User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

i took it once a long time ago, but here are my results.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************* (19)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ******************** (20.9)
    limited use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************************* (45.6)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ***************************************** (41.4)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ********* (9.8)
    unused
    introverted Thinking (Ti) *************** (15.1)
    unused
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************ (36.5)
    excellent use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************************** * (51.5)
    excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP

Lead (Dominant) Process
    Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
    Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFP, or INFJ
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

Senior Member TenebrousReflection's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I've had many of those same thoughts from time to time where I wonder if I'm really an INFP or not, and the first time i found INFPgc and read posts there, I found what felt like an even mix of strongly relate, don't relate at all and kind of relate to them. This may or may not apply to your case, but it makes a lot of sense to me.

From - E Buie -> INFP Musings

INFP decisionmaking depends heavily on values. Not only are we Feeling types, but (like ISFPs) we have Introverted Feeling (Fi) as our dominant function. This can lead us to assume that other INFPs tend to value the same things as we ourselves do.

Observation: The things that different INFPs value can be quite different, and can even be in conflict.

People often join the INFP list with the (often unconscious) expectation that others there will share their values. To many of us, our list is the place we feel the most understood, and finding it has been like coming home. We feel it a safe place to express our values and talk about what's important to us. Sometimes, though, what's important to one person bumps up against what's important to someone else. This can feel like quite a shock. Sometimes it even feels like a personal affront.

Conclusion: It's not the values themselves that INFPs share, it's the fact that we operate on values.

INFPs may be liberal, conservative, or in the middle. We may be religious, spiritual but nonreligious, or atheist. We may be fiercely individualist or firmly collectivist. We "run the gamut" on every issue (if you'll pardon the clich&#233. It may take some work to understand fellow INFPs whose values differ greatly from our own, but we tend to agree that it's worth the effort.
    I think becase so much is internalized, INFPs don't stand out as looking a specific way, and if we do look a specific way, its likely to a be a false reading as we are either adapting to a situation/environment and using fucntions appropriate to it, or among others, I know I can take on traits of others without thinking about it. I'm not sure if empathy is the right word for that, but I think it may be common to all NFs, but I'm not sure if its somethign SFs do. If I'm with INTx friends, I'll act a lot more like them and adjust to their interaction style without thinking about it, and when I'm with an associate that I beleive to be an ENFP, that enthusiastic, friendly cheerful carefree attitude quickly rubs off on me as well.

FWIW - In all the posts I've read of yours, I've never found myself questioning your type or thinking "I'd never say/think something like that", but then again, we don't have a lot of ISFPs here to compare ourselves to (I can only think of one and I have not read enough posts from her to clearly see INFP/ISFP differences).
    Last edited by TenebrousReflection; 04-15-2008 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Error in posting, not all of it posted, have to re-write.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

i can say that i definitely operate on values, but i thought that was really just Fi, don't ISFP s operate on values too?
    INFP 4w5
    facebook

Senior Member TenebrousReflection's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    i can say that i definitely operate on values, but i thought that was really just Fi, don't ISFP s operate on values too?
    Yes, my original comments on that part of it got cut off on my first posting, so I had to re-write part of that post that covered that thought. I don't know enough about ISFPs to clearly know how they are different than INFPs, but the intent of that was to show that because of the values thing one INFP can look very different than another INFP. Due to the lack of ISFPs here, its really hard for me to say if I'd get that "I'm not like them" feeling from being around them or reading their posts, or if I'd get that "we have a lot in common feeling" from them. I think of ISFPs as the sort that can goto an art gallery and actually appreciate the nuances of different painters, or listen to two similar pieces of music and point out whats distinct about each and why its important to them whereas I'm more likely to ignore the specific details and just dwell on how it makes me feel and why (things like, does it remind me of ____, does it convey mental imagery beyond its aesthetic form). I don't know if those make good points for a distinction, or if I'm even way off base on it (someone please feel free to correct me if I'm talking BS here )

heart on fire

What makes you think you lean more towards ISFP than INFP, Scantily? Knowing that might help the discussion. Your cognitive function test shows limited use of Se, so that and with how obviously Fi you are from your posts, makes you seem INFP to me.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    What makes you think you lean more towards ISFP than INFP, Scantily? Knowing that might help the discussion. Your cognitive function test shows limited use of Se, so that and with how obviously Fi you are from your posts, makes you seem INFP to me.

I don't think i lean toward ISFP, i was just thinking that if i am of a different type, it has to be one with dominant Fi. I guess i am an INFP, my sensing functions do seem to be quite limited. I guess i'll settle with INFP.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook

MBTI
    INTJ

I think you are adapting because your boyfriend is an INTJ. You're filling up the spaces in the relationship, and building on the functions that he lacks.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I think you are adapting because your boyfriend is an INTJ. You're filling up the spaces in the relationship, and building on the functions that he lacks.

ya know, i've been sort of noticing this lately, so i'm glad you brought it up, this could be very likely!
    INFP 4w5
    facebook