- They will discover fresh possibilities where others have failed
I see potential for improvement where most others don't -- this is true. But I'm sure they see it in areas where I don't so I don't think this is special.
- Take pride in seeing the possibilities of accomplishing something which others regard as impossible
Most of my acquaintences regard every remotely-novel suggestion as fundamentally impossible. I have been told, "No one will go for that", "That's not possible", etc. even after my idea was already confirmed to work
. So again, I don't think this is that special; to do something others consider impossible is nothing at all because most people consider most things impossible -- even things that have been shown to work for decades (after all, we have denialists).
- [Ne] will often provide a solution in circumstances in which none of the other functions can find a way out
- they can get away with anything
As above -- being a good liar and having some ability to see through people helps. Also, in my most overconfident moments I can start to believe there is no problem I can't solve.
- their imagination continually suggests fresh possibilities
- May have great difficulty in managing themselves, owing to the constant invasion of fresh inspirations
Sort of, but not continually. I have to dismiss most of them. I suck at applying judgment to determine which ones to pursue. I think this is a general Pe dom problem though... my life gets led by the ideas I generate. Whereas I think for Ji doms, they would have an internal vision of what they want first, then go out into the world and find what they need specifically. Whereas Pe doms have to apply judgment to select which ideas to pursue, after they've already been generated. And they all seem good, because apparently I have shitty judgment.
- Frequently better at taking the initiative in starting something than at finishing it, leaving others to profit from their idea
- Like to see quick results, and if failing that, their attention is readily distracted by something else
- Show more impulsive energy than concentrated will-power.
Newly-generated ideas always seem better, so I start various projects with enthusiasm before abandoning them. Again, though, this seems to apply to ESxPs as well.