• ISTP

0 0%
  • INTJ

0 0%
  • ISTJ

1 4.55%
First 23456 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzy View Post
    That much is clear. Hmm...something has to be done about that.
    It seems you're expecting something out of MBTI that typology can't deliver. I don't think there'd be such a problem if you approached it merely as the theory it is...
    As you say, you're typing yourself based on the moment. Don't you have a consistent sense of self?
    My problem is that I'm not really my usual self lately. Then the issue is made even more ambiguous when you add many different possible interpretations of the theory and of my own attitudes and behavior. Every once in a while, I'll find some new information I didn't have before that brings my type into question again, and I'll reanalyze and reinterpret from a fresh perspective. But it seems there's never going to be an end to this because there's always more information to be gained and more perspectives to explore, and who's to say which perspective is most right? Can there ever really be any clarity and consistency? Any certainty? Is there any right way to interpret these things when nothing is clearly defined?

Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    My problem is that I'm not really my usual self lately. Then the issue is made even more ambiguous when you add many different possible interpretations of the theory and of my own attitudes and behavior. Every once in a while, I'll find some new information I didn't have before that brings my type into question again, and I'll reanalyze and reinterpret from a fresh perspective. But it seems there's never going to be an end to this because there's always more information to be gained and more perspectives to explore, and who's to say which perspective is most right? Can there ever really be any clarity and consistency? Any certainty? Is there any right way to interpret these things when nothing is clearly defined?
    There is an endless amount of information to gather. There is no one correct/right perspective when it comes to typology. Personalities and people are never perfectly consistent. There is never any certainty, and that's what makes people and personalities fascinating. People can't be clearly defined, and definitely not within 16 neat personality types. If you're going to play around/work with MBTI, then you'll have to accept all that first.
    I don't think anyone is certain about MBTI, at least I hope no one is. To repeat, it's just a theory and should be treated/approached as such.
    Whatever the case, I'm wondering if this is a manifestation of inferior Te.
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

I'm going to put this here so I don't end up derailing that other thread. :P

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    @RevlisZero: I wouldn't give this test much credit at all but I wonder how well you relate to their ISFJ description...
    Quite well, actually. Much better than the INFP description.

EDIT: I meant the PersonalityPage description, not that test site's description.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Okay fine derail deleted

Hmmm... you do seem like a sort of INTP/ISFJ hybrid thing. Kind of hard to tell when you don't seem to relate to any of the extraverted functions

I don't remember if you already looked at this http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/as...velop_old.html The test itself is broken but you can look at the lists and see if you relate more to the stuff on the extraverted feeling section or the extraverted intuiting section, or anything else

Yeah, I know this might be looking like more neverending information

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Okay fine derail deleted

Hmmm... you do seem like a sort of INTP/ISFJ hybrid thing. Kind of hard to tell when you don't seem to relate to any of the extraverted functions

I don't remember if you already looked at this http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/as...velop_old.html The test itself is broken but you can look at the lists and see if you relate more to the stuff on the extraverted feeling section or the extraverted intuiting section, or anything else

Yeah, I know this might be looking like more neverending information
    I've taken this test before. I retook it just now and got these results:

Se: 6
    Si: 11
    Te: 12
    Ti: 23
    Fe: 10
    Fi: 4
    Ne: 13
    Ni: 4

Hmm...My Fi came out much lower than usual this time. That's odd.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Your Fi disappeared So basically Ti......... everything else. I do get a lot more of a Ti than an Fi impression from you. But dominant? I'm not sure.... maybe I'll have more to say of it in the morning.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Tests in this case are useless, since you can test and test and test and come out differently every time based on how you perceive yourself that day. (And typology is all about perception of the self.) My best suggestion is to find a website that you like, read all the descriptions, and pick the one that resonates with you the most. The one that will help you grow the most.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

What type do you want to be?
    4w5 sp/sx EII

Enneagram
    5w4

The only thing odd is that you keep relying on and using that cognitive functions test. As you must've figured out by now, it's both inaccurate and unstable.
    Sorry for being so blunt, especially when you're so nice.

The problem is how you approach mbti.
    (Perhaps spend time away from it for a couple of years...but, no, that probably wouldn't make any difference.)
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    What type do you want to be?
    The right one. That's the problem. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzy View Post
    The only thing odd is that you keep relying on and using that cognitive functions test. As you must've figured out by now, it's both inaccurate and unstable.
    Sorry for being so blunt, especially when you're so nice.

The problem is how you approach mbti.
    (Perhaps spend time away from it for a couple of years...but, no, that probably wouldn't make any difference.)
    Don't worry, I don't mind bluntness.

I haven't relied on the function tests any more than the regular mbti tests, which have proven to be just as inaccurate and unstable. I personally don't see any problem with taking these tests, since I'm not necessarily going to base my decision on them. Anyways, how would you suggest I approach it?