• ISTP

0 0%
  • INTJ

0 0%
  • ISTJ

1 4.55%
First 678910 Last

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I'm going to say ISFJ enneagram 9. A lot of your objections to Si amounts to stereotypes.... Si is very idiosyncratic. Your inner world sounds "irrational", not "rational". You describe a lot of focusing on perceptions, not evaluative analysis. You wonder about stuff, you note things (about yourself & your situation), you review information, etc. The Feeling you describe sounds focused on interaction with others, not an inner world of ideals. A high level of introversion might mean your tert is pretty strong, which could give a Ti flavor to your thinking sometimes. When you describe your analysis, it sounds more Ti-ish, but you don't sound like a Ti-dom.

It's also worth noting that ISFJs share the same interaction styles as IxFPs & INTPs.
    Interesting. It may be possible...But I'm not sure I agree that I'm focused more on perceptions than evaluative analysis, and I certainly wouldn't say that my inner world is "irrational".

Anyways, I came across this site today that gives descriptions of the semantics and vocabulary of each function: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ation-Elements

Based on those descriptions I relate most to Ne, Ni, and Ti. Then again, this is socionics, and in socionics I'm an INTj...

I don't know, maybe I need to start recording my thoughts?

I recorded some thoughts that I've had recently (within the last couple days).

Thinking about my type, about the possibility of being a sensor vs. an intuitive

Reviewing conversations

Lunchtime: Thinking about having to wait in lines, about my feelings, about food, about how thirsty I am, about how the sandwich tastes

Wondering if my thoughts were always like this or if they used to be more abstract

Thinking about how I used to occasionally hold philosophical debates in my head, and wondering if that counts as abstract

Wondering if inventing complex fantasy stories while daydreaming counts as abstract

Thinking about how the rain ambushed me this afternoon and I got soaked...and my sweater felt like a wet sponge

Thinking about my feelings

Thinking about my motivations (for figuring out my enneagram type)

Thinking about how my motivations affect my behavior, how they interact with each other, what enneagram type they most correspond to, and whether my type (based on my motivations) should be considered a separate type (from type 4) or a variation of that type

Wondering whether there might be other ways I could interpret my motivations

Wondering whether there's some key piece that I missed (in brainstorming and analyzing my motivations) and whether I interpreted them correctly ("Do I really want this, or do I just think that I want it? Is this really the most important thing, or is there something else?")

Wondering whether it would be better to bullet this list or just leave it the way it is
    So, mostly S it seems (I think )...But if reviewing and analyzing information are S, then what exactly is N like?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    Interesting. It may be possible...But I'm not sure I agree that I'm focused more on perceptions than evaluative analysis, and I certainly wouldn't say that my inner world is "irrational".
    I mean "irrational" as in perceiving-thought, not judging-thought (which is "rational"). You said you don't relate to this much:
    "Every encounter and every piece of knowledge gained gets sifted through the INFP's value system"
    That simply means evaluative analysis.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

You present yourself like this 1,000 piece puzzle that needs to be put together. (Like a really strange use of disconnected Si.) It's hard for me to type you when it's impossible to see you as a whole puzzle put together. It's like you don't quite understand yourself yet. (And possibly a poor application of the theory to boot- I was going to say "poor understanding", but I don't think that's it- I think it's just a poor application. ) You've got to figure out how you work as a single unit. How does everything run together? Rather than just each little minor part.

That being said, if I had to take one wild stab in the dark (just based on vibes and overall impression, and over-analyzing aside,)maybe INFP or ISFJ.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    You present yourself like this 1,000 piece puzzle that needs to be put together. (Like a really strange use of disconnected Si.) It's hard for me to type you when it's impossible to see you as a whole puzzle put together. It's like you don't quite understand yourself yet. (And possibly a poor application of the theory to boot- I was going to say "poor understanding", but I don't think that's it- I think it's just a poor application. ) You've got to figure out how you work as a single unit. How does everything run together? Rather than just each little minor part.

That being said, if I had to take one wild stab in the dark (just based on vibes and overall impression, and over-analyzing aside,)maybe INFP or ISFJ.
    Well, how about this:

I often think in terms of examples. When I encounter new information, I like to have examples to help me make sense of it, and if there are no examples, I may try to take the information apart, one bit at a time, and forge examples along the way. For me, an example is worth a thousand explanations. I also think in terms of formulas. I create formulas based on the examples and solution that I can use to solve similar problems that arise.

How I approach problems:

New information --> Examples --> Dissect and Analyze --> Create formula --> Solution --> Similar problem --> Formula --> Solution

Another thing:

Compared to my mom (ISFJ), I'm much less relationship-oriented and not nearly as good at planning. My mom has an extraordinary ability to remember details about people--names, faces, birthdays, anecdotes, conversations, etc. I'm terrible at that type of thing--especially names, faces, and birthdays. And often I forget who I had certain conversations with. I may be able to remember the conversation, I just can't remember who I was talking to, so I'll end up having to ask, "Did I already tell you this before?". My mom is also very much a planner. She always has all the dates and times figured out, such as what shows are on each night, at what time, and on what channel, appointment dates, deadlines for bills, that sort of thing. I'm not very good at this. Well, I probably could be, if I put a bit more effort into being organized. On the other hand, I'm much more analytical and logical, but probably less emotional.

Compared to my INFP friend, I'm not nearly as artistic and individualistic. My friend is a stereotypical 4--a unique, creative, and emotional individual. She often dresses eccentrically and does not seem to care what others think. I don't know how she can do that. I would be far too self-conscious. She can also be quite moody, which is not something I relate to much. Sometimes she can say some hurtful things, though I know it's not her intention. Compared to her, I suppose I'm more gentle and protective of others' feelings.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    Well, how about this:

I often think in terms of examples. When I encounter new information, I like to have examples to help me make sense of it, and if there are no examples, I may try to take the information apart, one bit at a time, and forge examples along the way. For me, an example is worth a thousand explanations. I also think in terms of formulas. I create formulas based on the examples and solution that I can use to solve similar problems that arise.

How I approach problems:

New information --> Examples --> Dissect and Analyze --> Create formula --> Solution --> Similar problem --> Formula --> Solution

Another thing:

Compared to my mom (ISFJ), I'm much less relationship-oriented and not nearly as good at planning. My mom has an extraordinary ability to remember details about people--names, faces, birthdays, anecdotes, conversations, etc. I'm terrible at that type of thing--especially names, faces, and birthdays. And often I forget who I had certain conversations with. I may be able to remember the conversation, I just can't remember who I was talking to, so I'll end up having to ask, "Did I already tell you this before?". My mom is also very much a planner. She always has all the dates and times figured out, such as what shows are on each night, at what time, and on what channel, appointment dates, deadlines for bills, that sort of thing. I'm not very good at this. Well, I probably could be, if I put a bit more effort into being organized. On the other hand, I'm much more analytical and logical, but probably less emotional.

Compared to my INFP friend, I'm not nearly as artistic and individualistic. My friend is a stereotypical 4--a unique, creative, and emotional individual. She often dresses eccentrically and does not seem to care what others think. I don't know how she can do that. I would be far too self-conscious. She can also be quite moody, which is not something I relate to much. Sometimes she can say some hurtful things, though I know it's not her intention. Compared to her, I suppose I'm more gentle and protective of others' feelings.
    This is what I mean, too many examples practically tell me nothing. You say nothing about yourself with the above two- (to me anyway.) It's difficult to type by functions and slowly work your way up to the whole thing. It would be good to have and objective, whole picture of you without being compared to anyone else and without using your small behaviors as a tool. Like, you described your friend and mom to make it clear what types they are. They are surface level and basic definitions. But you are subjective about yourself so it's impossible to give the same sort of "formula" to describe yourself. To you, you're this unique individual and have all the examples in the world to give. But everything is so microscopic that it's impossible to see fully. Hmm.. how old are you?

If you are at an age where Si could be developing, (the examples and solid info and stuff), and you are an INFP, it could explain a whole lot of stuff. You kind of remind me of myself a bit a few years ago. It's like a natural NF with baby SJ in your personality that's not really working yet but it's growing and therefore would be a big focus in your life.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

This is what I mean, too many examples practically tell me nothing. You say nothing about yourself with the above two- (to me anyway.) It's difficult to type by functions and slowly work your way up to the whole thing. It would be good to have and objective, whole picture of you without being compared to anyone else and without using your small behaviors as a tool. Like, you described your friend and mom to make it clear what types they are. They are surface level and basic definitions. But you are subjective about yourself so it's impossible to give the same sort of "formula" to describe yourself. To you, you're this unique individual and have all the examples in the world to give. But everything is so microscopic that it's impossible to see fully.
    You say it would be nice to have a whole picture of me without looking at my behaviors, but I don't think that's possible. You can't complete a puzzle without looking at the pieces. So what exactly is it you want me to do? How should I be approaching this--and please don't give vague suggestions like "try to examine the whole picture and see how you work". If you want me to describe myself, I can do that, though I've already done it many times on multiple threads.

Hmm.. how old are you?
    I'm 18.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

The OP sounds like INFP. And I suspect there might be an Si tertiary loop going on, if you believe in that kind of analysis. It helps to explain the more severe introversion (Fi + Si increases introversion). And your Ne-aux is weak. You score high on S categories, but you don't really believe it describes you.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I'm convinced you're a 9w1 INFP.
    Last edited by Rasofy; 12-21-2011 at 07:22 PM. Reason: .
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I'm convinced you're a 9w1 INFP 9w1.
    Yeah, most likely. I don't think I'm ISFJ, at least. I found one description I could relate to, but none of the other ISFJ descriptions I've read sound at all like me.