User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 104

Thread: Type Me Again

  1. #71
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    I found this in another thread:



    Based on this, I should be INFP...
    Wrapping back around to the Tertiary Si again.

    You don't have to be so dependent upon others to figure you out.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  2. #72
    Senior Member Silveresque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Wrapping back around to the Tertiary Si again.

    You don't have to be so dependent upon others to figure you out.
    True, I could just go with my best guess, but I learn more this way by getting input from other members with more knowledge and experience than me. It's not like I'm waiting for someone to tell me what type I am. I'm researching and trying to figure this out on my own at the same time that I'm making this thread.

  3. #73
    Senior Member Tiger Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,077

    Default

    Insecure?
    INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni

  4. #74
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    True, I could just go with my best guess, but I learn more this way by getting input from other members with more knowledge and experience than me. It's not like I'm waiting for someone to tell me what type I am. I'm researching and trying to figure this out on my own at the same time that I'm making this thread.
    You're always going around in circles. I don't see you getting anywhere this way. I'll just say you're not grounded enough in the real world to be an S of any kind. That's not a judgment on you because I'm an intuitive also. But I also have to say that you're not grounded enough in yourself to come to a decision here, and that finding a group of letters to describe you isn't the answer for you.

    I believe you're an INFP, but it really doesn't matter if you believe me because there will always be another, and another, and another bit of evidence to cast your previous decision aside.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  5. #75
    Senior Member Silveresque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    You're always going around in circles. I don't see you getting anywhere this way. I'll just say you're not grounded enough in the real world to be an S of any kind. That's not a judgment on you because I'm an intuitive also. But I also have to say that you're not grounded enough in yourself to come to a decision here, and that finding a group of letters to describe you isn't the answer for you.

    I believe you're an INFP, but it really doesn't matter if you believe me because there will always be another, and another, and another bit of evidence to cast your previous decision aside.
    You're right, this isn't going anywhere. :P Maybe I should stick with INFP.

  6. #76
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    If you are regularly changing your type, the rule of thumb is FP esp. XNFP....

  7. #77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    If you are regularly changing your type, the rule of thumb is FP esp. XNFP....
    That's right.

  8. #78
    ⒺⓉⒷ Eric B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    3,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Once again, that is circular, no matter what you looked at. You're just saying that "directive" and "structure focused" are pure Melancholic traits simply because ISTJ's have those traits.
    What is even your point by now? How would you rather define Melancholic? Temperament was originally defined in terms of expressive and responsive characteristics, and Melancholic was low expressive and low responsive. Galen called this "cold" and "dry". It later became introverted and task-focus. All TJ's are both directive and structure focused, because there are two levels of temperament, and the TJ is less responsive in both. ISTJ is additionally low expressive in both. (Introverted and cooperative).

    I would also be careful with these stereotypes, such as NFP's being by "rule" to be the ones to "not be grounded" in type, and the S's would be grounded. Anyone who doesn't completely understand the concept might have problems fitting one. (Like since all this stuff is deeply abstract content, an S might be less geared to it). And I believe that a lot of people who go back and forth are actually NTP's, but because of so much misunderstanding around T/F, are led to think they might be F's.
    Plus, if the person might be genuinely inbetween, as I just pointed out. (Evidenced by identifying with a moderate or "Phlegmatic"-blended temperament, and in type, they will have to default to one side or the other, but it will not be a very strong preference).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

    Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

  9. #79
    ⒺⓉⒷ Eric B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    3,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I should point out that these three types share some commonalities. But that, irregardless of all three of them being "loyal," that term is going to have a different meaning for some or all of them. "Loyalty" is going to have a different connotation for the ISTJ, especially in the context of "traditions" which you crossed out (the formatting wasn't saved when I copied and pasted). So you're obviously not loyal to traditions.

    Therefore, in this view, if you cross out "traditions" then "loyalty" should be thrown out along with it. But that's not to cross out "loyalty" for the other two types, because the motives differ. An ISTJ is loyal out of a sense of duty and tradition. So you can't have loyalty, for that type, without duty and tradition to support it. The other types will be loyal for other reasons. Their motives may have more to do with, oh, needing to be needed, or something like that, as a loyalty to others. You fill in the blank as to where your motives for loyalty lie and where your loyalty belongs.
    This is correct. (It is basically the difference between Melancholy and Supine motives).

    Still, we again must be careful with the generalizations of these type behavior trait descriptions.
    Another good question we could ask is why she doesn't identify with "traditions". There might be some reason why, according to her experiences. Tradition is just one general trait emanating from the temperament and/or functional need. Other things can change this, but the need remains the same, and can be evidenced in other traits. So they can still be loyal from a sense of duty, but this can be on a more individual basis, rather than let's say a large institution, like if they believe that institution's values are messed up. (Particularly of note for an ISTJ, with tertiary Fi).
    In such cases, they generally believe in "create new traditions".

    Also, she did cross off far more INFP traits than either of the other two.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

    Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

  10. #80
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    What is even your point by now? How would you rather define Melancholic? Temperament was originally defined in terms of expressive and responsive characteristics, and Melancholic was low expressive and low responsive. Galen called this "cold" and "dry". It later became introverted and task-focus. All TJ's are both directive and structure focused, because there are two levels of temperament, and the TJ is less responsive in both. ISTJ is additionally low expressive in both. (Introverted and cooperative).

    I would also be careful with these stereotypes, such as NFP's being by "rule" to be the ones to "not be grounded" in type, and the S's would be grounded. Anyone who doesn't completely understand the concept might have problems fitting one. (Like since all this stuff is deeply abstract content, an S might be less geared to it). And I believe that a lot of people who go back and forth are actually NTP's, but because of so much misunderstanding around T/F, are led to think they might be F's.
    Plus, if the person might be genuinely inbetween, as I just pointed out. (Evidenced by identifying with a moderate or "Phlegmatic"-blended temperament, and in type, they will have to default to one side or the other, but it will not be a very strong preference).
    I didn't say that about NFP's, I think you have me confused with Glycerine. I don't see Revils as being grounded in reality, kind of like myself, another intuitive. I happen to be more grounded in myself than she is - i.e., I don't have identity problems. And unlike type 9s, I'm not so other-centric. Type 9s lose their identity in others, usually a significant other, by seeking merger with the other. It just so happens that the INFP in question is a type 9, but INFP's can't always be type 9s so not all INFPs are going to have that trait. INFPs, when they are type 4s, have another kind of identity issue. Therefore I can't possibly be stereotyping. I am simply looking at two systems at once, just as you do with your APS and MBTI.

    "Cold" and "dry" are obviously emotional attitudes. Their attitude is "cold" and their speech is "dry" and unemotional.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Similar Threads

  1. Type me again
    By Clegane in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 02-20-2017, 06:02 AM
  2. Help type me AGAIN.
    By Melodrama in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-25-2016, 11:05 AM
  3. Type me, again
    By _Jack_ in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-19-2016, 01:44 PM
  4. Type me again?
    By Jet Stream in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-03-2015, 03:24 PM
  5. type me, again, por favor!!
    By kanye west in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2012, 06:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO