• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI; Enneagram Ideal Relationships/ Compatibility

GYRODUDE

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
What types do you think are a superb match and what types do you perceive to most likely clash?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
SPs and SPs
SJs and SJs
NFs and NTs

That's what Helen Fisher says anyway. Easier compatibility.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Let's see . . .

INFP 2w3 > 6w7 > 1w2 sx/so IEI + ENFP 2w3 > 6w7 > 1w2 sx/so SLE = EPIC WIN

ENTJ pr6w5 > 1w9 > 4w5 sp/so LIE + ISFP 2w1 > 7w8 > f9w8 sx/so ESI = TERRIBLE FAILURE

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Let's see . . .

INFP 2w3 > 6w7 > 1w2 sx/so IEI + ENFP 2w3 > 6w7 > 1w2 sx/so SLE = EPIC WIN

ENTJ pr6w5 > 1w9 > 4w5 sp/so LIE + ISFP 2w1 > 7w8 > f9w8 sx/so ESI = TERRIBLE FAILURE

lol damn, how can you get so specific?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
lol damn, how can you get so specific?

It's quite easily actually :D

For the first one both INFP and ENFP share similar function usage which increases the lieklyhood of compatibility. Both are sx and thus primarily focused on each other in their relationship; both possess an outward display of affection (2w3), a devoted sense of loyalty and excitment (6w7), and an ideal sense of perfection(1w2); all of which is focused on the signifigant other (sx). I also chose so second because it seemed to me, that sx/so is much more lively and passionate as opposed to sx/sp, so it probably works better in the favor of the two types. Also, IEI's dual is SLE in socionics; both compliment each other in different function that they admire in the other, which makes the dreamy and kind IEI an excellent match for the assertive and logical SLE.

Now as for the second, I choose complete opposite types because even though they use the same functions, the opposite order of them would create a clach, espeically considering that a Te dom pr6 would be heavily dependent on a set of rules to guise them while the Fi dom 2 would judge most things according to personal empathy. This would also tie in whith ENTJ's Ni of how things should be and anticipating the future opposing ISFP's Se of living in the moment and embracing things as they are. The ENTJ would also be very rigid and ordely (1w9) as well as wallowing in their own private emotions and being concerned with their unique being (4w5), where as the ISFP would be focused on having wild fun and thrills (7w8) as well as peaceful and fast living (f9w8). The ENTJ being sp/so would be far more practical and down to earth in real life affiar as opposed to the sx/so ISFP, who would be far more lively and concerned with realtions to people as opposed to life affair of sp. Also, LIE and ESI are complete opposites in socionics, and thus are an awful match when paired together.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The couples that I know that work best are all IJ pairs.

INTJ 5w6 and ISFJ 2w1 (They understand each other's need for space and "do their own thing" she's very social- she's my closest friend actually, they have five kids. She manages them like a dynamo. He's like this super intellectual kind of cutting/ fearsome personality, but takes care of all the financial business- it's all stereotypical gender roles, (my worst nightmare) but it runs amazingly well.

And her sister, (my other closest friend) ISTJ 8w9 with an IJ of unknown enneagram. (He's very quiet.) They love eachother due to this mutual quiet understanding/ mental language that they speak. (IJ's together fascinate me.)

And highschool friend ISFJ 1w9(?) With INxJ. Similar reasons.

One non-IJ lesbian pair that seems to do well:
Close friend ENFP (7w6?) with IxTJ unknown enneagram (maybe 6w5.) She travels all over the world writing this amazing blog and is overall a big experiencing expanding knowledgeable silly people person. The IxTJ does a big media job working all over the country and is very protective, fierce, loyal, discriminating- (I almost even said fiery but need to stay away from Elfboy terms). Sometimes they travel together, sometimes they are home, sometimes they are separate, but they love each other through all of it.

WORST couple.

ESFJ 3w2 needy drama queen with ESFP 7w6 cheating whore! :laugh: (They dressed up as Sam and Ronnie for Halloween- needless to say I don't associate with those two anymore...)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
matches from hell
change N/S and T/F
SFJ/NTJ
STJ/NFJ
SFP/NTP
STP/NFP

on average I think Fe/Ti users work best together and Fi/Te user work best together.

enneagram best fits
1: 2, 3, 5, 6, 9
2: 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 9
3: 1, 2, 3, 9
4: 5, 6, 7, 8 , 9
5: 4, 5, 6, 9
6: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 9
7: 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9
8: 4, 7, 9
9: everything except another 9

MBTI Type
INFP
Part 1

In my opinion:

INFP 9w1 and ENFJ 9w8 (both would reinforce the other's faults and exhibit a calming nature about them, albeit the ENFJ 9w8 would affirm the INFP with even-tempered self-assurance and decisiveness, whereas the 9w1 INFP would soothe the ENFJ through darkened moods and nurture them with patience and understanding).

INFJ 4w5 and ENFP 4w3 (both would cater to the other's artistic inclinations and encourage the surfacing of their creativity, while fully embracing one another's quirks and faults and appreciating the sensitivity and emotional aspects of their partner and relationship. Whereas INFJ 4w5 tends to dwell excessively within abstract thoughts and tends to analyze emotions and situations on excess, while somehow restraining parts of themselves from others, ENFPs tend to motivate others to embrace their individuality and "think outside the box", coaxing even the most inhibited of people from their shells).

INFJ 1w2 and ENFJ 2w1 (both exhibit a similar sequence of functions as idealistic judgers, and with their enneagram sub-types, may display certain humanitarian tendencies and visions that propel them to want to inspire and influence the lives of others, which would place them on a common wavelength when possessing a mutual passion for altruism and impacting the world around them. Whereas ENFJ 2w1 would perfectly epitomize the teacher archetype, INFJ 1w2 would be the classic protector with a complex inner vision and desire to support the underdog and oppressed).

ISFJ 2w1 and ESFJ 1w2 (similarly the match described above, ISFJ 2w1 wants to be of service and cater to wants and expectations of others, whereas ESFJ 1w2 enjoys guiding and organizing those around them harmoniously, albeit with a slightly more imposing, assertive edge that would put the ISFJs desire for security at ease. Both may also be loving types who may desire to nurture their partners with intimacy and affection).

ISFP 6w7 and ESFP 7w6 or 7w8 (both are sensual types whom savor the present moment and possess a down-to-earth, relatively mellow perception of their worlds. Whereas ESFP 7 is motivated by fun and quality experience in the present moment, ISFP 6w7 is easygoing and unassuming, yet may possess a restrained desire for adventure, outer stimuli and experience).

ISFJ 6w7 and ENFJ 2w3 (both enjoy catering to the needs and pleasures of others, as well as those of their potential partner, so whereas ISFJ 6w7 would lovingly devote themselves to the happiness and well-being of their partner, ENFJ 2w3 would nurture them with kindness and affection, offering the ISFJ the reassurance and security they so often desire).

ISFJ 6w5 and ESTJ 8w9 (ISFJ 6w5 seeks peace, stability, and security among all else, whereas ESTJ 8w9 is a relatively masculine type whom desires to protect and ensure the well-being being of those around them, perhaps at times to a fault. The firmness and assertiveness of ESTJ 8w9 also offers the needed balance and structure the ISFJ seeks).

INFJ 1w9 and ENTP 3w4 (I'd imagine both types would bounce ideas off of one another and cater to the other's intellectual sides with their tendencies to occasionally detach and theorize over things analytically).