User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9

  1. #1
    Member Black Hole Sun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    87

    Default I thought I knew my tritype, guess not..Help?!

    Okay I was confused for a while about everything in enneagram and the MBTI world, but I think I made some type progress, anyway I believe I'm a INFJ, a lot of it matches me as for my enneagram type I thought I could be a 4-6-9, or 4-5-9, so let me explain a part of me and maybe you could get something from that.

    I never felt so complex as a child, but I always felt different. While everyone was experimenting with drugs and what not in high school, I was playing games with my little sister. I always felt more mature then them, but very kidish at the same time. I never got wrap into the high school scene and finish as early as possible because to me it didn't live up to my ideal high school experience it was fake and annoying. Pretty much in the smack middle of the suburbs and the ghetto so you had the preppy click or the ghetto click. There were a few of what people called the outcast and those were the people I liked the best, they spoke normal and like the same things as me, they were the minority of the school.

    I've been called snobby or high class by people because I am unhappy were I live, I don't like "the streets" and I would love to live a nice suburban neighborhood and have a nice life, not having to work hard, but to me I never felt like I belonged there in that school and neighborhood and was very annoyed that I was cursed to be there. I feel like I was dropped into the wrong life. Same with my family they are all different from me, they speak differently their goals in life are different, they seem fine where they are in life and if I had they're life and where it seems to be going I would not be happy. I would be disappointed in myself. I have high standards I guess you can say, but I only tried putting them on myself and maybe my family when I was a child, as I got older I stopped and realized some people are just a that way.

    I am ranting, but I don't want lose you all so here are words to describe me.

    Dramatic
    Nostalgic
    Perfectionist
    Odd
    Goofy (When I am alone usually)
    Playful (When I am alone usually)
    Childish
    Mature
    Contradictory
    Really Emotional
    Logical
    Understanding
    Idealistic
    Aware
    Materialistic (Meaning I like nice things, but I think its because I don't ever get nice things)
    Passive

    What I am really confused about is what does all this sound like? I feel their so many sides of me. What I am sure of is I can get deep into my emotions and I get feelings from everything. I am scared of fighting of any kind and I wish my dreams were real, because there always way better then my reality.

    Types I've considered were 4w5 5w4 6w5 9w1 1w9 and maybe 4w3.

    I typed as a 4w5, 5w4, or 5w6, but I have no clue for the rest of my tritype.

    I think I may be a Sp/So because I never got anything different and it makes sense for me.

    So help please.

  2. #2
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,912

    Default

    Have you tried these?

    http://www.enneagram.net/tests/index.html

    Edit: The long version of the similarminds test was also pretty good. It came out wrong for me (said 8 instead of 6), but the top 3 are the numbers of my tri-type. Results were:
    8 - 56
    6 - 52
    3 - 47

    I'm 638 (though 683 is conceivably possible)

    So, if you take those two, you might get an idea.


    Also, a lot of these tests are crap. The ones above are the two best I could find.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  3. #3
    Senior Member Richardsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    IxFP
    Posts
    163

    Default

    You sound very 469 to me...
    Well at least what you wrote.
    I get a 1ish vibe too.
    461? 451?


    6w5(sw5w4) Sx/Sp
    INTP

    "Some people never go crazy... What truly horrible lives they must lead"- Charles Bukowski


  4. #4
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Hole Sun View Post
    Okay I was confused for a while about everything in enneagram and the MBTI world, but I think I made some type progress, anyway I believe I'm a INFJ, a lot of it matches me as for my enneagram type I thought I could be a 4-6-9, or 4-5-9, so let me explain a part of me and maybe you could get something from that.

    I never felt so complex as a child, but I always felt different. While everyone was experimenting with drugs and what not in high school, I was playing games with my little sister. I always felt more mature then them, but very kidish at the same time. I never got wrap into the high school scene and finish as early as possible because to me it didn't live up to my ideal high school experience it was fake and annoying. Pretty much in the smack middle of the suburbs and the ghetto so you had the preppy click or the ghetto click. There were a few of what people called the outcast and those were the people I liked the best, they spoke normal and like the same things as me, they were the minority of the school.

    I've been called snobby or high class by people because I am unhappy were I live, I don't like "the streets" and I would love to live a nice suburban neighborhood and have a nice life, not having to work hard, but to me I never felt like I belonged there in that school and neighborhood and was very annoyed that I was cursed to be there. I feel like I was dropped into the wrong life. Same with my family they are all different from me, they speak differently their goals in life are different, they seem fine where they are in life and if I had they're life and where it seems to be going I would not be happy. I would be disappointed in myself. I have high standards I guess you can say, but I only tried putting them on myself and maybe my family when I was a child, as I got older I stopped and realized some people are just a that way.

    I am ranting, but I don't want lose you all so here are words to describe me.

    Dramatic
    Nostalgic
    Perfectionist
    Odd
    Goofy (When I am alone usually)
    Playful (When I am alone usually)
    Childish
    Mature
    Contradictory
    Really Emotional
    Logical
    Understanding
    Idealistic
    Aware
    Materialistic (Meaning I like nice things, but I think its because I don't ever get nice things)
    Passive

    What I am really confused about is what does all this sound like? I feel their so many sides of me. What I am sure of is I can get deep into my emotions and I get feelings from everything. I am scared of fighting of any kind and I wish my dreams were real, because there always way better then my reality.

    Types I've considered were 4w5 5w4 6w5 9w1 1w9 and maybe 4w3.

    I typed as a 4w5, 5w4, or 5w6, but I have no clue for the rest of my tritype.

    I think I may be a Sp/So because I never got anything different and it makes sense for me.

    So help please.
    my best guess is

    4w3 Sp/Sx
    4-7-1

    which would make you almost the same type as Brian Griffin from Family Guy =P
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  5. #5
    Member Black Hole Sun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Have you tried these?

    http://www.enneagram.net/tests/index.html

    Edit: The long version of the similarminds test was also pretty good. It came out wrong for me (said 8 instead of 6), but the top 3 are the numbers of my tri-type. Results were:
    8 - 56
    6 - 52
    3 - 47

    I'm 638 (though 683 is conceivably possible)

    So, if you take those two, you might get an idea.


    Also, a lot of these tests are crap. The ones above are the two best I could find.
    I've taken these test before and I always get 4w5 or 5w4, this is the first time I've ever got 1-4-6 so this very interesting. So thank you for the help I appreciate it. Any more opinions are welcomed.


    Quote Originally Posted by Richardsen View Post
    You sound very 469 to me...
    Well at least what you wrote.
    I get a 1ish vibe too.
    461? 451?
    I've looked up these types and couldn't find much about them, but from what I did find I agree with both. I think maybe the one made me act like a 9? I don't know maybe you know of some links for description on these types.


    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    my best guess is

    4w3 Sp/Sx
    4-7-1

    which would make you almost the same type as Brian Griffin from Family Guy =P
    Hehe that is funny I can see some similarities, I don't know how being a 4w3 would because I am that way or learned to be that way. Thank you for your opinion I appreciate it.


    These are my scores...I don't know how much of these would be on my tritype because it's all kind of close.

    Type 1 Perfectionism 65%
    Type 2 Helpfulness 41%
    Type 3 Image Focus 48%
    Type 4 Hypersensitivity 61%
    Type 5 Detachment 57%
    Type 6 Anxiety 61%
    Type 7 Adventurousness 34%
    Type 8 Aggressiveness 25%
    Type 9 Calmness 54%

    Sp/So/Sx

    1 46 I must be perfect and good to be happy.
    4 43 I must be unique/different to be happy.
    6 43 I must be secure and safe to be happy.
    5 40 I must be knowledgable and independent to be happy.
    9 38 I must maintian a peaceful and easygoing environment to be happy.
    3 34 I must be impressive and attractive to be happy.
    2 29 I must be helpful and caring to be happy.
    7 24 I must be fun and entertained to be happy.
    8 18 I must be strong and in control to be happy.

    I can put more information if it helps...Thanks again.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Richardsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    IxFP
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Hole Sun View Post

    Type 1 Perfectionism 65%
    Type 2 Helpfulness 41%
    Type 3 Image Focus 48%
    Type 4 Hypersensitivity 61%
    Type 5 Detachment 57%
    Type 6 Anxiety 61%
    Type 7 Adventurousness 34%
    Type 8 Aggressiveness 25%
    Type 9 Calmness 54%

    Sp/So/Sx
    From what you wrote, and this scores, 461 fits very well with you.


    6w5(sw5w4) Sx/Sp
    INTP

    "Some people never go crazy... What truly horrible lives they must lead"- Charles Bukowski


  7. #7
    Member Black Hole Sun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richardsen View Post
    From what you wrote, and this scores, 461 fits very well with you.
    Okay thank you, I'm going to add more things about aspects of me just in case this that OP just sounded like that type.

    I moved to a four year university far from my home because I felt like I needed too, I wanted a stereotypical "college" experience because my life has not been normal and I was sick of it. I was sick of the people and place. I needed to find me because I felt lost, I guess that is perfectionist in me. I didn't have a stereotypical "college" experience because I realize that was dumb of me and I didn't really want that in the long run. I did find out a lot about me, so I enjoy that very much so. I typically try to change my life to make it suit my ideals in what I want. I try to have revelations where I get all the answers and sometimes it works and I figure things out. Other times I screw myself into dumbness and bad things happen, and things get worst.

    I've always had these brief moments where I strive to get what I want, but I am way to lazy of a person honestly and I really don't want to do anything. I want to relax alone, listen to music take pictures of the world and maybe hangout with close friends. I know I am lucky to have school as an option, but I hate it and wish I had a trust fund that lasts me my whole life. I am not a go getter by any means, I don't really enjoy doing stuff in the world like working. I want to enjoy life, but in my way.

    I do not do conflict well and would rather just go with what you say, as long as it doesn't harm my being in any way. That being said I am not afraid to have a conflict with family, if they annoy me, then I am not afraid to conflict with them. Other people it has to build up then and only then can I just explode and I never want to talk about again unless it hurt my feelings that bad.

    I find myself always talking about how I am, which makes me sounds like people don't know me well enough, I think I just do that for they can get the gist of me without getting too deep about personal stuff. Feelings do over take me randomly, I deal with them alone and try to evaluate them, the reason behind it and sometimes try to figure out the why I feel that way. When alone I act like a kid jumping around and doing random things, with someone I am comfortable with I recently realize I am not as down as I convince myself to be, I tend to talk and do random things, but I don't think I'm as kiddy. I delve into philosophical topics or try to get to know them better than I already do.

    I take things as signs and when things get too much I just throw it into the air and figure I'll find a solution for it. Also I start believing things that do not logically make sense to me, so it can be religion (for me it doesn't logically make sense not trying offend.) or pop psychology like "the secret" and even karma all the while thinking up solutions.

    Oh I and I like to be independent, on my own and not having to ask for things that is a pretty big part of me.

    Sorry there is a lot here, but I'm trying find my type and have to make sure there is evidence lol.

    Thank you all for your help.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    4w5 > 9w8 sp/sx is completely defenite. Head triad is still a little iffy though, but you seem to be 5 as opposed to 6; "Oh I and I like to be independent, on my own and not having to ask for things that is a pretty big part of me." this indicates a 5 fix, possibly 5w6.

    So overall 4w5 > 9w8 > 5w6 sp/sx should be mostly likely. Although more information concerning your possible head triad would be helpful to the endeavor of discovering your tri-type

  9. #9
    Member Black Hole Sun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    4w5 > 9w8 sp/sx is completely defenite. Head triad is still a little iffy though, but you seem to be 5 as opposed to 6; "Oh I and I like to be independent, on my own and not having to ask for things that is a pretty big part of me." this indicates a 5 fix, possibly 5w6.

    So overall 4w5 > 9w8 > 5w6 sp/sx should be mostly likely. Although more information concerning your possible head triad would be helpful to the endeavor of discovering your tri-type
    Oh thank you! never thought of 9w8

    What kind of things would help you understand my head triad?

    I don't want to rambling on again.

Similar Threads

  1. Guess My Type Based On My Tritype
    By molls in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-14-2017, 02:36 PM
  2. i thought i knew my type but...
    By melisanddre in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-14-2015, 01:25 AM
  3. [Tri] I need help with my tritype.
    By accualiizdolan in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-07-2014, 06:00 AM
  4. I know my tritype but not the order
    By badger055 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-16-2013, 08:18 AM
  5. [Tri] I think my tritype is 954.
    By Fluffywolf in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-16-2012, 09:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO