First 12345 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by strychnine View Post
    I went through a period of hollowness -- but it was a general absence of everything, really. I also had no goals. I have goals now and I am also not hollow now. So I don't think hollowness is my default...when I think back to a year ago I wasn't hollow. It was just a few months. I would call that time "depression" except that wasn't it, it was more like an absence of everything.

"he wants to suck all the thoughts out of their heads"

O_o what does that even mean?
    I couldn't tell you for sure what that means, except that it sounds like an empty person wanting to fill his head with the thoughts of others. Or it could be he was just insanely curious to know what other people are thinking.

As for temporary feelings of hollowness, maybe you should look into borderline personality syndrome. I'm not saying you're that, but a hollow feeling inside which is not depression is a symptom of that.

An interesting fact about BPS is that it does not correlate with any particular type.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

When I take cog function tests I usually come out high on Ne, Se, Fi, Ti, and/or Te. It's really erratic. I've only posted a few results on this forum but I take that test about once a month, probably. Dichotomous tests are even worse, lol, I think I have tested as every type at least once!
    That may be but that's not what I'm seeing from the tests on here Specifically both the cog function results you posted have your Ne score as over twice your Se score. I don't give the tests that much credit, but I think a pattern that extreme is pretty significant.

In one of my past type-me threads there were quite a few reputable members, who know their stuff, typing me as INFP and ISFP. So I can't say Ne/Ti are that clear...
    And to be honest I have no clue where these people are getting these other typings from, besides you confusing us by switching your type so many times.

I have considered xNTP just like every other type . I couldn't see myself as an NT, so I dismissed it. Perhaps out of ignorance.
    Perhaps perhaps.... have you taken a pure temperament test before with the descriptions and stuff? Temperament/Color Sorter: Types and Blended Types this is one I posted a little while back that you have to self-score but it is pretty cool...

First impression was probably ISTJ. I tested that on the first online test I took -- don't remember which one it was. I thought it fit because I was going off stereotypes for each letter. I thought something like, "I fits because I spend a lot of time on the internet, which is an introvert thing. S fits because I'm taking hands-on lab courses. [Never mind that I don't actually LIKE them.] T fits because I don't have much idea of right and wrong. J fits because I plan and I get places on time." (second impression: ISFJ after I convinced myself I needed emotional connections and I thought that was Fe)
    That doesn't count because you were already breaking things apart at that point (not to mention the reasoning was pretty off) I'm talking of impressions here. Did the description of ISTJ even seem like you? Have you read through all of the descriptions?

I was never pretending on purpose. I just found myself changing my behaviour to match my type hypotheses... and that included my posting habits. I noticed this when I left the forum for 4-5 months and found that my RL behaviour changed based on what type I thought I was. Before I left, I had no personality, I was just hollow and took whatever mold I was given/ gave myself. I think I've fixed that...

I'm not pretending now -- not even unintentionally. In fact that was part of my motivation for starting this thread. Before posting each time I go through and double check the whole post, literally every word going, "Is this really true? Does it make sense? Does it apply to me?" etc. And from now on I'll do that with every post I make (like the one you repped -- that one was checked for accuracy too).
    Good.... maybe we can finally get to the bottom of this then

I still have problems differentiating between Se and Ne, so I'm definitely considering all 4 TP (toilet paper! ) types.
    There have been many attempts to describe this difference on here and though the description for Se here isn't perfect, I think this post http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1649444 gets pretty close to describing the difference.

Something else that made me suspect ISTJ:

In a thread I read when I was first learning about type, someone said that Si/Te people tended to like statistics. I like stats... even simple things like normal distributions, overall trends, etc. I don't like the data itself necessarily, it's all meaningless to me without a trend. I'm also very visual so graphs help me understand/interpret the data, and in the end interpretation is what I'm going for. Not the numbers themselves.

In this way I tend to like stats -- and back then I read a post where someone said it was an STJ thing... which further convinced me I was (I)STJ.
    Liking stats is not really an STJ thing.... especially not the way that you describe it. I like the aspects of stats that you describe as well.

I could say a lot more, but let's start with this...

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Now I'm thinking ESTP 3w2, with developed Fe.

Ti

Fe

Se/Ni (Si would put more importance into raw data, instead of patterns)
    One of the best guesses yet. Agree 100% on the Ti and Fe. But wouldn't Ne also place importance on patterns, by perceiving them directly... while Se/Ni might perceive the instances directly and then later synthesize them into a pattern?

------

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I couldn't tell you for sure what that means, except that it sounds like an empty person wanting to fill his head with the thoughts of others. Or it could be he was just insanely curious to know what other people are thinking.

As for temporary feelings of hollowness, maybe you should look into borderline personality syndrome. I'm not saying you're that, but a hollow feeling inside which is not depression is a symptom of that.

An interesting fact about BPS is that it does not correlate with any particular type.
    I'll read about that. But I won't be choosing my enneagram type based on an anomaly rather than how I am most of the time.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I'll read about that. But I won't be choosing my enneagram type based on an anomaly rather than how I am most of the time.
    Like I said, BPS cannot be correlated to type. It could be that the hollow feeling is not "type worthy" either. But when I read how changeable you are, the first type that popped into my head was the 3.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Like I said, BPS cannot be correlated to type. It could be that the hollow feeling is not "type worthy" either. But when I read how changeable you are, the first type that popped into my head was the 3.
    Ok, cool. Thanks for your input
    So eat it, you should.

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

One of the best guesses yet. Agree 100% on the Ti and Fe. But wouldn't Ne also place importance on patterns, by perceiving them directly... while Se/Ni might perceive the instances directly and then later synthesize them into a pattern?
    Yes. Ne is more fluid, but it works with patterns as well. I didn't want to mention that but, as a general rule, sensors tend to get mistyped as intuitives much more often than the opposite, so when I see someone auto classified as a sensor I put much more importance into the classification. That said, ENTP wouldn't be a bad guess, but for the reasons above stated, between ENTP and ESTP, ESTP seemed more likely. I think you should focus on ESTP and ENTP.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sp
    Socionics
    INTp

ESFJ - Any attempt to explain would only lead to an arduous journey through my mind on numerous tangents ending somewhere where all become lost.

Also if you are under 26 (personal view) your personality is most likely in flux depending on the people you associate with in your daily life (something helpful in a user profile).

MBTI
    IsFJ

Well, according to your descriptions, ExTP sounds about right. I lean towards ENTP due to passages such as these:

I generally don't speak in absolutes (e.g. "never"/"always"). Even if I haven't seen an exception to the absolute, I'm open to the possibility that one exists. So I leave room for the exception in my speech/writing to be more precise and/or accurate.
    (Of course there's probably an exception to the rule that "all rules have exceptions"! lol)

I also account for things I can't imagine. A friend once made me promise that I would never do a certain thing, and I said I couldn't promise that, because I can't imagine all possible situations. e.g. there might be torture more painful than what I could imagine.
    Kind of like this: http://xkcd.com/883/ -- I can imagine well enough that I imagine there are many horrible things I can't begin to imagine (kind of like: "I know enough to know how little I know", except with imagination)

I perceive the pattern more than the instance. For example, I'll understand something as happening "all the time", but when asked to point to a specific instance, I won't be able to remember one.

I love problem-solving. I see potential improvements everywhere, even when things are supposedly "fine". I am most myself when in the process of improving something... without that challenge, it's no fun, and I seek out a new problem.

BUT I really don't like the pseudo-"problem-solving" in my university courses... I don't like to do the same boring calculation over and over again with different numbers! That's not really problem-solving. To me, problem-solving does not involve a formula or a set method. I seldom know how I'm going to solve a problem until the solution jumps into my brain (comes out of nowhere, seemingly) while I'm doing something else.
    I can't seem to think without writing/talking. Feedback from other people helps me develop ideas/solutions SO much better... I prefer to brainstorm aloud and collaborate.
    Well... the extent of my planning is very general. Right now I have a few ideas for things I could do in the long term -- there used to be a lot more ideas but I narrowed them down. Then I made a plan to progress without closing any doors, by looking at future steps down several roads, but not all the way down any one road. I know I'll ultimately have to choose one option when the roads diverge too far.

I also think up a lot of projects, take them all on because they are all so exciting lol, and then leave them unfinished... I don't seem to have very good judgment in deciding which projects are the most worthwhile.
    These all sound like Ne in action. Some of them are indicative of Pe in general, but the emphasis on fanciful possibilities (and identifying with xkcd characters' trains of thought ) are more slanted towards Intuition, IMHO.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I didn't want to mention that but, as a general rule, sensors tend to get mistyped as intuitives much more often than the opposite, so when I see someone auto classified as a sensor I put much more importance into the classification.
    So is this what's going on here.... this auto classication nonsense?

Okay this kind of approach may be good to start with with someone who does not provide nearly enough information...... except that Strychnine is already describing a clear preference for Ne, not just Pe undifferentiated (it's not so obvious here, but there were a couple really blatant examples in her earlier threads...)

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    That may be but that's not what I'm seeing from the tests on here Specifically both the cog function results you posted have your Ne score as over twice your Se score. I don't give the tests that much credit, but I think a pattern that extreme is pretty significant.
    I don't think the tests I've posted here are representative. Sure, there's a pattern, but the data set is so limited.

And to be honest I have no clue where these people are getting these other typings from, besides you confusing us by switching your type so many times.
    I switched my type because of their other typings! People whose type knowledge I trust suggested ISFP and INFP. They convinced me. That's not to say that everyone in this thread is wrong for not guessing IFP; you have different/more information now. I'm just saying why I chose ISFP for my type.

Perhaps perhaps.... have you taken a pure temperament test before with the descriptions and stuff? Temperament/Color Sorter: Types and Blended Types this is one I posted a little while back that you have to self-score but it is pretty cool...
    I took some test where it listed stuff from each temperament and you had to see which applied the most to you. It was actually a pretty good test, but I can't find the link. I also took some career quiz one that was really long and it tells you which temperament you are in the classroom, in group settings, at work, etc. It was also good. And once again I can't find the link. lol

As for the one you posted:
    Analysing Green 34
    Dependable Gold 17
    Action Orange 31
    Empathetic Blue 33

I don't relate to the blends. And I don't relate too well to any of these: http://users.trytel.com/~jfalt/colou...temp-full.html

"physical energy and social aggression"? No, definitely not. I'm not one of those "alpha" types that just make a whole lot of noise.

I'm also not all that "physical" or present. Even looking at the presence of some people on this forum... I'm not like that online, let alone IRL.

That doesn't count because you were already breaking things apart at that point (not to mention the reasoning was pretty off) I'm talking of impressions here. Did the description of ISTJ even seem like you? Have you read through all of the descriptions?
    Well that was what I got when I first learned about MBTI -- which is why the reasoning is so off. I didn't know much back then lol

I have read through all and INFP and ISFP seem the most like me. I still only relate to them like 50% so "most like me" isn't all that much like me. I relate mostly to the stuff about ISFPs being engaged with their "compositions" (things they create), always focusing on their tools of expression, etc.

I relate to ISTJ as well because (1) I'm really anal-retentive about all kinds of things. e.g. I CANNOT stand it when one document has multiple formatting types. I'm also really particular about my environment -- if people move things around so i can't find them I LOSE IT. (2) I don't like change. I like to listen to the same song over and over again. Once I did that for a whole 8 months in high school. It was like a drug. Addictive personality; not always running to the next thing like a real ExxP. I can watch old episodes of my favourite shows again and I don't get bored. I don't remember what happened in the first place anyway.

(Which brings me to another point about my shitty memory and the fact that I seem to store memories all out of order...)

Good.... maybe we can finally get to the bottom of this then

There have been many attempts to describe this difference on here and though the description for Se here isn't perfect, I think this post http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1649444 gets pretty close to describing the difference.
    Thanks, I'll check that out.

Liking stats is not really an STJ thing.... especially not the way that you describe it. I like the aspects of stats that you describe as well.
    Ok cool . I was wondering if there was a difference between looking at the data for the sake of overall trends as opposed to finding the data points themselves interesting. My brother, an ISTP, also likes stats but it seems to me he looks at the individual points first and then synthesizes them. Like Se first then Ni(/Ti?). Whereas I tend to, in one sweep, glance at the data and conjure up a picture in my head -- I forget the individual data points that contributed to that picture.

Oooops I rambled...

I could say a lot more, but let's start with this...
    So eat it, you should.