be, and how can I know which one is the most me? I could word this sentence in a number of ways, but which arrangement would best reflect my identity?
    I can't be sure, but I think this sounds more like 4. I need to figure out how I'm supposed to be so that I can get closer to my true self (like the 4's "fantasy self" or "idealized image"), and then I will feel that I've found my identity. The problem I have with 4, though, is that I don't fit the stereotype at all, and I'm generally too self-conscious to try to be unique or stand out.

  5. #85
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    Here's something I posted a while ago on Personality Cafe:



    I can't be sure, but I think this sounds more like 4. I need to figure out how I'm supposed to be so that I can get closer to my true self (like the 4's "fantasy self" or "idealized image"), and then I will feel that I've found my identity. The problem I have with 4, though, is that I don't fit the stereotype at all, and I'm generally too self-conscious to try to be unique or stand out.
    As I've said before, the answer to identity is not inside you somewhere. Your identity is located "out there." Typology is taking you in the wrong direction.

    Also, you wrote "I'm not so unassertive that I can't stand up for myself." That's not a 9 trait. Yes, I described to you someone named Gerri, a 9 who refused to fight back, and who had somatic symptoms. But then again, she had been institutionalized at one time.

    One time Elfboy, who was constantly debating over his type here, mentioned that he impulsively (out of the blue) struck a girl who made a pass at him. That is typical behavior for the 9 at level 7.

    Gerri had similar impulsiveness at a much younger age. She described to me not violence but more social things, like sitting at a booth at a dance club and then, out of the blue, diving under the table to hurry out onto the dance floor.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  6. #86
    Senior Member Silveresque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    As I've said before, the answer to identity is not inside you somewhere. Your identity is located "out there." Typology is taking you in the wrong direction.

    Also, you wrote "I'm not so unassertive that I can't stand up for myself." That's not a 9 trait. Yes, I described to you someone named Gerri, a 9 who refused to fight back, and who had somatic symptoms. But then again, she had been institutionalized at one time.
    I've read a pretty detailed description of the level 7 nine from a book. (Unfortunately the preview ends at level 6 nine right now, but it changes frequently, so try tomorrow maybe?) Anyways, I didn't relate to it because some of the main points I found (that I can remember right now) are that they are so neglectful and in denial of their problems that they will not even go to a see a doctor or therapist when they need to, they're unwilling to do anything to help themselves and will stay in an abusive relationship rather than try to leave, and they refuse to even acknowledge the consequences of their neglect. When I said "I'm not so unassertive that I can't stand up for myself", I was referring to how unhealthy 9's are, not 9's in general. If I remember correctly, the level 7 nine is called "The Denying Doormat".

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    One time Elfboy, who was constantly debating over his type here, mentioned that he impulsively (out of the blue) struck a girl who made a pass at him. That is typical behavior for the 9 at level 7.

    Gerri had similar impulsiveness at a much younger age. But she described to me not violence but more social things, like sitting at a booth at a dance club and then, out of the blue, diving under the table to hurry out onto the dance floor.
    I don't relate to this kind of impulsive behavior. Are you sure that's a 9 thing and not just something specific to Gerri?

  7. #87
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    I've read a pretty detailed description of the level 7 nine from a book. (Unfortunately the preview ends at level 6 nine right now, but it changes frequently, so try tomorrow maybe?) Anyways, I didn't relate to it because some of the main points I found (that I can remember right now) are that they are so neglectful and in denial of their problems that they will not even go to a see a doctor or therapist when they need to, they're unwilling to do anything to help themselves and will stay in an abusive relationship rather than try to leave, and they refuse to even acknowledge the consequences of their neglect. When I said "I'm not so unassertive that I can't stand up for myself", I was referring to how unhealthy 9's are, not 9's in general. If I remember correctly, the level 7 nine is called "The Denying Doormat".
    Yes, that's the title. Denying doormats (9w1 level 7) still stick up for themselves, impulsively and not out of conscious decision.

    Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    I don't relate to this kind of impulsive behavior. Are you sure that's a 9 thing and not just something specific to Gerri?
    Gerri didn't relate to it anymore, like I said she was describing the way she used to be before her traumatizing incident that sent her into an institution.

    Now you will tell me that you don't identify with it as the way you used to be either, and that you didn't have a traumatizing incident, and that everything is specific to Gerri and has nothing to do with type.

    The 9 I am describing comes from the same book you are reading. But I don't have to read the truncated, abridged, and expurgated version on Google Books because I have a physical copy right here in front of me.

    It also says this: "All their energy goes toward maintaining their defenses against dealing with reality so that nothing will get to them. This defense, known as repression resistance, is extraordinarily frustrating to deal with and makes it almost impossible to get through to unhealthy Nines." That's exactly the vibe I get from both you and Elfboy.

    I get another vibe from various members too. It goes something like, "I don't like you therefore I will find a way to disagree with everything you say."
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  8. #88
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,932

    Default

    I think considering RZ is at the unhealthy levels (7+) or even comparing her with Elfboy doesn't make much sense. I mean, she is one of the most peaceful users around. Levels 7+ of any Enneagram are supposed to be notably obnoxious.
    -----------------

    A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '


    -----------------

  9. #89
    Senior Member Silveresque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Gerri didn't relate to it anymore, like I said she was describing the way she used to be before her traumatizing incident that sent her into an institution.

    Now you will tell me that you don't identify with it as the way you used to be either, and that you didn't have a traumatizing incident, and that everything is specific to Gerri and has nothing to do with type.

    The 9 I am describing comes from the same book you are reading. But I don't have to read the truncated, abridged, and expurgated version on Google Books because I have a physical copy right here in front of me.
    It's a really good book. I want to buy it but I haven't been able to find it in any stores. I wonder if I have to order it online?

    Anyways, yes, I will tell you that I have never related to that and didn't have a traumatizing incident. But I don't think what you described about Gerri has nothing to do with type. I think her type affected how she reacted to that traumatizing incident, since in a way, that's what enneagram types are--the patterns that we fall into to cope and deal with stress. Or at least that's one way of looking at it.

    However, I'm not sure that spontaneity has anything to do with type 9. Any type can be spontaneous, or not (I'm not particularly spontaneous, and I'm especially reserved in social situations).

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    It also says this: "All their energy goes toward maintaining their defenses against dealing with reality so that nothing will get to them. This defense, known as repression resistance, is extraordinarily frustrating to deal with and makes it almost impossible to get through to unhealthy Nines." That's exactly the vibe I get from both you and Elfboy.
    I'm not sure why you get that vibe from me, and I haven't noticed it in Elfboy either, though I can't say I know him that well. Unhealthy 9's are closed off, but I think I've been pretty open and receptive.

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I get another vibe from various members too. It goes something like, "I don't like you therefore I will find a way to disagree with everything you say."
    I hope you don't get that vibe from me. I don't dislike you, it's just that sometimes you assume things about me that aren't necessarily true, and I'm not sure where those assumptions come from.

  10. #90
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I think considering RZ is at the unhealthy levels (7+) or even comparing her with Elfboy doesn't make much sense. I mean, she is one of the most peaceful users around. Levels 7+ of any Enneagram are supposed to be notably obnoxious.
    You're right to say I am "considering" the unhealthy levels. And comparing individuals of the allegedly same type is very common practice around here. But, I hardly believe it is proper to use that method alone. The reason is that it is too easy to assume, axiomatically, that person X is a type 9 therefore person Y is a type 9, when in fact the beginning axiom could be wrong.

    I can't help, though, but to make comparisons after establishing a type because it brings up an involuntary flood of associations in me.

    I haven't read anything about Unhealthy 9s being obnoxious.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Similar Threads

  1. What type do you think I am?
    By Curiosity in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-04-2011, 01:16 AM
  2. Another "What type do you think I am?" thread.
    By Matthew_Z in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 10-17-2009, 10:07 PM
  3. What type do you think I am?
    By BlackCat in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-30-2009, 01:45 AM
  4. Mondo's 960th Post: What Type Do You Think I Am?
    By Mondo in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-15-2008, 05:11 PM
  5. What Type Do You Think I Am?
    By Mondo in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-14-2008, 10:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO