User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 104

Thread: Type Me Again

  1. #21
    Senior Member Silveresque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    You know what? I relate more to all of the introverted functions than the extroverted ones. Si>Se, Ni>Ne, Fi>Fe, and Ti>Te. I am a true introvert.

  2. #22
    (blankpages) Xenon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Congratulations, you are not an idiot.
    Yeah, that doesn't exactly require Ni.

    Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    You know what? I relate more to all of the introverted functions than the extroverted ones. Si>Se, Ni>Ne, Fi>Fe, and Ti>Te. I am a true introvert.
    Hmm. So which extraverted function do you relate to best? Are there ones you definitely don't relate to?

    (Also, I knew you were a chick from the beginning. )

  3. #23
    Senior Member Silveresque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    Hmm. So which extraverted function do you relate to best? Are there ones you definitely don't relate to?

    (Also, I knew you were a chick from the beginning. )
    Well, I don't seem to have one ounce of Se in me. I never liked sports, or anything involving exercise for that matter. And I'm never really living in the moment, I'm usually lost in my thoughts or just spacing out.

    On the other hand, if greenlightwiki's definitions are accurate and I'm not misinterpreting them, I really don't relate at all to Ne either.

    I can never tell with Te and Fe. I suppose I can relate a little to both, but I can't tell which one I relate to more. This really doesn't help at all.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Silveresque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    I just read the descriptions of Fi, Ti, Fe, and Te. I think Fi and Te fit me better than Ti and Fe. This should make me IxFP or IxTJ.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    So, I'm not feeling very INFP lately. I usually test as either INFP or ISFP (and recently ISFJ on the cognitive function test), and I'm pretty sure I'm in some sort of dominant-tertiary loop. I could be an INFP in a Fi-Si loop...but I'm starting to doubt whether I'm really Fi-dom.

    Here are the types I'm considering:
    INFP (Fi-Si loop)
    INTP (Ti-Si loop)
    ISFJ (Si-Ti loop)
    ISTJ (Si-Fi loop/NFP shadow mode)
    The function test does not search for tertiaries or shadows, every question is oriented toward dominant functions.

    Don't start with the assumption that you have some tertiary or shadow to look at first. This is backward. Your highest scores are sensing and feeling. You score highest on introversion. Now determine your p or j scale. Just remember that you're trying to determine your MBTI type, not your Jungian type. That you are Jungian Si-dom seems firmly established by your test results. Your MBTI is either ISFP or ISFJ. You shouldn't assume that an ISFJ person cannot score highest on the Si scale. It would surprise me far more if you scored highest on an N or T scale.

    Over-all, your two S function scores totaled 72.1, and your F scores came to 68.0. N is only 43.3. T came in third with 56.4.

    Another assumption you make, a false one this time, is that you can determine j or p according to your dominant, your tertiary, etc. Use a more straightforward method. Do you score higher on the j or p scale on tests that test for those?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  6. #26
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,989

    Default

    By the way, if I went solely on your list of interests in your profile, I would say you're an INFP. Of course, that forms the good ole FiSi loop which could account for your high Si score and Fi secondary. That would be, well, really neurotic, if you don't mind my saying so.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  7. #27
    Senior Member Silveresque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    The function test does not search for tertiaries or shadows, every question is oriented toward dominant functions.

    Don't start with the assumption that you have some tertiary or shadow to look at first. This is backward. Your highest scores are sensing and feeling. You score highest on introversion. Now determine your p or j scale. Just remember that you're trying to determine your MBTI type, not your Jungian type. That you are Jungian Si-dom seems firmly established by your test results. Your MBTI is either ISFP or ISFJ. You shouldn't assume that an ISFJ person cannot score highest on the Si scale. It would surprise me far more if you scored highest on an N or T scale.

    Over-all, your two S function scores totaled 72.1, and your F scores came to 68.0. N is only 43.3. T came in third with 56.4.

    Another assumption you make, a false one this time, is that you can determine j or p according to your dominant, your tertiary, etc. Use a more straightforward method. Do you score higher on the j or p scale on tests that test for those?
    I get what you're saying and for the most part I agree. You're making the assumption that the cognitive function tests are accurate. It's actually very unusual for me to score so high on Si.

    Here are my previous results from the function test:

    extraverted Sensing (Se) ********* (9.2)
    unused
    introverted Sensing (Si) *************************************** (39.4)
    excellent use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************* (37.6)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************** (22.6)
    limited use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) *********** (11.8)
    unused
    introverted Thinking (Ti) *************************************** (39.5)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************************** (32.2)
    good use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************************** (47.3)
    excellent use

    And here are my results from a different function test, which I scaled and set up to resemble the first kind: (http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/as...velop_old.html)

    extraverted Sensing (Se) **************** (16)
    unused
    introverted Sensing (Si) ************************** (26)
    average use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************** (26)
    average use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) **************************** (28)
    unused
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************** (26)
    good use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************************** ******** (58)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************ (36)
    limited use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************************** (30)
    excellent use

    Anyways, to answer your question, I'm a pretty consistent P scorer.

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    By the way, if I went solely on your list of interests in your profile, I would say you're an INFP. Of course, that forms the good ole FiSi loop which could account for your high Si score and Fi secondary. That would be, well, really neurotic, if you don't mind my saying so.
    I don't mind. I am quite neurotic at the moment and extremely withdrawn, which is why I'm assuming I'm in a dominant-tertiary loop. I'm not my usual self lately, so I would be very surprised if I weren't in a loop (and I think my clear preference for the introverted functions points to this as well).

  8. #28
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,989

    Default

    Your test scores are so "all over the place," that I just think I'll have to go with INFP because of your profile description, and you say you consistently score P. The high Si on your present test result may or may not be meaningful as a tertiary, because the test does not test for anything but dominants, but I'll risk assuming that it is meaningful in this case.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  9. #29
    Senior Member Silveresque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Your test scores are so "all over the place," that I just think I'll have to go with INFP because of your profile description, and you say you consistently score P. The high Si on your present test result may or may not be meaningful as a tertiary, because the test does not test for anything but dominants, but I'll risk assuming that it is meaningful in this case.
    My scores are generally consistent when they come from the same test. The results I showed you indicate that the tests are inconsistent with each other, which may mean one is accurate and the other inaccurate, or they may both be inaccurate.

    Fortunately, I've saved a lot of my previous results. These are all from the keys2cognition test:

    FIRST RESULTS:

    extraverted Sensing (Se) ************** (14.3)
    unused
    introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************* (31.3)
    good use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************** (38.4)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************** (18.5)
    limited use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************* (21.9)
    limited use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************************************** (41.3)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************** (20.9)
    limited use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************************** *** (53.4)
    excellent use

    Fi>Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fe>Ni>Se

    RECENT:

    extraverted Sensing (Se) ***** (5.7)
    unused
    introverted Sensing (Si) ***************************************** (41.1)
    excellent use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) **************************************** (40.2)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************ (12.2)
    unused
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************** (22.6)
    limited use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************************************** (47.9)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************** (23.7)
    limited use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************************** (47)
    excellent use

    Ti=Fi>Ne=Si>Fe=Te>Ni>Se

    MORE RECENT:

    extraverted Sensing (Se) ********* (9.2)
    unused
    introverted Sensing (Si) *************************************** (39.4)
    excellent use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************* (37.6)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************** (22.6)
    limited use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) *********** (11.8)
    unused
    introverted Thinking (Ti) *************************************** (39.5)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************************** (32.2)
    good use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************************** (47.3)
    excellent use

    Fi>Ti>Si=Ne>Fe>Ni>Te>Se

    MOST RECENT:

    extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************* (19.4)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ************************************************** ** (52.7)
    excellent use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************* (25.4)
    average use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ***************** (17.9)
    limited use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************* (21)
    limited use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************************** (35.4)
    good use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************************** (29.6)
    average use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************** (38.4)
    excellent use

    Si>Fi>Ti>Fe>Ne>Te>Se>Ni

    As you can see, it's really only the last one that's significantly different.

    The Ti/Fi variance can be explained by shifts in my own perception and bias. The first time, I was certain that I was INFP, so Fi came out on top by a long shot. The second time was while I was typed as INTP, so I was biased toward Ti. Then the third time I was back to INFP, but this time less certain about the T/F dichotomy.

    But which interests from my profile indicate INFP? Because if it's philosophy and art, those are ones I should probably remove since I don't actually pursue those interests.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    My scores are generally consistent when they come from the same test. The results I showed you indicate that the tests are inconsistent with each other, which may mean one is accurate and the other inaccurate, or they may both be inaccurate.

    Fortunately, I've saved a lot of my previous results. These are all from the keys2cognition test:

    FIRST RESULTS:

    extraverted Sensing (Se) ************** (14.3)
    unused
    introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************* (31.3)
    good use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************** (38.4)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************** (18.5)
    limited use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************* (21.9)
    limited use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************************************** (41.3)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************** (20.9)
    limited use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************************** *** (53.4)
    excellent use

    Fi>Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fe>Ni>Se

    RECENT:

    extraverted Sensing (Se) ***** (5.7)
    unused
    introverted Sensing (Si) ***************************************** (41.1)
    excellent use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) **************************************** (40.2)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************ (12.2)
    unused
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************** (22.6)
    limited use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************************************** (47.9)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************** (23.7)
    limited use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************************** (47)
    excellent use

    Ti=Fi>Ne=Si>Fe=Te>Ni>Se

    MORE RECENT:

    extraverted Sensing (Se) ********* (9.2)
    unused
    introverted Sensing (Si) *************************************** (39.4)
    excellent use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************* (37.6)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************** (22.6)
    limited use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) *********** (11.8)
    unused
    introverted Thinking (Ti) *************************************** (39.5)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************************** (32.2)
    good use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************************** (47.3)
    excellent use

    Fi>Ti>Si=Ne>Fe>Ni>Te>Se

    MOST RECENT:

    extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************* (19.4)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ************************************************** ** (52.7)
    excellent use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************* (25.4)
    average use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ***************** (17.9)
    limited use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************* (21)
    limited use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************************** (35.4)
    good use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************************** (29.6)
    average use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************** (38.4)
    excellent use

    Si>Fi>Ti>Fe>Ne>Te>Se>Ni

    As you can see, it's really only the last one that's significantly different.

    The Ti/Fi variance can be explained by shifts in my own perception and bias. The first time, I was certain that I was INFP, so Fi came out on top by a long shot. The second time was while I was typed as INTP, so I was biased toward Ti. Then the third time I was back to INFP, but this time less certain about the T/F dichotomy.

    But which interests from my profile indicate INFP? Because if it's philosophy and art, those are ones I should probably remove since I don't actually pursue those interests.
    Both INTP and INFP can drift toward philosophy. But Languages is the most telling category for the INFP.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Similar Threads

  1. Type me again
    By Clegane in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 02-20-2017, 06:02 AM
  2. Help type me AGAIN.
    By Melodrama in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-25-2016, 11:05 AM
  3. Type me, again
    By _Jack_ in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-19-2016, 01:44 PM
  4. Type me again?
    By Jet Stream in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-03-2015, 03:24 PM
  5. type me, again, por favor!!
    By kanye west in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2012, 06:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO