First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    It's a really good book. I want to buy it but I haven't been able to find it in any stores. I wonder if I have to order it online?
    There are many available at Amazon, including dozens of variously-priced used editions.

Anyways, yes, I will tell you that I have never related to that and didn't have a traumatizing incident. But I don't think what you described about Gerri has nothing to do with type. I think her type affected how she reacted to that traumatizing incident, since in a way, that's what enneagram types are--the patterns that we fall into to cope and deal with stress. Or at least that's one way of looking at it.
    Yes, her personality type determined how she responded to her attempted murder by her own son. And I am assuming she didn't over-react to something relatively minor that wasn't even attempted murder, such as being physically pushed too hard during an assault. But it amounted to the same thing for her, and as a result she completely dissociated herself psychologically from anger. So instead of reacting toward or against others, she had somatic headache pains which I observed on a couple of occasions (because when confronted with an uncomfortable situation she suddenly grabbed her head and said "ow" or something like that). These extremes of type are very illuminating.

However, I'm not sure that spontaneity has anything to do with type 9. Any type can be spontaneous, or not (I'm not particularly spontaneous, and I'm especially reserved in social situations).
    Type 9s are extraordinarily laid back. Where some people are impulsive and ADHD all the time, the sudden impulsive reactions of the unhealthy type 9s surprise even them.

At the time Elfboy described to me the slapping or hitting incident, he neglected to volunteer his response to his action. So I had to ask him, pointedly on two occasions, how he reacted to himself. The first time I asked, I didn't get much of an answer back. But the second time, he said his reaction was to think "Whoa, nigger!" His automatic response shocked him and then he had to reign it back in in so he didn't continue hitting her.

I'm not sure why you get that vibe from me, and I haven't noticed it in Elfboy either, though I can't say I know him that well. Unhealthy 9's are closed off, but I think I've been pretty open and receptive.
    Unhealthy 9s are not closed off from reality, they are closed off from themselves. They are always open and receptive to others. Gerri's psychological wall defended herself from her own reactions, but then it emerged through a somatic response. (Somatic basically means "to the body.") In my experience, 9s are always active in reality. On the other hand, the more unhealthy they become the fewer chances they take with a reality that might bring up some unpleasant emotional response. As emotionally tough as they appear, they live in psychological glass houses, so they're not about to throw any rocks.

So when I say the 9s need to get back in touch with reality, it is to say they need to find experiences that elicit blocked responses within them. They need to get out and take a chance on a little excitement. This obviously isn't going to happen while engaged in navel-gazing about personality type.

I hope you don't get that vibe from me. I don't dislike you, it's just that sometimes you assume things about me that aren't necessarily true, and I'm not sure where those assumptions come from.
    I make predictions based on reading your posts. But as a type 9, you're not going to have any strong personal likes or dislikes anyway.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

After reading the stuff that you posted in the S vs N thread, I may be finally convinced that you are at least some sort of IN_P.

Not sure about your enneatype but I wouldn't rule out being a 5, or even a 4.

Enneagram
    5w4

I have some catching up to do. But I must say that I concur with shortnsweet's observations.

And out of curiosity, what vibe do I give you, mal?

Anyway, are we drawing closer to the day of change (perhaps), Revlis? How has being INFP been for you?

P.S. Honestly, everyone needs to take advantage of the Book Depository. http://www.bookdepository.com/Person.../9780395798676
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzy View Post
    I have some catching up to do. But I must say that I concur with shortnsweet's observations.

Anyway, are we drawing closer to the day of change (perhaps), Revlis? How has being INFP been for you?
    INFP seems fine so far. I don't think I'll be changing anytime soon.

P.S. Honestly, everyone needs to take advantage of the Book Depository. http://www.bookdepository.com/Person.../9780395798676
    Oooh! Thanks for the link.

I think I've finally decided on my enneagram type (hopefully for the last time). I'm a 5 because virtually everything fits. I got so caught up in the little details that didn't fit that I couldn't see it...The characteristics of type 9 (being pleasant and agreeable) fit me very well, but that's about as far as it goes. On the other hand, I have pretty much all of the most basic things, including motivations, that make a 5. Add a bit of a 9 flavor and it's a perfect fit.

Enneagram
    5w4

I'm still convinced that you're a 9 from the agreeableness to the lack of self-identity...but hey, it's not my decision to make.
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

I'm still convinced that you're a 9 from the agreeableness to the lack of self-identity...but hey, it's not my decision to make.
    Members keep assuming that since I change my type so many times, it must mean I don't know myself very well. But I disagree with this assumption. The real reason I keep mistyping is that I overthink everything and get too focused on the little details, and start doubting my type.

Anyways, especially when I consider what the whole "lack of identity" actually means in a 9, it just doesn't fit.
    Of all the personality types, Nines have the most difficulty identifying which type they are because their sense of self is undefined. Average Nines have little sense of who they are apart from those they have identified with; hence, they are usually at a loss to know where to begin to find their type. (As we have seen, either they think they are Fives or Twos or they see a little of themselves in all the types and make no further effort identifying themselves. If they have no guidance, Nines in this predicament usually shrug their shoulders and give up on the Enneagram and, more important, on acquiring self-knowledge.)
    The bolded part is something I can't even imagine. I don't see how someone could base their identity on other people and not know themselves apart from that. And I think I've already demonstrated that the last sentence doesn't fit.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

The nice thing is that as a type 9 you can be any other type you want to be.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I think I've finally decided on my enneagram type (hopefully for the last time). I'm a 5 because virtually everything fits. I got so caught up in the little details that didn't fit that I couldn't see it...The characteristics of type 9 (being pleasant and agreeable) fit me very well, but that's about as far as it goes. On the other hand, I have pretty much all of the most basic things, including motivations, that make a 5. Add a bit of a 9 flavor and it's a perfect fit.
    You may be right. Btw perhaps Tri Types are the real deal.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I think this could fit.
    594: Accepting and intuitive 5. Most sensitive and withdrawn 5, especially if self-preserving. Tends to be remote
    This one not so much. The bolded has flaws.
    5-9-4: reclusive, modest, discreet and quite dreamy and unassertive, such Fives possess a vast imagination in which they spend most of their time among their theories, fantasies and vivid memories. They have a somewhat bohemian charm to them – they are relaxed, casual, creative and a bit reckless. Usually pleasant and undisturbed on the outside, they hide complex inner worlds in which reality interweaves with fantasy, real with imaginary, the objective with the subjective. These Fives are gentle, sensitive and avoidant and tend to express their anger in a passive-aggressive manner.
    typical subtypes: self-preserving, sexual, 5w4
    similar tritypes: 5-4-9, 9-5-4, 4-5-9
    flavours: laid-back, unconventional, imaginative and random
    VS

The 954 is more contemplative and the the 952 will be more focused on others.

9s have a great capacity for depth, they just avoid conflict. Introspective 9s with 5 in the tritype are the intellectual 9s.
    Tbh, I think 954 fits better. I think the guides say ''lack of identity'' just because 9s keep avoiding conflicts, but that doesn't mean they can't have solid values - despite the fact that they won't be very assertive about them.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------