User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8

  1. #1
    Member Spaceskye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Posts
    53

    Default Help typing my confusing sister?

    Hi, (just joined :P) so I've been quietly studying MBTI for a while... and neither me, or my mother (INFP) can figure out my sister, who is 9 years old. The closest we can get is ENTP, but she she isn't one, I have a best friend who's an ENTP and I know her very well, and I don't think she is very much her. My sister is extroverted, intuitive, and perceiving. But I'm still stuck on the thinking/feeling. My mom says she's thinking, but I beg to differ... She takes things very personally, (I like to joke, and she takes it very personally.) But it does seem that she focuses more on the issues then the people when she's faced with a problem. Is there a type that can be sensitive to criticism? Oh and ENTP's love to argue. She does argue a lot with my mom, but get's very emotional...
    any ideas? I can provide more details if asked.

  2. #2
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Too young to tell- and probably detrimental to her at this point to try and label her. Let her be free of that and give her a few more years.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  3. #3
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    oh, and excuse me, skipped all the niceties- pleasure to meet you and welcome.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  4. #4
    Member Spaceskye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Posts
    53

    Default

    haha, thanks for the welcome, and I may have to just watch her grow up until I see a strong preferences.

  5. #5
    insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    T doesn't mean you're immune to criticism. Some Ts can be extremely sensitive (watch for them on the forum, haha).

    Very very roughly, T will be more concerned about facts whereas F will be more concerned about the values involved (If she's ENFP, it'd be Fi - personal values. If she's ENTP she'd be, in theory, more concerned about Fe- the values of other people involved).

    And yeah, typing kids is hard/inaccurate, as you've found out. They're not really humans yet, really.
    -end of thread-

  6. #6
    Member Spaceskye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    T doesn't mean you're immune to criticism. Some Ts can be extremely sensitive (watch for them on the forum, haha).
    Aha, I see. In all the articles I've read all the T's seem to not take criticism personally. But hm some can be sensitive.

    And now I'm thinking back to when my best friend and I would play together when we were her age, and now I can see her as an ENTP more clearly My sister and I conflict a lot but I guess that's just because we're siblings, lol.

  7. #7
    A window to the soul
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceskye View Post
    Hi, (just joined :P) so I've been quietly studying MBTI for a while... and neither me, or my mother (INFP) can figure out my sister, who is 9 years old. The closest we can get is ENTP, but she she isn't one, I have a best friend who's an ENTP and I know her very well, and I don't think she is very much her. My sister is extroverted, intuitive, and perceiving. But I'm still stuck on the thinking/feeling. My mom says she's thinking, but I beg to differ... She takes things very personally, (I like to joke, and she takes it very personally.) But it does seem that she focuses more on the issues then the people when she's faced with a problem. Is there a type that can be sensitive to criticism? Oh and ENTP's love to argue. She does argue a lot with my mom, but get's very emotional...
    any ideas? I can provide more details if asked.
    I guess xNFJ. My ENFJ sister will argue too; such as, when she deems something is unfair. I was not very emotional, as far as being sad or hurt; I would get frustrated and mad in a fairly controlled manner; for instance, controlled long enough to throw a huge rubber tarantula over the shower curtain when she was taking a shower. I hate it that she screamed and I got belt spanked for that! Thus, I only did it once before my tarantula got confiscated. Good times.

    The NFJ's in my family will get their feelings hurt by my jokes; including my Mom and their eyes will even tear up sometimes. I'm surprised by that. It's taught me to be more considerate.

    To drive my point home about not being emotional, when I was the age of your sister, I remember my Mom sharing the wild stuff I did with family during holiday parties. All of my aunts, uncles, and grandparents would look shocked, then burst out laughing like it was the most hilarious thing they'd ever heard. I was far from hurt; rather, I would feel tense and cringe up, but you'd never know it, I would hide it as hard as I could with a great big ol smile. There was something seriously disturbing about hearing my actions told like a story with slight variations that weren't completely true and seeing the room in hysteria over it, gah. The facts were skewed. If you're going to talk about me, at least get the story right!

  8. #8
    Member Spaceskye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    I guess xNFJ. My ENFJ sister will argue too; such as, when she deems something is unfair. I was not very emotional, as far as being sad or hurt; I would get frustrated and mad in a fairly controlled manner; for instance, controlled long enough to throw a huge rubber tarantula over the shower curtain when she was taking a shower. I hate it that she screamed and I got belt spanked for that! Thus, I only did it once before my tarantula got confiscated. Good times.

    The NFJ's in my family will get their feelings hurt by my jokes; including my Mom and their eyes will even tear up sometimes. I'm surprised by that. It's taught me to be more considerate.

    To drive my point home about not being emotional, when I was the age of your sister, I remember my Mom sharing the wild stuff I did with family during holiday parties. All of my aunts, uncles, and grandparents would look shocked, then burst out laughing like it was the most hilarious thing they'd ever heard. I was far from hurt; rather, I would feel tense and cringe up, but you'd never know it, I would hide it as hard as I could with a great big ol smile. There was something seriously disturbing about hearing my actions told like a story with slight variations that weren't completely true and seeing the room in hysteria over it, gah. The facts were skewed. If you're going to talk about me, at least get the story right!
    aha this gives me more of an insight, thank you

Similar Threads

  1. Need help typing my sister
    By DerekEvans01 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-04-2014, 06:59 AM
  2. Help Me Type My Confusing Wife!
    By Mal12345 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 05-08-2014, 07:55 PM
  3. Need help typing my lady friend!
    By JocktheMotie in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 04:31 PM
  4. Please help type my brother!
    By milti girl in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-10-2008, 04:19 AM
  5. GUYS, I need help typing my manfriend!
    By Hotherym in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 06-12-2008, 11:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO