User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8

  1. #1
    Senior Member Wanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    160

    Default Can't figure out what I am - halp?

    So, I took the enneagram test.. and I got the following results.

    Type 1 •••
    Type 2 •••••
    Type 3 ••
    Type 4 ••••••
    Type 5 •••••
    Type 6 ••••••
    Type 7 ••
    Type 8 •••
    Type 9 ••••

    I read the descriptions for Type 6 and Type 4, and I honestly have quite a few (if not all >.>) of the elements of both. I know I'm a 5 wing for sure - that seems clear to me, just from how I am personally - I just don't know which of those is primary . Is it possible to have two dominant types? Could I *be* a [4/6] Wing 5?

  2. #2
    Senior Member VagrantFarce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    They're pretty different types, it's tough to be both at once. The one trait they share is that both are fairly volatile when stressed.

    • 6s are part of the head triad, which means that they are driven by an overactive mind.
    • 4s are part of the heart triad, which means that they are driven by an over-inflated self-image.


    • 6s are anxious and security-focused - their overactive minds create hidden dangers for them to watch out for, which causes them to seek a sense of security and loyalty.
    • 4s are focused on adopting and expressing romantic feelings, in order to heighten their own emotional states - they may see themselves as tragic, flawed characters in order to feel special.


    Also, why aren't you just a 5?
    Hello

  3. #3
    Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    They're pretty different types, it's tough to be both at once. The one trait they share is that both are fairly volatile when stressed.

    • 6s are part of the head triad, which means that they are driven by an overactive mind.
    • 4s are part of the heart triad, which means that they are driven by an over-inflated self-image.


    • 6s are anxious and security-focused - their overactive minds create hidden dangers for them to watch out for, which causes them to seek a sense of security and loyalty.
    • 4s are focused on adopting and expressing romantic feelings, in order to heighten their own emotional states - they may see themselves as tragic, flawed characters in order to feel special.


    Also, why aren't you just a 5?
    The above is very good. I think 6s are more likely to doubt and question their type, though, obviously. Join the dark side!

    If it seems like a choice between 4 and 6: do you feel more focused on your individuality, on the integrity and intensity of your own emotions and their romanticism (4)? Or is it more like racing thoughts triggering emotions, a sense of insecurity and wanting to find something/someone steady to ground yourself on? (6 - that's me!)

    You don't come across as a 5 to me particularly. But then, I'm no expert. However, I wonder if you could be getting high 5 scores partly because (as you told me) you tend IRL to come across more INTJ than INFJ, partly because of the difficulties posed for INFJ males by society.

    I wondered at first if I were 4, but I realised quickly that this was almost purely because this was how I was "expected" to be, as an INFJ. For me it came down to a choice between 6 and 9.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx


    I DOORSLAMMING

  4. #4
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    a 4 will be more concerned with authenticity, individuality, and differentiation. to me (6), those two things seem like a moot point because i figure i am always authentic and individual, since i am always myself. a 6 will be more concerned about seeking protection and security from threats - in my case i shy painfully far from criticism. 4s also tend to be "darker" in a more emotional, intrapersonal way - they'll readily plumb the depths of negative emotion, whereas 6s tend to be "darker" in a more practical, gritty way - we're unlikely to romanticize situations and tend to point out potential trouble areas before they even become problems.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Wanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    They're pretty different types, it's tough to be both at once. The one trait they share is that both are fairly volatile when stressed.

    • 6s are part of the head triad, which means that they are driven by an overactive mind.
    • 4s are part of the heart triad, which means that they are driven by an over-inflated self-image.


    • 6s are anxious and security-focused - their overactive minds create hidden dangers for them to watch out for, which causes them to seek a sense of security and loyalty.
    • 4s are focused on adopting and expressing romantic feelings, in order to heighten their own emotional states - they may see themselves as tragic, flawed characters in order to feel special.


    Also, why aren't you just a 5?
    haha, volatile when stressed is an understatement xD

    Based on what you've said, I think I'm a six; I'm very much aware of/monitoring anything that might be considered a risk, and loyalty is probably my single highest value.

    Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    The above is very good. I think 6s are more likely to doubt and question their type, though, obviously. Join the dark side!

    If it seems like a choice between 4 and 6: do you feel more focused on your individuality, on the integrity and intensity of your own emotions and their romanticism (4)? Or is it more like racing thoughts triggering emotions, a sense of insecurity and wanting to find something/someone steady to ground yourself on? (6 - that's me!)

    You don't come across as a 5 to me particularly. But then, I'm no expert. However, I wonder if you could be getting high 5 scores partly because (as you told me) you tend IRL to come across more INTJ than INFJ, partly because of the difficulties posed for INFJ males by society.

    I wondered at first if I were 4, but I realised quickly that this was almost purely because this was how I was "expected" to be, as an INFJ. For me it came down to a choice between 6 and 9.
    Haha, well, I think the 5 would be my natural wing. I've always had this natural bifurcation to my personality because I do have a fairly high IQ, and I've always been intellectually stimulated, while at the same time having really powerful feelings and being somewhat emotional. You're right though, I'm pretty sure I've developed my 5wing to heights that it never would have reached because, it IS easier to look like an INTJ than an INFJ if you're a guy




    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    a 4 will be more concerned with authenticity, individuality, and differentiation. to me (6), those two things seem like a moot point because i figure i am always authentic and individual, since i am always myself. a 6 will be more concerned about seeking protection and security from threats - in my case i shy painfully far from criticism. 4s also tend to be "darker" in a more emotional, intrapersonal way - they'll readily plumb the depths of negative emotion, whereas 6s tend to be "darker" in a more practical, gritty way - we're unlikely to romanticize situations and tend to point out potential trouble areas before they even become problems.
    When you say "plumb the depths of negative emotion" what do you mean exactly?


    Well, based off of what I've learned thus far.. I'm pretty sure I'm a 6 with a VERY strong wing 5.

  6. #6
    Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post

    I've always had this natural bifurcation to my personality because I do have a fairly high IQ, and I've always been intellectually stimulated, while at the same time having really powerful feelings and being somewhat emotional. You're right though, I'm pretty sure I've developed my 5wing to heights that it never would have reached because, it IS easier to look like an INTJ than an INFJ if you're a guy
    Well, this makes you sound a lot like me, except I'm a girl... I think I came across more INTJ when I was younger. I used to be fascinated by intellectual debates. I wrote a letter to myself at age 20 to be opened when I turned 30, and it was all about my thirst for knowledge... I was a little disappointed actually...

    Now, a large number of my interests are still very much on the "intellectual" side but I'm far more interested in the emotional/human relationships dimension. I think that part of me developed more when I moved away from home and discovered just how much of a Feeler I was.

    We're definitely all IxxJs in my family and while my parents are very loving, we were also always a bit emotionally locked up (blame the northern European heritage as well as the personality types, haha.) I think my mom is INTJ and my brother ISTJ, while my dad seems IxFJ but very much like me - emotional but usually in a quiet way (except when he goes bang), and his interests are very intellectual too (he used to be a champion chess player.) My mom and brother are probably both type 5, while I think my dad is either 6 or 1.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx


    I DOORSLAMMING

  7. #7
    Senior Member Wanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    160

    Default

    Given how many times your posts could practically be pulled straight out of my head, I'd say we're both INFJ 6w5 xD

    What's funny is that I almost wrote in my last post about my obsession with Chess as a kid, but I removed it since I figured it wasn't all that topical. I loved chess and playing the game, but I felt bad for beating people...

  8. #8
    Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    Given how many times your posts could practically be pulled straight out of my head, I'd say we're both INFJ 6w5 xD

    What's funny is that I almost wrote in my last post about my obsession with Chess as a kid, but I removed it since I figured it wasn't all that topical. I loved chess and playing the game, but I felt bad for beating people...
    Ha, that's funny! As a daughter of an excellent chess player I'm pretty useless. I've been taught how to play chess numerous times, played very badly for a little while, then need to be taught again in a few years... I don't think my dad feels bad about winning though. He has started playing a little more again in competitions again and gets frustrated because he doesn't play well enough; bit of a perfectionist. I'm just not into games generally for the most part (oddly, I prefer shoot-em-up or run-and-jump games on the computer to games of strategy.)

    He could be a sensitive ISTJ, but I tend to think he's IxFJ - not sure if he's ISFJ or INFJ; if he's INFJ, like me he is an ISFJ-ish one.

    I think you could definitely be a 6. I've debated my e-type a lot more than my MBTI type, but I seem to notice the 6 in myself more and more. Then again, sometimes I wonder if that's projecting and I've "decided" that I "have to be like a 6" now that I've more or less settled on it. Knowing more about the 6 preoccupations have certainly helped me notice stuff about myself though.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx


    I DOORSLAMMING

Similar Threads

  1. Can't figure out what my type is.
    By theflame in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-27-2017, 03:23 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-05-2015, 09:34 PM
  3. Can't figure out what type I am.
    By Mr. Sherlock Holmes in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-01-2010, 10:44 PM
  4. [NT] Can't figure out what I am. :P INTP/ENTP hybrid.
    By Fluffywolf in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 03:01 PM
  5. Greetings of an INxx (trying to figure out what I am)
    By TenebrousReflection in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-05-2007, 01:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO