• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Halp meh pl0x! Wut Type Am Eye?

Wut type am eye?

• Total voters

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't get that smilie...does he/she have a handlebar mustache covering her/his lips?

A

Anew Leaf

When you have the extra $10 I would like you to do this test: http://www.enneagram.net/tests/index.html#fullenneacards

I would like to know your tritype, I am guessing you as a 479 ...

As far as my own vibe on you, I feel some nine but the fun-loving part screams 7 to me. This 4 is the most positive, magical and optimistic. And you hide your sadness to foster connection.

As far as type, I would say iNFP - you perhaps score as I do, close on the e-i divide. But I don't have reason to think you anything but an INFP.

SO, when you once again are rollin' in the casholin' let me know on the enneagram!

Interesting, I never thought 4-7-9. I will have to read the 7 description. I originally thought 4-9-5. The 4 makes the most sense for who I am inside myself. The deep dark places where the light cannot shine for it is too dark to see and no one ever thinks to bring a candle! /bringsontheemo

I still think my theory that I need to fall in love and have it end poorly is the best test for all of this. Then you can see my spectacular sadness full throttle. The best poetry comes from times like that. ;)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
haha!

i could be a repressed enfp who grew up as an infp based on the fact that i had a very Enfp mom and a XNTP dad. add to the mix the fact that i am an only child (banana), and i was forced to work in the introvert mines of moria for the rest of my life.

now i am starting to deal with the void of all that Enfpism in my life and i could just be overcompensating for that loss or i could be reverting to my true form.

either way i think i am voltron. but it doesn't fit into 4 spaces. :sadbanana:

well sqid is a good alternative...almost the same thing...same fleshy membranes. but...but...maybe...your mother was just so much more e than you are that you just naturally assumed you were an introvert in comparison....i've done that...i still do that...i fail at being an extrovert compared to other extraverts....most of the time...maybe...maybe...you're just low e. :)

so...you're not sure if your dad is e or i either? and whoa...if you had two ne dom parents haha

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Interesting, I never thought 4-7-9. I will have to read the 7 description. I originally thought 4-9-5. The 4 makes the most sense for who I am inside myself. The deep dark places where the light cannot shine for it is too dark to see and no one ever thinks to bring a candle! /bringsontheemo

I still think my theory that I need to fall in love and have it end poorly is the best test for all of this. Then you can see my spectacular sadness full throttle. The best poetry comes from times like that. ;)

You're still a 4 though, so ... think of it as an order of operations. If 4'ness isn't working as an emotional coping strategy, you turn to 7, happy-happy joy-joy, and if THAT doesn't work, resort to 9'ness, peace and disconnection.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

um...have ya ever seen a broken hearted 7? it's just about the worst sight you've ever seen...more so i think than a 4...a 4 expects it...a 4 is used to feeling low...a 7 is not....and does not and it shatters their whole world and renders them crippled for a good long while. ha! see...i can be emo too! :p

A

Anew Leaf

well sqid is a good alternative...almost the same thing...same fleshy membranes. but...but...maybe...your mother was just so much more e than you are that you just naturally assumed you were an introvert in comparison....i've done that...i still do that...i fail at being an extrovert compared to other extraverts....most of the time...maybe...maybe...you're just low e. :)

so...you're not sure if your dad is e or i either? and whoa...if you had two ne dom parents haha

My dad tested as an INTP one time and that's what I think of him as... He considers himself more of an extravert. However, I am not sure if we are looking at the word in the same definition. Cognitively I still think he falls back to a Ti core with the Ne fluff around that.

Either way there was a lot of Ne shenanigans that went on growing up. :) And because of that I think I come off as Ne-dom since I am so very, very Ne. Underneath it all though is this secret world of "life is pain because the sky has rain."

A

Anew Leaf

You're still a 4 though, so ... think of it as an order of operations. If 4'ness isn't working as an emotional coping strategy, you turn to 7, happy-happy joy-joy, and if THAT doesn't work, resort to 9'ness, peace and disconnection.

Interesting idea.

What about withdrawing from the point/person of stress?

A

Anew Leaf

um...have ya ever seen a broken hearted 7? it's just about the worst sight you've ever seen...more so i think than a 4...a 4 expects it...a 4 is used to feeling low...a 7 is not....and does not and it shatters their whole world and renders them crippled for a good long while. ha! see...i can be emo too! :p

I have not... *is torn between wanting to see one now and knowing what a sad thing that would be*

G

Glycerine

I got:

PSTypes Enneagram Test Results
The Distribution of Your Scores
Type One: 11
Type Two: 30
Type Three: 3
Type Four: 57
Type Five: 49
Type Six: 38
Type Seven: 31
Type Eight: 12
Type Nine: 42

Your probable Enneagram Type
Your main type is 4.
Considering the wings you should be a 4w5.
Hah, ok! I bet you are just not as jaded about life as the ones I have known which is a good thing. One once pretty much implied that happiness is pointless and futile endeavor. lol Nothing like a jaded INFP to get one depressed. :laugh:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
okay i just watched that tritype video elfboy posted and i retract my statements. i think you being a 479 totally makes sense. :)

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Here's an I vs. E question for you.

When your fav friends have a big crazy party with a mix of friends you love and a whole bunch of people you've never met before, which reaction sounds more like you (now or when you were in college):

1. You get excited when you hear about it, look forward to it, feel excited all day leading up to it, have a great time, talk to a bunch of new people, and feel leftover happiness for a few days afterwards.

2. Glad to see your friends but not so excited about the party aspect of it, would rather spend time by yourself or with one or a few other friends, and if you do go to the party, you secretly do it more out of obligation to your friends, you might have a good time but you feel drained afterwards.

A

Anew Leaf

When your fav friends have a big crazy party with a mix of friends you love and a whole bunch of people you've never met before, which reaction sounds more like you (now or when you were in college):

1. You get excited when you hear about it, look forward to it, feel excited all day leading up to it, have a great time, talk to a bunch of new people, and feel leftover happiness for a few days afterwards.

2. Glad to see your friends but not so excited about the party aspect of it, would rather spend time by yourself or with one or a few other friends, and if you do go to the party, you secretly do it more out of obligation to your friends, you might have a good time but you feel drained afterwards.

3. Pretend that I am out of the country that particular weekend, week, or month.

4. Be excited initially. Then as the day approaches feel annoyed that Future plans are starting to encroach upon the present and get sulky. Day of, contemplate not going at all or faking a car accident. Finally arrive 30 mins late with mild concern over who I will talk to. Pretend to be an extravert enough to traverse the tricky toy strewn path from the front door to wherever the hosts are. Start chatting with people I know. Graduate to chatting with people I don't know and pretend to care about their life when the odds are that I will see this person exactly 3.7 more times during our lifespans. If lucky, create a social bubble within the greater ocean of the party with people I know. Become a baby galaxy to the rest of the chaos. If exceptionally lucky, will have 1 other NP type there to talk with. Feel energized from NP if ratio of NPs is greater or equal to 1:5. If unlucky or ratio is unable to be met, leave party drained and drive home with no radio on, cell phone off, and a building anger at everyone who insists on using headlights at night. Consider bringing sunglasses.

N

NPcomplete

3. Pretend that I am out of the country that particular weekend, week, or month.

4. Be excited initially. Then as the day approaches feel annoyed that Future plans are starting to encroach upon the present and get sulky. Day of, contemplate not going at all or faking a car accident. Finally arrive 30 mins late with mild concern over who I will talk to. Pretend to be an extravert enough to traverse the tricky toy strewn path from the front door to wherever the hosts are. Start chatting with people I know. Graduate to chatting with people I don't know and pretend to care about their life when the odds are that I will see this person exactly 3.7 more times during our lifespans. If lucky, create a social bubble within the greater ocean of the party with people I know. Become a baby galaxy to the rest of the chaos. If exceptionally lucky, will have 1 other NP type there to talk with. Feel energized from NP if ratio of NPs is greater or equal to 1:5. If unlucky or ratio is unable to be met, leave party drained and drive home with no radio on, cell phone off, and a building anger at everyone who insists on using headlights at night. Consider bringing sunglasses.

Hahaha I mysteriously catch contagious diseases. :D

I remember when we used to have guests at home, I would organise mini-adventures with my friends and go out for long stretches of time. Rude but I'd do anything to avoid some people. :p

Also I think you're an INFP.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
^ :laugh: [MENTION=13402]Saturned[/MENTION]

Ok, I definitely still believe you're an introvert. You sound a lot like my INFP friend irl. It didn't occur to me that some people might go to fun parties out of obligation instead of for fun until I went to a few with her. :laugh: She would always show up to parties out of obligation, even though she didn't want to go, and this is true with some really cool parties!

I always tell her that people host them because they want their friends to have fun, not to give them another social obligation!! I also try to convince her not to go if she doesn't want to, but it makes her feel terribly guilty, so she always goes anyway. :laugh:

See, I border on introversion, but I know I'm an extrovert because I get excited by social intrraction and feel happy afterwards. #1 describes how I felt about big parties in college, and loved going to as many as possible, even in the middle of the week. To me, an ideal weekend was party and/or bar hopping 2-4 nights in a row.

A

Anew Leaf

Hahaha I mysteriously catch contagious diseases. :D

I remember when we used to have guests at home, I would organise mini-adventures with my friends and go out for long stretches of time. Rude but I'd do anything to avoid some people. :p

Also I think you're an INFP.

Takes one to know one! ;)

wolfy

awsm

I always get E on those questions. The other one too, feel energised as the party goes on? Sure...
I think you are for sure NFP, that's enough for me.

A

Anew Leaf

^ :laugh: [MENTION=13402]Saturned[/MENTION]

Ok, I definitely still believe you're an introvert. You sound a lot like my INFP friend irl. It didn't occur to me that some people might go to fun parties out of obligation instead of for fun until I went to a few with her. :laugh: She would always show up to parties out of obligation, even though she didn't want to go, and this is true with some really cool parties!

I always tell her that people host them because they want their friends to have fun, not to give them another social obligation!! I also try to convince her not to go if she doesn't want to, but it makes her feel terribly guilty, so she always goes anyway. :laugh:

See, I border on introversion, but I know I'm an extrovert because I get excited by social intrraction and feel happy afterwards. #1 describes how I felt about big parties in college, and loved going to as many as possible, even in the middle of the week. To me, an ideal weekend was party and/or bar hopping 2-4 nights in a row.

Haha! I, too, feel guilty if I do not go. The problem is that it is not socially accepted in society to beg off a social obligation under the heading "I'm an introvert."

I cheerfully go weeks without doing things with friends, and then it will randomly occur to me "Hmm, I should see X friend!" One on one or small group, I do much much better with... I will thoroughly enjoy myself and not be as drained.

I do love having dinner parties for my friends, and I aways want people to have a venue to see each other, and I love introducing friends from different groups to each other. The problem is that I then overextend myself and I feel crazy. This summer I had a friend come visit from out of state so I threw a party. I ended up having 12 adults and 3 kids running around my house and small yard. It was chaos. Luckily it was a beautiful day so half the people went outside with kids for a few hours.

For me:

Greatest Enthusiasm................Happy.................................................Neutral...........................
When Idea first appears!..............When people say yes to invite!!.............2 weeks before day

Eh.......................................Meh.............................................................................Look up "How to get Ebola Without Raising Suspicion" on Yahoo
1 week before day...............2 Days before when I buy groceries...............................Day before as I prep food