User Tag List

123 Last

Default Questioning My Type...Again

Yes, I am seriously questioning my type. Again. After I just said I was 99% sure about my type. You guys are probably getting tired of this by now. I'm sorry I'm so indecisive. Anyways, this time I'm considering the possibility of being a type 9, so here are some points about myself that may be relevant:

-I'm extremely agreeable (I consistently score in the 90's on agreeableness)
    -I often refrain from expressing my opinion when I believe it could cause conflict or make people dislike me
    -I'm perfectly capable of expressing my opinion or being assertive when I need to be, especially for someone else's sake
    -I can't stand it when I think someone may dislike me or have the wrong impression of me
    -I almost never experience anger
    -I make an effort to maintain positive opinions of everyone all the time (or to make sure I never think badly of anyone)
    -I am extremely introspective and am very aware of my thoughts as well as my emotional state
    -I have a strong need to find myself and be authentic
    -I feel as though I'm never authentic enough (I've noticed I tend to act differently around different people)
    -I'm not afraid of experiencing negative emotions (and sometimes I've even intensified them)
    -The type 4 descriptions and levels of development fit me almost perfectly (although I'm not as dramatic, moody, and temperamental as most 4's)
    -The type 9 descriptions and levels of development fit me pretty well (although I'm not nearly as conflict aversive and self-effacing as 9's are described)
    -I'm not sure how strong a sense of self I have (I think I have a strong sense of self, but I can't be sure because it's in my nature to be self-doubting)
    -I relate to 4's integration to 1 but not the disintegration to 2
    -I relate to 9's integration to 3 and disintegration to 6
    -I relate very much to 9's passion of the sloth (I get extremely lazy when I'm unhealthy and procrastinate on everything I don't feel like doing)
    -I don't always go along with what others want and have no problem saying 'no' when I don't feel like doing something (and I've never had a problem with this)
    -I have a hard time disagreeing with others, and when I do disagree, I usually do it in a way that makes it almost sound as though I'm agreeing with them (well, I think this, but you could still be right, and I do agree with this other thing you mentioned)
    -I feel that I am missing something essential that others seem to have (well, I did, though not so much now, maybe a little)
    -I used to be prone to melancholy, brooding, and intensifying negative feelings (not anymore, now that I'm healthy)

Glycerine

Why not just try it out to see if the shoe fits. That's what I did and do you have any close friends who would be willing to read through descriptions w/ you?

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Why not just try it out to see if the shoe fits.
    Yeah, I might do that. Thanks for the advice.

That's what I did and do you have any close friends who would be willing to read through descriptions w/ you?
    Unfortunately, no. But I'm sure everyone who knows me irl would see me more as a 9 because I'm so pleasant and agreeable.

Glycerine

I would go w/ 9 then. There's a vast difference between the two ime. lol

I would go w/ 9 then. There's a vast difference between the two ime. lol
    I'm not special anymore? This could take some getting used to...

Glycerine

You are a special snowflake.... that's what you are.

You are a special snowflake.... that's what you are.
    Yay! I'm special!

(You know I was just joking though, right?)

Glycerine

haha, the special snowflake was supposed to be kinda ironic.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Some INTPs can be Type 9s - Ansel Adams was a famous real-life example.

For what it's worth, you seem to have a "softer" edge than quite a few NTs in this site.

Glycerine

macguffin is one.