First 891011 Last

Thread: Type Me Again

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

You're saying things like 'I do a sort of "planned procrastination", where I have an idea of when I'm going to do something (which is usually at the second-to-last minute so I have extra time just in case). I don't like to have an exact time of when I'm going to do something, because I would rather have some flexibility so I can do it when I feel like it.' This is just over-analysis by picking up on one tiny trait out of dozens.

People I've spent time with in my past have made a strong impression on me, and to me you're "Gerri." We didn't talk together that much, but I was into typology even back then and made notes about everything and everybody. One of Gerri's funny quirks was that it was impossible to get her to react against or to fight against anything, anything at all. She was that mellow. One day she said her therapist even put a pillow over her face in order to try and suffocate a reaction of out of her. But all she did was lie there and take it.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    You're saying things like 'I do a sort of "planned procrastination", where I have an idea of when I'm going to do something (which is usually at the second-to-last minute so I have extra time just in case). I don't like to have an exact time of when I'm going to do something, because I would rather have some flexibility so I can do it when I feel like it.' This is just over-analysis by picking up on one tiny trait out of dozens.

People I've spent time with in my past have made a strong impression on me, and to me you're "Gerri." We didn't talk together that much, but I was into typology even back then and made notes about everything and everybody. One of Gerri's funny quirks was that it was impossible to get her to react against or to fight against anything, anything at all. She was that mellow. One day she said her therapist even put a pillow over her face in order to try and suffocate a reaction of out of her. But all she did was lie there and take it.
    I'm not that mellow. I prefer to avoid unnecessary conflict, but there are certainly situations where I would react angrily. It's just that that's my last resort. In my experience, anger doesn't do anyone any good.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    I'm not that mellow. I prefer to avoid unnecessary conflict, but there are certainly situations where I would react angrily. It's just that that's my last resort. In my experience, anger doesn't do anyone any good.
    Oh good, I was afraid you were going to say "I'm not like that, therefore I'm not a 9."

I certainly hope you're not that much like Gerri, because she spent some time in a psych ward.

Enneagram
    5w4

I don't really have cultural traditions, other than holidays. I also wasn't raised into any religion, and English was never my favorite language. And I don't really know much of my family history either, so I guess the answer is 'no'.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, guys, but isn't having a sense of history or finding some (nostalgic) value in culture/traditions the domain of Si? I know that as a Si-tertiary, I find comfort, identity and even pride in the things I mentioned...as though I'm part of a long line of something.
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzy View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, guys, but isn't having a sense of history or finding some (nostalgic) value in culture/traditions the domain of Si? I know that as a Si-tertiary, I find comfort, identity and even pride in the things I mentioned...as though I'm part of a long line of something.
    I'm Si tertiary and I don't find comfort etc. in being part of a long line of something.

Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I'm Si tertiary and I don't find comfort etc. in being part of a long line of something.
    Comfort and a sense of self in family traditions.
    Some sort of pride and identity in being part of a long line of something.
    Well, I do. (My favourite occasion out of the year is Chinese New Year).
    I'm the family historian.
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzy View Post
    Comfort and a sense of self in family traditions.
    Some sort of pride and identity in being part of a long line of something.
    Well, I do. (My favourite occasion out of the year is Chinese New Year).
    I'm the family historian.
    Tertiaries are usually negative, but maybe not always. I can't identify with any aspect of Si that doesn't bother you in some way.

Si - I find comfort in the familiar, and often even prefer the familiar to trying new things
    Ni - I hold many perspectives in my mind at the same time without committing to any one perspective

I relate strongly to both, but I find it hard to imagine that only Si users like the familiar and only Ni users consider multiple perspectives. That's why this is impossible to figure out. I can only find details that may or may not indicate a preference for a particular function.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Si - I find comfort in the familiar, and often even prefer the familiar to trying new things
    Ni - I hold many perspectives in my mind at the same time without committing to any one perspective

I relate strongly to both, but I find it hard to imagine that only Si users like the familiar and only Ni users consider multiple perspectives. That's why this is impossible to figure out. I can only find details that may or may not indicate a preference for a particular function.
    Type 9 correlates well with Si. Type 4 correlates well with Ni.

But it's easy to get confused when you're talking about functions vs. mbti types, because your preferred function doesn't have to match your MBTI. People think the two systems are alike, but they're not. They don't even have the same theory of extraversion/introversion. The MBTI is just something thrown together that sounds really nice in theory.

I think my current function order should be something like Fi>Si>Ni>Te. Is it possible for Si to replace Se or Ni to replace Ne?