Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzy View Post
    I don't mean any offense by this, but I'm unsure about these questions.
    The latter options are far more attractive and I believe most (if not all) people would choose them.
    Who'd admit to (blindly) following an established code, or (unquestioningly) trusting external sources? Everyone holds their own personal beliefs and decide - to varying degrees - what they believe is right or wrong and true or untrue.
    The questions aren't really offensive at all; the seperation between the two is merely the seperation between external and internal methods of making decisions. In fact I theorize that most people actually abide primarily by one of these external functions, seeing as how very many people rely on rules/mores as how to act, or adhere to certain rules and commands. Of course, everyone has both a Je and Ji function, so it really balances out, unless of course the one is dom Je (and thus Ji inferior) and vice versa.

Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    The questions aren't really offensive at all; the seperation between the two is merely the seperation between external and internal methods of making decisions. In fact I theorize that most people actually abide primarily by one of these external functions, seeing as how very many people rely on rules/mores as how to act, or adhere to certain rules and commands. Of course, everyone has both a Je and Ji function, so it really balances out, unless of course the one is dom Je (and thus Ji inferior) and vice versa.
    So basically, you're trying to figure out if RevlisZero is Ti-Fe or Fi-Te with those questions?
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

@RevlisZero, I read the edited profiles, and I still feel that nothing contradicts INFP, except for this:

The INTP has no understanding or value for decisions made on the basis of personal subjectivity or feelings. They strive constantly to achieve logical conclusions to problems, and don't understand the importance or relevance of applying subjective emotional considerations to decisions. For this reason, INTPs are usually not in-tune with how people are feeling, and are not naturally well-equiped to meet the emotional needs of others.
    Could you explain how you judge conflicts? Also, a few questions: do you value justice over compassion? How do you feel about capital punishment? Do you believe in sacrificing a few innocent lives to save a greater number of lives?
    4w5 sp/sx EII

Well seing as how you relate evenly between a F/T dishotomy, I'd say that you probably have well developed tert function, of either T or F. Add in inferior Fe, and the strongest type possibilities are INFJ and INTJ. Have you considered those as possibilities?

Also, if you could, please answer these questions:

Where do you derive your ethical values from? Do you seek to follow the established code of your contemorary culture/group/freinds and define yourself externally as to what you are, or do you hold you own personal beleifs concerning right and wrong while being true to what you personally want to be?

Where do you derive your logical thinking from? Do you trust external sources of reliable data and methodological frameworks, or do you trust your own analysis and deductions that are more likely to make logical sense?
    I derive my ethical values through objective, impersonal analysis. I take others' feelings into account, but generally try to disregard my own for the sake of being objective. I think that my feelings alone are not sufficient justification, so I turn to logical analysis. If there is inconsistency in an ethical norm (eg. life is sacred and killing is bad, but it's okay to kill insects and spiders because we don't like them), then I'll try to adjust my beliefs and actions so that there is consistency (hence, I never intentionally kill insects or spiders).

Logical thinking is both internal and external. I'm not very good at logical deductions, I'm much better at inductive reasoning. Anyways, I usually start with research and information collecting, then when I don't think I can get much more information, I'll take a step back and try to fill in the missing pieces and look at the situation from different perspectives.

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    Could you explain how you judge conflicts?
    I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean how do I decide who's side to take in an argument, I'll side with whoever's right, but I won't get involved or voice my opinion. I'll just observe from the sidelines.

Also, a few questions: do you value justice over compassion?
    No. Definitely compassion.

How do you feel about capital punishment?
    I don't like it, but I'm probably not knowledgeable enough about the situation to decide whether or not it's justified. How much money is spent keeping serial killers alive in prison? Are some people truly unable to change?

Do you believe in sacrificing a few innocent lives to save a greater number of lives?
    That depends on the context. If I said "yes", would I be saying that it's okay for a doctor to kill an innocent person in order to give that person's organs to several dying patients and save their lives? Of course that wouldn't be right, because people have rights. Though I certainly do believe there are times when there's no other choice but to sacrifice to save lives. I don't like it, but it's sometimes the only option, or else everybody dies.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

INFP!
    4w5 sp/sx EII

Well seing as how you relate evenly between a F/T dishotomy, I'd say that you probably have well developed tert function, of either T or F. Add in inferior Fe, and the strongest type possibilities are INFJ and INTJ. Have you considered those as possibilities?
    Whoops! I forgot to answer this part.

I've considered them, but every time I read descriptions of those types, I decide there's no way I could be one of those types because they don't fit me at all.

Enneagram
    5w4

And I've noticed you're back to being a 5.
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzy View Post
    And I've noticed you're back to being a 5.
    Yeah, I have this condition where I can't keep a type for longer than a month. :P I think I do have 5's fixation, it just hasn't been showing much lately. The problem is I was trying to type myself based on how I am right now rather than how I've always been.

Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    Yeah, I have this condition where I can't keep a type for longer than a month. :P I think I do have 5's fixation, it just hasn't been showing much lately. The problem is I was trying to type myself based on how I am right now rather than how I've always been.
    That much is clear. Hmm...something has to be done about that.
    It seems you're expecting something out of MBTI that typology can't deliver. I don't think there'd be such a problem if you approached it merely as the theory it is...
    As you say, you're typing yourself based on the moment. Don't you have a consistent sense of self?
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI