User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type am I?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • INFP

    11 50.00%
  • ISFP

    1 4.55%
  • INFJ

    0 0%
  • ISFJ

    2 9.09%
  • INTP

    7 31.82%
  • ISTP

    0 0%
  • INTJ

    0 0%
  • ISTJ

    1 4.55%
First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 113

  1. #41
    Senior Member Vizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    Don't worry, I don't mind bluntness.

    I haven't relied on the function tests any more than the regular mbti tests, which have proven to be just as inaccurate and unstable. I personally don't see any problem with taking these tests, since I'm not necessarily going to base my decision on them. Anyways, how would you suggest I approach it?
    OK, because you say you don't mind the bluntness, I will go forth and unleash my thoughts:

    In my opinion, your "It depends how I am in that moment" approach seems so incredibly subjective. Yes, the tests are unstable, but it's not like we should expect them to be flawless/definite anyway. We have to work with this. Basically, my point is that that YOU have to be stable in how you view yourself. To truly look at yourself from the 'outside' means to be able to recognise something consistent, I guess. Perhaps my choice of the word "rely" was inaccurate. But nevertheless, you're redoing those cognitive tests and posting your results for us to consider when typing you. In a sense, you're still using them and asking us to. It seems you're actually being quite dependent on the things you read online - one reason I think you have a lot of Te.

    I noticed that when you shared your result in the other test (the one where we were required to choose/rank enneagram-based montages), you basically said, "I got la-di-da but meh, it could easily have been da-li-di or li-da-di."
    Then when you do settle on a type, you come across a result or description that too easily makes you doubt your type again.
    You're always doubting, but to me, it looks like aimless doubting - not very constructive. You keep going around in the same circles and unashamedly () repeating yourself so often...that I'm doubtful you're an INTP. Aside from self-understanding, what do you really want from typology?

    In the "What have you learned about yourself?" thread, (damn, it must sound like I'm stalking you!) you expressed having learnt barely anything about yourself through all this MBTI-ing...and you feel like you know less about yourself than at the beginning.
    You probably started out your MBTI journey with a good-enough idea of who you are. You do a test and get a result. Good. Better get a second opinion. You do another, and get a different result. Damn. This happens several times and you eventually decide on a type that sounds good-enough. But good-enough isn't good-enough. It doesn't explain all that you are. In fact, other types' descriptions also resonate with you. That can't be right. Only one should fit! You do a test you've done before, and it gives you a different result this time. Now what? Is it the test or is it you? Doesn't matter, you keep doing tests and reading descriptions. Yesterday, this paragraph sounded right. Next time, it doesn't. In about a month's time, it'll probably be something else.

    I don't get exhausted from too much thinking or researching, but THAT, whatever it is, makes me exhausted. lol

    Someone asked "What type do you want to be?" and you answered "The right type".
    When it comes to typology, how is rightness or accuracy measured? Your MBTI type can only be as right as the theory allows anyway. Like I mentioned before, just treat it as such. No one type can or will explain everything about you. Therefore, if you're going to play the game, then play it - choose the one that most suits you. Maybe, at the end of the day, you're just taking this way too seriously...or you have a serious case of 9's lack of a sense of identity, or you need time away from MBTI to learn more about yourself...or all of the above.

    As you know, I had trouble figuring out my type too so perhaps I shouldn't speak so matter-of-factly about all this.
    And of course, feel free to tell me if you think I've been reading you wrong.
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

  2. #42
    Senior Member Silveresque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Yeah, I do seem to be wandering aimlessly in circles. But something I'm not sure if you understood is that the reason I keep having doubts about my type is that I don't think I have a good enough understanding of the types to decide which one is the best fit. That's why I keep researching even after I've chosen a type, which leads me to find some new information I didn't have before or see things in a new way that brings my type into question.

    You say I'm dependent on the things I read online, but isn't taking tests and researching the types how you're supposed to figure out your type? Is there another way to do it? Just sitting around without actually gathering any information isn't going to help, and I don't feel ready to decide on a type right now, because I still can't tell which is the best fit. If I absolutely had to choose a type right now, I would go with INTP, since I identify most with INTP descriptions, but you and most others seem to think I'm an INFP, which makes me wonder why that is. If I am an INFP, then why don't the type descriptions fit me very well?

    (By the way, this whole thing sounds kind of like the 5's fixation to me. I don't feel prepared to make a decision, so I keep gathering endless information. Hmm...I never thought of it that way before.)

  3. #43
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    I challenge you to settle on something for at least "a month" and if it still doesn't feel right, change it. You aren't giving yourself enough time to figure out whether or not something is a good fit. Curb the addiction.

  4. #44
    Senior Member Silveresque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    I challenge you to settle on something for at least "a month" and if it still doesn't feel right, change it. You aren't giving yourself enough time to figure out whether or not something is a good fit. Curb the addiction.
    But what if I change my mind before then?

    Ah, well, you're probably right. :P I'll try to stick with whatever type I decide on this time.

  5. #45
    Senior Member Vizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    Yeah, I do seem to be wandering aimlessly in circles. But something I'm not sure if you understood is that the reason I keep having doubts about my type is that I don't think I have a good enough understanding of the types to decide which one is the best fit. That's why I keep researching even after I've chosen a type, which leads me to find some new information I didn't have before or see things in a new way that brings my type into question.

    You say I'm dependent on the things I read online, but isn't taking tests and researching the types how you're supposed to figure out your type? Is there another way to do it? Just sitting around without actually gathering any information isn't going to help, and I don't feel ready to decide on a type right now, because I still can't tell which is the best fit. If I absolutely had to choose a type right now, I would go with INTP, since I identify most with INTP descriptions, but you and most others seem to think I'm an INFP, which makes me wonder why that is. If I am an INFP, then why don't the type descriptions fit me very well?

    (By the way, this whole thing sounds kind of like the 5's fixation to me. I don't feel prepared to make a decision, so I keep gathering endless information. Hmm...I never thought of it that way before.)
    There is another way which involves forming some sort of stable system or view (of MBTI) in your mind. That requires research, of course, but usually, people take information and use it to eventually build some understanding they're happy with. At the moment, you seem like a blank slate privy to anything and everything you read.
    I don't know if 5s are so flakey or susceptible to external influence.
    To me, it's very 9ish.

    But, whatever.
    I agree with what Glycerine said about you not immersing yourself enough in any type you choose. Try her advice.
    If you think you're a 5w4 INTP, then try sticking with it for at least a month.
    (You don't have to stick with it forever. Depends how you feel by the end of that month).

    Also, and I meant to write this is my previous post, maybe you could create an account at PersonalityCafe and hang around the different type forums. See how you fit in.
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vizzy View Post
    So basically, you're trying to figure out if RevlisZero is Ti-Fe or Fi-Te with those questions?
    Basically yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    I derive my ethical values through objective, impersonal analysis. I take others' feelings into account, but generally try to disregard my own for the sake of being objective. I think that my feelings alone are not sufficient justification, so I turn to logical analysis. If there is inconsistency in an ethical norm (eg. life is sacred and killing is bad, but it's okay to kill insects and spiders because we don't like them), then I'll try to adjust my beliefs and actions so that there is consistency (hence, I never intentionally kill insects or spiders).

    Logical thinking is both internal and external. I'm not very good at logical deductions, I'm much better at inductive reasoning. Anyways, I usually start with research and information collecting, then when I don't think I can get much more information, I'll take a step back and try to fill in the missing pieces and look at the situation from different perspectives.
    Sounds like Fe/Ti to me

  7. #47
    Tier 1 Member LunaLuminosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    If I absolutely had to choose a type right now, I would go with INTP, since I identify most with INTP descriptions, but you and most others seem to think I'm an INFP, which makes me wonder why that is. If I am an INFP, then why don't the type descriptions fit me very well?
    Other than that you seem warm in an F sort of way, I don't see why there are all the votes for INFP. INP yes, but you do not seem like an Fi type (yes I admit my T/F is negotiable but you at least seem less like an Fi type than I do ). I wouldn't wait for the poll to look in the favor of what you think you are. There's always people on here who will think otherwise... and some of those will refuse to be convinced If you do have some impression of what type you are, at least try it on for size

  8. #48
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    What will it take to convince you either way?

  9. #49
    Senior Member Silveresque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReflecTcelfeR View Post
    What will it take to convince you either way?
    You can't convince me. You can give your opinion and I'll take it into account, but ultimately I have to convince myself. And I really have to get it right this time because @Glycerine challenged me to settle on a type for at least a month.

    Anyways, I'm still thinking INTP seems to fit best, though ISFJ and ISFP are still possibilities. The problem with those two is that I have trouble seeing myself as a sensing type since I've always seen myself as a more abstract person. INFP isn't completely out of the running, but it seems less likely than the others because I consistently don't relate that well to the descriptions. I don't know...maybe I'm an INTP with weak N, T, and P preferences.

  10. #50
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    If we can't convince you then why ask?

Similar Threads

  1. What type do you think I am?
    By Curiosity in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-04-2011, 01:16 AM
  2. Another "What type do you think I am?" thread.
    By Matthew_Z in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 10-17-2009, 10:07 PM
  3. What type do you think I am?
    By BlackCat in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-30-2009, 01:45 AM
  4. Mondo's 960th Post: What Type Do You Think I Am?
    By Mondo in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-15-2008, 05:11 PM
  5. What Type Do You Think I Am?
    By Mondo in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-14-2008, 10:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO