• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ISFP, INTJ or INTP?

Jack Cheese

I am unsure about my actual personality type, it is either INTJ, INTP or an ISFP based on the cognitive functions and temperaments that I have read. I am aware that between these personality types, the characteristics and cognitive functions vary greatly. Generally, it is also difficult for me to find a description that would best fit my understanding of each functions and temperaments since there are variety of explanations and theoretical beliefs in pertaining to the theory. Some of the test concluded that I am either an INTJ or an INTP based on the average stereotypical test. I am skeptical about my results.

I have the ability to easily expand on a theoretical belief, explanation or a scientific statement by delving into similar thoughts constantly that bridge into another perspective. This point of view will help me have a deeper understanding and interpretation from what was initially read through reflection and thinking. It's not easy for me to stop thinking when I reach this state of mind. Some of my thoughts are comparable to a puzzle. Some pieces of the puzzle remains solved or unsolved. Similarly, some pieces of that puzzle would be unsolved since there are a lot of thoughts that I think about as well, if that makes sense, this would get left in the dark until I read something that is related to my thoughts. I am also very analytical and observant. In addition, I am not good in literature or writing, it is not my interest. I am also not interested in artistic or anything that is theatrical involved. I also lack compassion and most certainly not interested in animals or children. It is not easy for me to detect how the other person feels and what emotional state they are in and finding what solution is best to approach that problem. So often times, I do not have much to say or have anything to say in this situation.

I am not a planner and needless to say, my resolution to serious issues that a lot of people would react is "It will be fine" or "I'll figure something out"

I am always late and never on time, unless it's an appointment and it's completely necessary for me to be there on time.

My thoughts can be well-compartmentalized and have some structure. There are days that it can also be unorganized without order by jumping from A to C without explaining B very well and jump into E without any relevance to D and not realize it. This depends as well. I might not be following any patterns to my thinking sometimes but I clearly say what is on my head. Another reason is to harmonize with others and they would understand where I am coming from is another reason as to how I converse also depends on the person.

I do not speak in figurative terms. I speak in literal terms. I also do not use quotations or parables to convey what I would like said. I am straight to the point and say it as I would like it said. I often second guess who I am but I reflect on my individuality at the same time. Very in tune in the present moment, almost forgetting the past and the future, lacking that ability to foresee the future and goals as well. I am not able to make long-term goals. If anything, it would be a short-term goal.

It is easier for me to show my emotions and how I feel to a person that is close to me. For example, a personal relationship. Once I get to know them, I would know their emotional needs and respond to it quickly. Although it is a trial and error, I would rather ask him what is wrong and find an immediate solution to the problem. There are certain steps to the process and each one I would try out and see how the other person would respond to what is being said.

I also do not speak in third person but naturally first.

Lastly, it also varies when I am emotionally stable or not. I would appreciate some comments.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
From your post, you don't sound like a feeler at all, so that eliminates ISFP.

And you sound... more INTJ than INTP.

I suck at typing people :blush:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Does Ti or Te resonate more with you? Fe or Fi? Ti or Fi?

-often istps tests as intp and/or intj
-based on your description, you don't sound like a feeler or a J.
-istp seems most likely from the description, but intp insn't out of the question

**note: istps are not confined to mechanic jobs without any capacity for thought, despite the awful online descriptions :dry:

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Actually ISTP might be more suitable than INTP... both have strong Ti.

Jack Cheese

Hello everyone,

Thank you for the input. I have looked into the ISTP description profile and unfortunately, it does not describe me. At the minimum, I can relate to less than 25%. I have looked into several other websites and hoping that it would not give me a generalized statement that would be applicable to at least 5-10% other 15 personality types. I do not match the descriptions in the ISTP profile. However, according to this website's descriptions, (which was informative and helpful):

http://greenlightwiki.com/lenore-exegesis/Introverted_Thinking

my four functions are (not in a particular order):

Introverted Thinking
Introverted Feeling
Extraverted Sensing
Extraverted Intuition

Thank you again for the help. Any other comments are appreciated.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
well, like I said the descriptions are pretty much universally terrible, so I wouldn't trust them too much. I relate way more to the INTP descriptions online than to the istp ones, even though I'm as certain as I'm ever likely to be that I am indeed istp. I don't fix cars, I don't ride motorcycles, I don't cheat death, blah blah blah.

If you have any interest in doing anything with your mind rather than your hands, the descriptions tend to put you as an N, which is not accurate at all. :doh:

The dominant function is usually the easiest to tease out. Read some descriptions of the functions (Fi, Ti) and see if you identify more with introverted thinking vs. introverted feeling. If the former, you're likely to be INTP or ISTP; if the latter, you're likely to be INTJ or ISFP (or INFP). You don't read like a feeler, but I suppose anything's possible.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
well, like I said the descriptions are pretty much universally terrible, so I wouldn't trust them too much. I relate way more to the INTP descriptions online than to the istp ones, even though I'm as certain as I'm ever likely to be that I am indeed istp. I don't fix cars, I don't ride motorcycles, I don't cheat death, blah blah blah.

If you have any interest in doing anything with your mind rather than your hands, the descriptions tend to put you as an N, which is not accurate at all. :doh:

The dominant function is usually the easiest to tease out. Read some descriptions of the functions (Fi, Ti) and see if you identify more with introverted thinking vs. introverted feeling. If the former, you're likely to be INTP or ISTP; if the latter, you're likely to be INTJ or ISFP (or INFP). You don't read like a feeler, but I suppose anything's possible.
I agree. And the tests are pretty unreliable. The best way is to read the descriptions and see what you can relate with.

Jack Cheese

The functions would classify me as an INTP. However, I do not get certain patterns, such as this example provided below:

"Orange is the color of fall leaves. animals have to get fat before winter comes, so the leaves turn hughes of red, orange and yellow to stimulate their appetites. This same concept is used in Burger Kings, McDonalds and BBQ restaurants- they have scientifically proven that these colors stimulate appetite so they use them on their signs and in their stores to make you hungrier and eat more. That is why my orange screensaver made me eat more!"

It seems more random and does not follow a consistent line. I see how and where it is leading and how it began. Would this simply mean that I am a Sensor?