User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Type Me Again

Default Type Me Again

So, I'm not feeling very INFP lately. I usually test as either INFP or ISFP (and recently ISFJ on the cognitive function test), and I'm pretty sure I'm in some sort of dominant-tertiary loop. I could be an INFP in a Fi-Si loop...but I'm starting to doubt whether I'm really Fi-dom.

Here are the types I'm considering:
    INFP (Fi-Si loop)
    INTP (Ti-Si loop)
    ISFJ (Si-Ti loop)
    ISTJ (Si-Fi loop/NFP shadow mode)

Here are my most recent cognitive function test results:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************* (19.4)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ************************************************** ** (52.7)
    excellent use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************* (25.4)
    average use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ***************** (17.9)
    limited use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************* (21)
    limited use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************************** (35.4)
    good use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************************** (29.6)
    average use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************** (38.4)
    excellent use

I'm pretty sure that at least at the moment, my Si is stronger than my Fi. But one thing I find odd is that Si users are supposed to have very good memory for details and like tradition. I'm good at memorizing things and have good spatial memory, but in general I'm very forgetful and not much of an information collector. I'm absolutely terrible at remembering names and faces as well as events. My mom (supposedly INFJ) is very good at this. She's always reminding me of things and keeping track of things for everyone. I don't know how she does it...

And I've never really seen the point in tradition, but I suppose it's based on a sense of community, which I don't seem to have. On the other hand, I can be very much a creature of habit, preferring to sit at the same table every time I go to a restaurant, and ordering the same thing I always order. And I pretty much do the same things all the time rather than trying anything new.

Anyways, I found this ISTJ Si-Fi loop description that actually fits me quite well:
    When Fi takes too strong a role in cognition and overtakes Te, forming an "SiFi loop", the ISTJ may completely and totally withdraw from virtually all surroundings and circumstances which are not immediately familiar and comforting to his sense of stable interpretive meaning. All forms of external interaction seems to involve uncertainty, which makes them inherently unsafe--avoidant behavior becomes the norm, as the ISTJ with poor Te finds himself both unable to confidently take command of any situation or assert his organizational abilities toward any productive end, and irrationally sensitive to any form of experiential input which does not align with the sense of dependable routine which defines the boundaries of his comfort zone. The SiFi loop ISTJ will continue to narrow his perceptual intake further and further, convinced that anything he doesn't already know completely will only attack and further corrupt or damage his easily impressionable sense of personal ethics and ideals. Inferior Ne--as we will see in the next section--leads to a flood of dangerous and threatening external possibilities which must be contained and avoided at all costs.
    I'm falling into a comfortable routine which involves avoiding social interaction and resisting change. But on the other hand, based on what I've read it sounds like the socially withdrawn aspect of Fi-Si and Si-Fi loops typically tends to revolve around social anxiety, which I don't have. My withdrawing comes from not enjoying social situations and not seeing any point.

ISFJ in Si-Ti loop:
    When applied negatively in a poorly developed state, Ti may cause counterproductive changes as its insistence on "just knowing" that something is (or is not) inherently fair or reasonable can reinforce all of Si's worst tendencies in terms of subjective self-reference as the ideal solution to any and all problems or disagreements. Convinced beyond all doubt that only he has the true depth of experience to understand the problem in realistic terms, the SiTi loop ISFJ may reject any and all outside opinions regardless of the status or relationship implied by the characteristics of the person offering them. "Listen, my wife doesn't know what's best for our children--I'm the one who's been there looking after them from day one!" Neglecting Fe's vital external input can leave the ISFJ lacking any sort of meaningful outside standard against which to weigh his own subjective evaluations of the overall value of any given idea, practice, or methodology.
    Hmmm, this one doesn't really fit me at all. So maybe I'm not ISFJ then...

But I can't seem to find good Fi-Si and Ti-Si loop descriptions, so I can't narrow it down further.

Oh, and by the way, here are the problems I have with ISTJ:
    -I'm extremely lazy and unproductive (though I'm usually responsible and dependable)
    -I don't like tradition
    -I'm never rigid
    -I don't really put much effort into building a storehouse of facts and information (most people seem to know a lot more random facts than I do)

Here are the problems I have with INFP:
    -I don't seem very abstract/theoretical lately
    -I don't have any strong moral convictions
    -I often don't notice how I feel about something until later

Oh my gosh, did I just write a whole long post like this without using a single smiley?

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

ISTJ in a Si-Fi loop does seem possible.

What about you other functions? Are you sure that your Ni or Fe or ect. isn't really higher than Si or Fi?

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    ISTJ in a Si-Fi loop does seem possible.

What about you other functions? Are you sure that your Ni or Fe or ect. isn't really higher than Si or Fi?
    Yeah, that's the other thing. I've never related to any of the Ni descriptions I've read, but maybe that's just because I don't understand it very well. But based on this description of ISFP in a Fi-Ni loop, I think it's worth looking into.

When ISFPs apply Ni is a less productive way, typically by neglecting Se development and slipping into an FiNi loop, the result is generally a combination of bitter cynicism toward the intentions of everyone around them, and feelings of hopeless isolation and detachment from the real and concrete experiences by which they discover their sense of meaning and purpose. Burdened with too much Ni too soon, the ISFP may decide to simply "drop out" of life in general--convinced that nothing will ever grant him the sense of personal fulfillment he desires because nothing is truly significant in a global sense, he may resign himself to cynical commentary on the hopelessness of it all. "Why even bother? Nothing is ever going to change. Nothing I do is ever going to make any serious difference to anybody--so what's the point? Why should I even bother? I already know what's going to happen, and it's not anything I want to be a part of--so I quit."
    When I read this, I realized it sounded just like something I had recently posted in my blog (when asked why telling a friend about my depression made me feel worse):

It's hard to explain. It just felt pointless and stupid. Anyone opening up about depression would have received a similar response. It was completely predictable, like watching a movie after someone already spoiled the whole plot and ending. I feel like there should be more to it than that, but there isn't. If you say you're sad, people are going to ask why and then express sympathy. When you already know how someone's going to respond, do you really get anything out of actually hearing that response? Do you really need to hear it after you've already heard it in your head?
    This is kind of how I've felt in general lately--a lot of meaninglessness when it comes to social interaction. When I'm walking back from class with a friend, I could say what's on my mind, but there wouldn't really be any point. The only thing it could possibly lead to is more pointless conversation, and since I don't even feel like talking anyways, I stay quiet.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    So, I'm not feeling very INFP lately. I usually test as either INFP or ISFP (and recently ISFJ on the cognitive function test), and I'm pretty sure I'm in some sort of dominant-tertiary loop. I could be an INFP in a Fi-Si loop...but I'm starting to doubt whether I'm really Fi-dom.

Here are the types I'm considering:
    INFP (Fi-Si loop)
    INTP (Ti-Si loop)
    ISFJ (Si-Ti loop)
    ISTJ (Si-Fi loop/NFP shadow mode)

Here are my most recent cognitive function test results:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************* (19.4)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ************************************************** ** (52.7)
    excellent use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************* (25.4)
    average use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ***************** (17.9)
    limited use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************* (21)
    limited use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************************** (35.4)
    good use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************************** (29.6)
    average use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************** (38.4)
    excellent use

I'm pretty sure that at least at the moment, my Si is stronger than my Fi. But one thing I find odd is that Si users are supposed to have very good memory for details and like tradition. I'm good at memorizing things and have good spatial memory, but in general I'm very forgetful and not much of an information collector. I'm absolutely terrible at remembering names and faces as well as events. My mom (supposedly INFJ) is very good at this. She's always reminding me of things and keeping track of things for everyone. I don't know how she does it...

And I've never really seen the point in tradition, but I suppose it's based on a sense of community, which I don't seem to have. On the other hand, I can be very much a creature of habit, preferring to sit at the same table every time I go to a restaurant, and ordering the same thing I always order. And I pretty much do the same things all the time rather than trying anything new.

Anyways, I found this ISTJ Si-Fi loop description that actually fits me quite well:

I'm falling into a comfortable routine which involves avoiding social interaction and resisting change. But on the other hand, based on what I've read it sounds like the socially withdrawn aspect of Fi-Si and Si-Fi loops typically tends to revolve around social anxiety, which I don't have. My withdrawing comes from not enjoying social situations and not seeing any point.

ISFJ in Si-Ti loop:

Hmmm, this one doesn't really fit me at all. So maybe I'm not ISFJ then...

But I can't seem to find good Fi-Si and Ti-Si loop descriptions, so I can't narrow it down further.

Oh, and by the way, here are the problems I have with ISTJ:
    -I'm extremely lazy and unproductive (though I'm usually responsible and dependable)
    -I don't like tradition
    -I'm never rigid
    -I don't really put much effort into building a storehouse of facts and information (most people seem to know a lot more random facts than I do)

Here are the problems I have with INFP:
    -I don't seem very abstract/theoretical lately
    -I don't have any strong moral convictions
    -I often don't notice how I feel about something until later

Oh my gosh, did I just write a whole long post like this without using a single smiley?
    Sounds like an Si-Ti loop to me. You sound ISFJ in this post.

Do you have many bodily and dietary sensitivities?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Sounds like an Si-Ti loop to me. You sound ISFJ in this post.

Do you have many bodily and dietary sensitivities?
    You mean like not liking certain foods? I'm generally not a picky eater, but there are some foods I don't like. I'm not really sure what you mean though.

Anyways, neglected Fe certainly sounds like it could fit, but if so, it doesn't manifest in me the same way that was described in the quote. I'm very self-doubting and don't claim to know things I clearly know nothing about.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

You mean like not liking certain foods? I'm generally not a picky eater, but there are some foods I don't like. I'm not really sure what you mean though.

Anyways, neglected Fe certainly sounds like it could fit, but if so, it doesn't manifest in me the same way that was described in the quote. I'm very self-doubting and don't claim to know things I clearly know nothing about.
    No. I have a theory about Si doms. They have LOTS of food and body sensitivities. Lots of allergies, etc. Real or imagined.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    No. I have a theory about Si doms. They have LOTS of food and body sensitivities. Lots of allergies, etc. Real or imagined.
    I don't have any allergies as far as I'm aware.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Per our discussion, he seems to lean towards ISTJ, and the "lazy", "tradition" and "rigid" descriptions are generalized stereotypes. I know ISTJ's who do not fit all those things, and it's due to their upbringings usually.
    A theory I have us that the SJ "Guardian" actually corresponds to the FIRO "Rebel" (aka Melancholy in Control), and this surfaces when the institutions and other things like that SJ's are supposed to uphold, are really screwed up. They rebel, and seek to create their own. The temperamental need is one of stability; not necessarily existing institutions and memories they were brought up in. Those things still can't be too unfavorable to the ego.

So they might not be all into all that stuff, but will be more open and willing to create their own traditions and memories.

He does still mention the "responsible and dependable", and that is a clue.

As for the "storehouse of facts and information" and "random facts", part of it is, if it is dominant, not recognizing this storehouse, because it is so second nature.
    Also, especially in comparison to others, the dominant will be mature, and choose storehouses that are the most important. So I end up appearing to deal in a storehouse of memories and random facts more than many SJ's around me, and they in turn think it's all too trivial. But that's because Si is tertiary for me (and thus "inflates" itself; but it's really a relief function, and not a mature ego preference).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I don't have any allergies as far as I'm aware.
    It's really more they *think* they have allergies.

It sounds like, by my test, you are not Si dom.

You must be something else.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i like the functions and all but i think people can get too confused by it. if you had to type yourself just based on the dichotomies, i vs e, s vs n, etc what would you choose?