7 31.82%
  • ISTP

0 0%
  • INTJ

0 0%
  • ISTJ

1 4.55%
First 2101112

Now I'm starting to think I'm a 9 again. I am never going to know my type for certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    There is one 9 trait I pointed out before which you didn't mention: repression resistance.

But if you're a "gut" type, not a head type, how does this manifest? Repression of your gut instincts? How do neglectfulness and comfortable habits play into being a "gut" type?
    I don't want to hijack that other thread, so I'm posting my response here. The gut triad and how it manifests in my type is something I still don't fully understand. As for repression resistance, from what I've read, I believe it's mostly repression of anger in type 9's that comes from not being able to assert their own space and freedom.

Anyways, neglectfulness and comfortable habits certainly play into being a type 9. The attitude is "I am content—others pressure me to change"(the 9's hidden complaint from an enneagram chart). For example, I generally find one hobby at a time that I really enjoy and then just do that all the time, and after a while I get bored of that and find a new hobby to focus on. My parents tell me that's unhealthy and I need to start doing other things. From my perspective, I'm just doing what I enjoy most, and it makes me happy, so why should I have to change?

There's a desire for freedom, which I believe is where the gut triad comes in, and in my case it's the freedom to just do what I want to stay content and peaceful. I believe that's also a large part of why I'm such a loner/homebody--I'm only really free when I'm alone.

(from Personality Cafe)
    The gut triad deals with issues of anger and autonomy. The emotion of rage is most pronounced in this triad, though it is only directly expressed in 8. For ones, the anger gets manifest as righteous indignation, and for the nine it gets denied and repressed, only coming out when they're pushed too far. There was a sense in childhood of not being able to assert one's space, and so there's a sense of needing to carve out a space for oneself in the world. There's an acute awareness of one's body, and a key theme of being in opposition to the environment. There is a strong impression of "this is me, this is where I am" and "this is the other, this does not belong to me." Imagine being an outer space explorer on some strange, new planet (yes, I do watch a lot of sci-fi ). For the eight, there's an awareness this is a strange, new land which one needs to conquer in order to be certain to have a place for oneself. The boundaries are asserted in the most aggressive manner possible. For the one, there are a lot of strange customs and equally strange natural impulses that come up. They don't want their internal boundary disrupted, so they scan the new place, hold back and compare it to where they were from, their own customs and sense of right and wrong, fearing if they ease up, they may lose control of themselves and have their inner boundaries permeated. Type nine will adapt to the new environment with seeming ease, while part of them remains disengaged from it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Silveresque View Post
    For example, I generally find one hobby at a time that I really enjoy and then just do that all the time, and after a while I get bored of that and find a new hobby to focus on. My parents tell me that's unhealthy and I need to start doing other things. From my perspective, I'm just doing what I enjoy most, and it makes me happy, so why should I have to change?
    Huh. That sounds an awful lot like me. I do that ALL the time. :P
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥