(This is copied and pasted from Personality Cafe)
I took the official Personality Cafe quiz and got ENTP, with borderline E, N, and P. I wonder if this message board can help me to finally decide on my type.
Brief background of myself:
I am very new to this MBTI. I took an interest in MBTI by out of sheer.. interest about a week ago. I received ISTP from MyPersonality.info as my very first time, read the description and was satisfied with it. I then tried to find ways to apply my type through career-deciding, relationships, and such. As I read more about ISTP by visiting more "professional" sites such as TypeLogic and PersonalityPage, I began to doubt myself being ISTP as they are very hands-oriented and not very "NT", which what I got for the next tests (including from Keirsey).
How I Prefer to Think / to process information:
I make decisions mostly based on logic, with people occasionally gently thrown in there . When I'm faced with a question or a problem, I try to find ways to find the solution in the most minimal / optimal amount of effort, simplicity and minimality at their best--no need for extra information. If I feel like throwing in more information to my answer, then I won't hesitate to share. Sometimes after I give my solution, I think about my solution and try to see if there is any flaw or a piece of information that I'd shared incorrectly. I would either pat myself on the back or hate myself for a couple minutes then move on.
Meeting people / Socializing / Form of Communication:
First thing that comes to my mind is people frequently accusing me of being blunt / mean / harsh / rebellious / even cocky. To most people who are not close to me, they may see me as sort of a free-willed, don't-give-a-shit type of guy with a very small touch of arrogance and greed. But I move very carefully, making each move count and thinking of possibilities of how a decision that I make can affect within and without myself. Basically my life is like a game of a giant version of tic-tac-toe. I care about how I look and I want to know how others think of me. When I talk with people, I always sort of turn on my advanced scanner mode and "scan" people and analyze them and their attributes such as behavior, looks, etc. I disguise myself with the "playful" type to get to know people and to let them feel comfortable talking to me while keeping everything under control. I talk abstractly, though I'm willing to talk concretely if the person seems to prefer concrete conversation.
I guess I am fairly open-minded, yet utilitarian, meaning, out of any situation - good or bad - I try to get the most out of it. I'm not sure how to explain this, but it's kinda similar to drinking soda. It can be bad for you, but if you're like me, you will drink it thinking it will give you a short amount of energy boost that you'll need for a next hour.
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I can be all over the place. I can be more S than my N friends, vice versa. Same goes for other functions.
2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I would like to dominate the business world in the future, with particular focus in digital entertainment such as computer video games development and "publishment."
3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
When I had my ex-girlfriend by my side all the time, making a show of it to make my friends jealous... or when I get a new, innovative (insert noun here), such as a massive epic computer upgrade or even the awesome Steam games sales during holiday seasons. There were also times I felt the finest when I accomplished something that only a few can do. To sum it up, my finest moments are me being a pirate finding loads of booty and sharing my success with the world... and donate some to people.
4) What makes you feel inferior?
I never accept myself as inferior.
5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
Pro-cons and how I feel about it.
6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
My emphasis is leading others, though it doesn't really come naturally. I like to have control of my squad and our outcome.
7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Just relaxing with my closest friends for the whole day.
8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
Depends on what I'm learning, exactly. I would first learn hands on if possible, then theorize if desired.
9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
I try to follow daily schedules; do my bed every day; clean my room every week; and follow my long-term goal of graduating and making bucks.
10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
Usually speak before thinking; one-on-one communication.
13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I like to know about it before enacting action.
14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I don't have a favorite show, but I have favorite computer games. I will gladly go with my friends.
15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I hate this question because I can't think of an answer....hmm... I'm not sure, maybe show anger and hostility towards people?
16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
People who don't follow the rules such as NO TALKING IN THIS SECTION OF LIBRARY. And people who stick to rules as if they're their gods.
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Talking about their personal lives and what they do.. basically everything about a person is of interest to me.
18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
They perceive me as a rebellious being.
20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Competitive gaming, team sports, software development, reading for gain, etc.