User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 44

Thread: Hap's Type

  1. #21
    almost nekkid scantilyclad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx
    Posts
    2,109

    Default

    I think you are def. an INTj.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

  2. #22
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elfinchilde View Post
    what do you think of Machiavelli?

    If you see something wrong with the world, would you seek to impose your order upon it, because it is *better* for everyone if you assume control, or would you be more likely to let them find their own way? (like an anxious parent behind the toddling child)

    How much thought do you give before you act?
    I've never read any Machiavelli, so I don't think I'm great to respond to this, but I'm under the impression that he was a very smart man, but I don't believe that running a government through fear is right, especially a modern one.

    If there is something immediate that I can take charge of, I do it, but usually when I take charge of something it's because I'm so frustrated with the way that it's previously being run. Too many people refuse to take charge around me, so if something's got to be done, it's got to be done. I agree to a certain amount of government control over things but I'm not likely to start a coup or become a martyr, because hell, I value my own existence too much. I guess if I found something really worth my life I'd do it, but I highly doubt that I'll find something like that in my lifetime. I don't like leading, but I will lead if something is stagnating, as I often have had to at school.

    When it comes to injustices on a grand scale, I don't usually feel the urge to combat them. Even if it's not fair, even if it's not right, there's usually a reason things turned out that way, and it's better to work within the system than try to abolish it completely. Even if revolution is bloody and glorious, I'd rather not live through it.

    How much thought? This has to be a trick question. I think out about every single little thing I do, and even a lot of things I don't end up doing because I decide they're a waste of time before I do them.

  3. #23
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Energetic?

    Ma'am, there are several factors that can go into that. At the moment I'm under a lot of stress so maybe another side is showing up. I've got to admit, life is making me scared and feeling terrible and I've been trying to get my catharsis online rather than letting it spill out into any other source. I know that I have to maintain a perfect demeanor in real life or else I'll end up heavily medicated. It's really a tough job, staying calm and appearing normal when you're falling apart from the inside.

    Or maybe... it's just late...
    You are a 15 year old highly gifted, exceptional female.

    It is a rough gig, and I've done quite a bit of research on this, and you are *not* alone in having to deal with the backlash of societal norms, misguided policies, and the ignorant, yet powerful masses, who in failing to understand you, will either maliciously or inadvertently work to both hurt you and hinder your capacities.

    F them!!!

    You are awesome and there is nothing wrong with being exceptional!!!

    If you stay true to yourself, you'll invariably end up on top.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  4. #24
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    You are a 15 year old highly gifted, exceptional female.

    It is a rough gig, and I've done quite a bit of research on this, and you are *not* alone in having to deal with the backlash of societal norms, misguided policies, and the ignorant, yet powerful masses, who in failing to understand you, will either maliciously or inadvertently work to both hurt you and hinder your capacities.

    F them!!!

    You are awesome and there is nothing wrong with being exceptional!!!

    Stay true to yourself!!!
    Yes, I know I'm definitely, definitely not alone. There are a billion out there just like me. For some reason, this isn't comforting.

    And also, that's a lot more exclamation points than are necessary...

    I have a question, then, to those who insist INTP. Are P types normally bothered by deadlines? This is likely a stupid question, but it's one that I want the answer to.

  5. #25
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Yes, I know I'm definitely, definitely not alone. There are a billion out there just like me. For some reason, this isn't comforting.

    And also, that's a lot more exclamation points than are necessary...

    I have a question, then, to those who insist INTP. Are P types normally bothered by deadlines? This is likely a stupid question, but it's one that I want the answer to.
    No, you've misread my post, there are *not* a billion out there like you, far from.

    Your comment on my excessive use of exclamation points acts as a case-in-point in "proving" your INTJness.

    I am providing you with support and yet you find it necessary to comment and critique my use of exclamation points, excessive as they may be...cute!!!!!
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  6. #26
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    No, you've misread my post, there are *not* a billion out there like you, far from.

    Your comment on my excessive use of exclamation points acts as a case-in-point in "proving" your INTJness.

    I am providing you with support and yet you find it necessary to comment and critique my use of exclamation points, excessive as they may be...cute!!!!!
    Every time you use that many exclamation points, I hear ringing in my ears...

    I read you right loud and clear. There are actually quite a few of us, or at least we're overrepresented in the media. Everyone would like to fancy themselves above average, but less than half of them can be above average. That's just mathematics. It's hard to tell what's above average and what's not when people are all claiming to be above average.

  7. #27
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Every time you use that many exclamation points, I hear ringing in my ears...

    I read you right loud and clear. There are actually quite a few of us, or at least we're overrepresented in the media. Everyone would like to fancy themselves above average, but less than half of them can be above average. That's just mathematics. It's hard to tell what's above average and what's not when people are all claiming to be above average.
    Oy vey, here's an article you might find interesting.

    Unskilled and Unaware of It: How Difficulties in Recognizing One's Own Incompetence Lead to Inflated Self-Assessments


    http://www.apa.org/journals/features/psp7761121.pdf

    You did not read me loud and clear, perhaps you were too distracted by the ringing in your ears. Who knows, regardless, I'm sensing a bit of angst on your behalf, which is entirely understandable.

    Before you jump to conclusions, read, assess and weigh all the facts.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  8. #28
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Oy vey, here's an article you might find interesting.

    Unskilled and Unaware of It: How Difficulties in Recognizing One's Own Incompetence Lead to Inflated Self-Assessments


    http://www.apa.org/journals/features/psp7761121.pdf

    You did not read me loud and clear, perhaps you were too distracted by the ringing in your ears. Who knows, regardless, I'm sensing a bit of angst on your behalf, which is entirely understandable.

    Before you jump to conclusions, read, assess and weigh all the facts.
    I'm pretty sure angst is a typical teenage response to feelings of inadequacy and stress. Undesirable, but perfectly understandable, and even expected.

    I've only just started reading this, but doesn't this sort of prove my point? What was my point? I don't even remember.

    This is off topic, anyway. We're here to resolve the issue of type, not the issue of my teenage angst.

  9. #29
    ~dangerous curves ahead~
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    2,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post

    My arguing style... if my argument is dismissed immediately, I get very upset. I try to use evidence but often I have trouble coming up with specific examples for things. If it's an intellectual debate, I hate when people bring up things like lack of experience on my part (again, a teenager) to invalidated my argument, accusing me of close-mindedness and therefore finding grounds to dismiss my argument without actually disproving me.
    - what is it about the dismissal that makes you upset? The fact that it was immediate, and you'd put a lot of thought into it and it was not considered fairly, or that you are right and the rest are not able to see it or the dismissal hurts your feelings?

    - "have trouble coming up with specific examples"
    because of?

    " have no personal vendetta against the world"
    - do you feel the world has it out for you though?

    Describe yourself in a word/phrase. What would you say guides your actions. What values are important to you? What is it about yourself that is important to you?

  10. #30
    More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    678

    Default

    In looking over the entirety of your posts it is apparent that you are most likely an INTp. P types can very easily become upset with deadlines if the given subject holds a great deal of importance to them. Try not to get into the P/J "deadline" method of thinking, only a slight majority of the time does it hold true. In trying to determine P/J, analyze your daily life and determine if you find yourself compelled to follow things through, or if you start many things without finishing others. Also examine, in your daily life, weather you seek to control a situation, or understand it.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

Similar Threads

  1. Each type in 3 words.
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-02-2016, 07:32 AM
  2. No Type
    By paulwhy in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-05-2015, 09:01 PM
  3. Hap's Theory of Dynamic Type
    By Haphazard in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 11-08-2008, 01:42 PM
  4. Hap's 1,750 Post Type Thread
    By Haphazard in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-18-2008, 03:04 AM
  5. [NF] What sort of topics are NF type topics?
    By Alienclock in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-23-2007, 09:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO