Thread: Type Me Again

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    ^And one mustn't forget the importance of dream interpretation either. For example, INTJs dream about being ganged up on and kicking ass/killing. INFJs dream about falling and getting lost in mazes. And INTPs dream about capturing, interrogating, and procreating with Bigfoot and the cuckaburra. And ISFPs dream about......?
    There's always exceptions to the rule. A psychiatrist once gave someone a diagnosis of Bipolar on the basis of cuts on the patient's arms. He didn't even ask the patient a single question. The guy told me he got the cuts from a fight he was in.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

^Yeah, he was way off imo. I would have said BPD>
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    ^Yeah, he was way off imo. I would have said BPD>
    I think I was off, actually. You're right. The shrink said BPD but the actual diagnosis, based on the judgment of three other shrinks, was bipolar disorder with psychotic features.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

It's actually possible I could be a judging type rather than a perceiver, since I could go either way on a lot of the J/P questions.

^The darkened bullets are the ones I relate to, which is almost all of them.

I do a sort of "planned procrastination", where I have an idea of when I'm going to do something (which is usually at the second-to-last minute so I have extra time just in case). I don't like to have an exact time of when I'm going to do something, because I would rather have some flexibility so I can do it when I feel like it.

I don't really see the point in doing things way ahead of time. As long as it gets done on time, what does it matter when it gets done? My parents (both judging types) want me to plan out every detail and get everything figured out way ahead of time, and that really annoys me. I would rather do things my way, since that works best for me. Though sometimes it is nice getting things done early.

But I do like to have some sort of plan, just a loose one. And I like to keep lists of the things I have to do so I don't have to constantly remind myself, which would be stressful. I'm also always organized and prepared and arrive at appointments and meetings early.

This probably sounds more P, but could I be J?

Glycerine

The indecisiveness makes me think P. J likes closure. I would be really annoyed if I started questioning my type within one or two weeks of my last deliberation.

EDIT: I have questioned my type a lot but I usually kept my typing for a few months before changing. I had INFJ for over a year. 9 for over a year. 3 for a few months. 6 for a few months. I have kept my current typing for two and half months.

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    The indecisiveness makes me think P. J likes closure. I would be really annoyed if I started questioning my type within one or two weeks of my last deliberation.
    Yeah, I am very indecisive.

Hmm...Are Fi users typically emotionally expressive? Because I'm not really...

Glycerine

Stereotypically "no". When they are pissed, they give off an energy/vibe but don't necessarily outwardly express it unless they hit their last straw. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Stereotypically "no". When they are pissed, they give off an energy/vibe but don't necessarily outwardly express it unless they hit their last straw. lol
    Okay, that sounds about right then.

I found this in another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Only my opinion of course and there's a whole spectrum within type..... but one thing I have noticed with INFP's I know irl is that they seem to be more particular, and prone to routine than ISFP's - i.e. liking to go and do the same things without tiring of it, and liking things done in certain ways, even if they don't verbalize that preference. It's like, you know that preference is there. So in that sense ISFP's I think come across more laid back and in some ways, more experimental/open/flexible to change in their lives.

I always attributed this to Si in INFP's which results in preference for familiarity and in some cases resistance to newness, vs. Se in ISFP's. This isn't to say some of that in INFP's isn't counterbalanced by Ne, but it's just a peculiar thing I've noticed about INFP's - not obvious, as on the surface they seem very laidback - but rather, when you get to know them more, it seems they are very rigid and, well, particular in certain details and things. Also seem to not need the 'newness' of experience nearly as much as ISFP's; so externally INFP's can seem more routine. Routine in action; I'm not speaking of internal world/thought.
    Based on this, I should be INFP...