• INTJ

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 34567 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I would vote but I truly don't know. I do remember that at one point you were also INTP and ISTP. Because you have the tendency to "act the type" that you have labeled yourself instead of being free and being yourself, I suggest you take a break from trying to figure out your type AND A BREAK FROM THINKING ABOUT TYPE and just be you. In time, maybe some of us will have a better guess and can help you with that. It might help you too.

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I would vote but I truly don't know. I do remember that at one point you were also INTP and ISTP. Because you have the tendency to "act the type" that you have labeled yourself instead of being free and being yourself, I suggest you take a break from trying to figure out your type AND A BREAK FROM THINKING ABOUT TYPE and just be you. In time, maybe some of us will have a better guess and can help you with that. It might help you too.
    I had a months-long break already, and in that time I cleared up the acting (as I said in the OP). In the months I was gone, I didn't think about type, I was myself, and I left type an unresolved question. Now that I've come back in a better state of mind I decided to give it another go.

You may remember my neurotic, obsessive type insecurity thread from a few months ago; that mindset is completely gone now. I notice that now it does not bother me to be untyped (I know my type field says ESTP right now but I still consider myself untyped); before, it used to eat away at me. Now I don't usually think about my type unless I'm answering this thread. And I can think about type in general without thinking about my type, allowing me to enjoy this forum and read/contribute to threads without re-developing type insecurity.

I get where the concern comes from, but this is mostly a passing interest now.

And, tbh, at some level I just like the attention.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

All Natural! All Good!

Default Update

I think I have more information about my type now. This thread was last updated in October 2011, so ...

Various posts by TPs and some Ti descriptions have convinced me that I am Ti-Fe and not Fi-Te, making my functional order Pe Ti Fe Pi. Looking at it in dichotomies, I am too "T" to be "F", and too "F" to be "T", but functionally, Ti-Fe fits. I hope to figure out what the remaining functions are -- though there is, rest assured, no stress, anxiety, or tension associated with this goal.

I am also more open to being labeled Ne-dominant this time.. haha

I have some S traits and some N traits. I just have to figure out what dominates.

I also seem to have many traits of negative Si, but I mostly see them when reading descriptions of negative Si. From reading descriptions of positive Si, even those written by SJs, I would not gather that I have negative Si. So inferior Ni is still a possibility.

I lack confidence, ability, and interest in manipulating the physical world directly. I like the idea of influencing the physical world from long-distance. Ideally, I'd plan out some system, maybe even figure out how it should best be implemented, and other people do the actual implementation.
    So eat it, you should.

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

You need to come to vent @Swivelinglight is your hand twin.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

there's no way in he double hockey sticks i'm reading all this thread

but if ur like me its prolly better to forget everything about type like u said u would do in one of those previous posts.

it's surprisingly liberating to not have the constant self analyzation occurring.

All Natural! All Good!

I'm going to say how I relate to words typically associated with N, so you can see if I relate to them like an actual N. I suspect that I am an S-type relating to N descriptions. Depending on the responses to this one, I will do the S words as well.

possibilities:

My imagination actually sucks compared to what most of the Ne types here describe. I don't dream about space ships and time travel all day long.

I will try to describe how I see situations -- not really individual situations, but states of things.

I get an impression that something is a certain way. I do not intentionally gather data or observe to get it, it just happens. I usually don't remember the observations that contributed to the impression, so I can't give examples; I remember the trend, not the data. But there will generally be one observation that triggers the realization/impression.

All that is instant and beyond my conscious control, but that is how I think it works.

Once I have the impression, I don't consciously think, "how would I improve this situation?" The answers to that question are just there in my head. I am happiest and most energized then. The feasibility of the answers is another matter entirely, lol.

Also, I tend to extrapolate present trends/happenings, so I am not reacting to the present, but rather responding to what I think the present actually means. I wonder if this is related to Se setting or detecting current trends. As above, I don't think, "where is the present going?" I just get the answers without consciously looking for them.

I tend to relate my knowledge in one area to another area. My learning is not compartmentalized. I don't have, like, "science", "philosophy", "personality type", "computing," etc. in buckets. Knowledge is knowledge and it all fits with everything. I think I'm more about the bridges between places than the places themselves.

--------------

implications, significance, meaning:
    I have friends with whom "conversations" are just streams of facts. Things are very specific for them: specific numbers, dates, people, $ amounts, etc. I follow their trains of thought, thinking they are going to come to some kind of conclusion. I keep thinking they will interpret the data, guess at why these things are this way, what does this indicate. What does it tell us. Why is the food so expensive. How can we reduce our food expenses. How can we increase our income. Questions pop into my head, automatically and without effort, in response to stimuli. So do the answers. Whether the answers are actually implementable is another question. That is where judgment (or lack thereof) comes in. I see this being very different from the aforementioned friends, whose effortless behaviour is spitting out long streams of facts without any interpretation.

--------------

symbols:
    I actually have no idea what these are. lol. I will say this though. Say I am walking through a park. I would not look at a tree and say, "ooh it's a symbol of life" or anything like that. I might see the tree and a park bench, and think "homeless person" [even if no one were there, the park bench would be enough to make me think of that] --> "treehouses for homeless people!!!" I think this is very Se as it relates directly to the immediately perceived environment -- the tree. Though I guess it relies on the concept of "tree", not the specific tree. Now that I think of it, when I look at the environment, I don't usually consider the specific object, but rather the group of all similar objects. e.g. all trees or all park benches. Most of my ideas are not concrete inventions. I kind of suck at designing physical things, let alone building them. My typical ideas would be more along the lines of improving a certain inefficient system using knowledge from some other area. That is not to say it's completely non-physical, I just don't build things with my hands, nor do I have any desire to.
    So eat it, you should.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by strychnine View Post
    symbols:
    I actually have no idea what these are. lol. I will say this though. Say I am walking through a park. I would not look at a tree and say, "ooh it's a symbol of life" or anything like that. I might see the tree and a park bench, and think "homeless person" [even if no one were there, the park bench would be enough to make me think of that] --> "treehouses for homeless people!!!" I think this is very Se as it relates directly to the immediately perceived environment -- the tree. Though I guess it relies on the concept of "tree", not the specific tree. Now that I think of it, when I look at the environment, I don't usually consider the specific object, but rather the group of all similar objects. e.g. all trees or all park benches. Most of my ideas are not concrete inventions. I kind of suck at designing physical things, let alone building them. My typical ideas would be more along the lines of improving a certain inefficient system using knowledge from some other area. That is not to say it's completely non-physical, I just don't build things with my hands, nor do I have any desire to.
    What's your impression of how Ne would vary from this then?

And I'll just say this now... if your answer is that it would be something like simply consciously thinking "the tree is a symbol of life," I'll be skeptical that you have these sorted out well

I guess what I am basically wondering here is what makes you feel S in the face of relating to N descriptions?

Also, what has you sure this time that you are a P, and not an J relating to Ne or Se as a tertiary (or even inferior) function?

Talking to you on Vent would probably help a lot too

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

For some reason every time I vote, it says something disconnected my webpage. :/
    So I will just say it here: INTP.
    Not definite of course. But you are very N, definitely. You come across T but kinda borderline T. The I and P I can't explain...I just get a feeling. :P I know, not much of a 'logical' reason, but I've become good at picking out subtle details and my mind automatically goes to the conclusion.
    "I have damaged my intellect trying to imagine why a man should want to invent a repeating clock, and how another man could be found to lust after it and buy it. The man who can guess these riddles is far on the way to guess why the human race was invented--which is another riddle which tires me."

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    What's your impression of how Ne would vary from this then?

And I'll just say this now... if your answer is that it would be something like simply consciously thinking "the tree is a symbol of life," I'll be skeptical that you have these sorted out well
    That comment was just to illustrate how I interpreted the word "symbol".

I would think Ne would be like: tree --> what if we stacked trees on top of one another and climbed to Mars?!

The difference, to me, is that the Ne one is much less realistic. I don't want to say it's outright impossible because we might be able to work around the physical limitations somehow. But it's farfetched.

Whereas with the "treehouses for homeless people" thing I said, it's realistic. One could feasibly build treehouses for homeless people, provided one had funding and adequate trees and participants to build the houses. And those hurdles are a lot smaller than the hurdles involved in climbing trees to Mars.

Honestly, the Mars thing seems silly to me, I would seldom come up with something that farfetched in my regular thoughts.

On the other hand, when it comes to extrapolating trends (which I talked about in my last post), things can get farfetched easily, and I will maintain that those farfetched ideas are realistic and almost manifest.

I guess what I am basically wondering here is what makes you feel S in the face of relating to N descriptions?
    I also relate to S descriptions and have a lot of S traits. Ss relate to N descriptions all the time, see that Eiffel Tower picture thread and every S on those forum who joined self-typed as an N. I think these are my S traits (but they're not the only ones):

- shying away from global/universal issues
    if they are not extremely interesting, I tend to go "oh, there are too many variables, it's a waste of time, I will never understand this much." I can stick with these systems a bit longer at the qualitative level, but for quantification I prefer smaller-scale systems.

- fact-based. I will take things as true without facts backing them up, but I have a hard time believing something in the face of evidence that disproves/contradicts it.

- my ideas are actionable. Most of the time, I consider them and ultimately decide not to act on them, but they could be acted on fairly easily unlike the Mars thing.

Also, what has you sure this time that you are a P, and not an J relating to Ne or Se as a tertiary (or even inferior) function?

Talking to you on Vent would probably help a lot too
    I have a distaste for both Si and Ni, so they are probably not in my top two.

I'll look into Vent, but I really don't want to use my voice.
    Last edited by strychnine; 01-14-2012 at 09:59 PM.
    So eat it, you should.

All Natural! All Good!

I don't want to go by stereotypes, but here are some points anyway:

Why I seem to lack Ne:
    - not preoccupied with time travel, space ships, or any other farfetched thing
    - my ideas are actionable...most of the time, they can be carried out in the current state of the world. Most of them are not actually carried out, but they could be.

Why I seem to lack Se:
    - never liked sports / always sucked at them
    - very uncoordinated
    - lack of interest in physically exhilarating ("adrenaline junkie") activities... not because they are exhilarating, I'm just not interested. I don't want to sky dive, rock climb, etc.
    - I don't think that I need to experience something to know about it / understand it. I think I can understand something as well or better by reading about it.
    - I trust my [predictions / views of the future / hypotheses] and often use them to make decisions without experience to back them up.
    - I don't learn well by doing. It's not my preferred method of learning.
    - my personal (self-initiated, free time) projects don't involve building/constructing things. I don't like working with my hands and I am not good at it.
    - prefer to think or talk rather than do (i.e. not action-oriented)

Quote Originally Posted by Curious_Kitty View Post
    For some reason every time I vote, it says something disconnected my webpage. :/
    So I will just say it here: INTP.
    Not definite of course. But you are very N, definitely. You come across T but kinda borderline T. The I and P I can't explain...I just get a feeling. :P I know, not much of a 'logical' reason, but I've become good at picking out subtle details and my mind automatically goes to the conclusion.
    Thanks for your vote. Sorry I didn't see your post earlier, don't know how I missed it. I agree with borderline T. I'm pretty sure I'm a TP with strong Fe.

The "very N" is where my issue is... you could well be right, but I'm just not sure yet.

No worries, I get that... you only need a few data points to get a kind of "vibe".

Thanks!
    So eat it, you should.