7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Lol, why such a nick?
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Lol, why such a nick?
    hah well... I'm a chem major and one of our professors talked once about how the phrase "all natural" is used to sell things even though it doesn't hold much meaning. His example was that strychnine is "all natural", but it's not too good for you heh. Even before that lecture I thought the false dichotomy between natural and unnatural was ridiculous. So now every time I think of strychnine I think of the false dichotomy that so many people seem to advocate for -- and that you could conclude from their beliefs that they should eat strychnine.

(btw thanks for visiting my thread lolol)
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by strychnine View Post
    I was never pretending on purpose. I just found myself changing my behaviour to match my type hypotheses... and that included my posting habits. I noticed this when I left the forum for 4-5 months and found that my RL behaviour changed based on what type I thought I was. Before I left, I had no personality, I was just hollow and took whatever mold I was given/ gave myself. I think I've fixed that...
    You are whatever MBTI type you are at the moment.

I went through a process of ever-changing personalities when I was a lot younger. Psychiatrists call this (please don't laugh) a "plastic personality" (as you wrote, "I was just hollow and took whatever mold I was given/ gave myself"). By "plastic" they mean "capable of being molded or of receiving form." After that point, my personality became more set in stone, but it still continued to change.

It's interesting to see someone else going through the same process.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

As a further note, the only reason I consider myself an "INTP" (the N is really S/N according to tests) and a "5w4" is because I identified with them, thus altering the way I see myself and even changing my thought-patterns and behavior. Even the way I felt about myself changed after reading typology books.

The "self" is an illusion generated by its identification with patterns of behavior. But without that illusion, a person would be, as you described it, hollow.

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    You are whatever MBTI type you are at the moment.

I went through a process of ever-changing personalities when I was a lot younger. Psychiatrists call this (please don't laugh) a "plastic personality" (as you wrote, "I was just hollow and took whatever mold I was given/ gave myself"). By "plastic" they mean "capable of being molded or of receiving form." After that point, my personality became more set in stone, but it still continued to change.

It's interesting to see someone else going through the same process.
    Looking at the moment and disregarding most of the past makes me more sure of xxTP.

That's interesting. I think I was "plastic" a few months ago, but now it seems more solid but as you say, continues to change.

As a further note, the only reason I consider myself an "INTP" (the N is really S/N according to tests) and a "5w4" is because I identified with them, thus altering the way I see myself and even changing my thought-patterns and behavior. Even the way I felt about myself changed after reading typology books.

The "self" is an illusion generated by its identification with patterns of behavior. But without that illusion, a person would be, as you described it, hollow.
    Well yeah, I can't observe my own thought patterns without changing them.

I find it interesting that what I perceived as growth -- going from a "hollow" self to a current more solid one -- could actually be going deeper into the illusion!
    So eat it, you should.

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

@Rasofy : You voted ISTP; I'm hoping you could explain the reasoning that lead you to that conclusion. Thanks in advance.
    Wow, how did you find out?
    The first post seemed ISTP, but the second post confused me, since manipulation skills aren't supposed to be their strength. Care to explain why and how you manipulate people?
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Looking at the moment and disregarding most of the past makes me more sure of xxTP.

That's interesting. I think I was "plastic" a few months ago, but now it seems more solid but as you say, continues to change.

Well yeah, I can't observe my own thought patterns without changing them.

I find it interesting that what I perceived as growth -- going from a "hollow" self to a current more solid one -- could actually be going deeper into the illusion!
    It's a necessary illusion. But I didn't identify myself with your statement about being hollow. The Enneagram has three shell types - 3, 6, and 9 - so I'm thinking your e-type is one of those.

My old friend "D", who is a 6 (and a lot 9), once revealed to me that whenever he sees anybody walking down the street he wants to suck all the thoughts out of their heads.

All Natural! All Good!

It's a necessary illusion. But I didn't identify myself with your statement about being hollow. The Enneagram has three shell types - 3, 6, and 9 - so I'm thinking your e-type is one of those.

My old friend "D", who is a 6 (and a lot 9), once revealed to me that whenever he sees anybody walking down the street he wants to suck all the thoughts out of their heads.
    I went through a period of hollowness -- but it was a general absence of everything, really. I also had no goals. I have goals now and I am also not hollow now. So I don't think hollowness is my default...when I think back to a year ago I wasn't hollow. It was just a few months. I would call that time "depression" except that wasn't it, it was more like an absence of everything.

"he wants to suck all the thoughts out of their heads"

O_o what does that even mean?
    So eat it, you should.

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Wow, how did you find out?
    The first post seemed ISTP, but the second post confused me, since manipulation skills aren't supposed to be their strength. Care to explain why and how you manipulate people?
    The poll's public...

Sure. Pretty much I try to "massage" people and situations to get what I want. Maneuvering. Example: some people will only work with you if they think they're behind the idea. If I suspect I'm talking to one of these people, and I need them to work with me, I sell my idea in a manner that makes them think it's theirs. If they suggest "improvements" that aren't harmful then I say, hey that's a great idea! We can do that as well! and the person thinks they came up with the idea.

As for why? Mostly if I need someone in authority to work with me, I need a favour, etc.
    So eat it, you should.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Now I'm thinking ESTP 3w2, with developed Fe.

Ti
    I also account for things I can't imagine. A friend once made me promise that I would never do a certain thing, and I said I couldn't promise that, because I can't imagine all possible situations. e.g. there might be torture more painful than what I could imagine.
    Kind of like this: http://xkcd.com/883/ -- I can imagine well enough that I imagine there are many horrible things I can't begin to imagine (kind of like: "I know enough to know how little I know", except with imagination)
    Fe
    Sure. Pretty much I try to "massage" people and situations to get what I want. Maneuvering. Example: some people will only work with you if they think they're behind the idea. If I suspect I'm talking to one of these people, and I need them to work with me, I sell my idea in a manner that makes them think it's theirs. If they suggest "improvements" that aren't harmful then I say, hey that's a great idea! We can do that as well! and the person thinks they came up with the idea.

As for why? Mostly if I need someone in authority to work with me, I need a favour, etc.
    Se/Ni (Si would put more importance into raw data, instead of patterns)
    I perceive the pattern more than the instance. For example, I'll understand something as happening "all the time", but when asked to point to a specific instance, I won't be able to remember one.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------