• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My ennea-type?

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've recently taken some enneagram tests. They seem convinced that I'm either a 6w7 or a 4w3. Most of my life I've tested as an INFP but from time to time I test as an ENFP. Recently I've been testing as an ENTJ, but I'm jobless so I assume that the constant state of stress is causing me to exhibit my shadow type. I am considerably more outgoing and gregarious and willfully aggressive and openly opinionated than any INFP description, however I am usually content to spend an evening with friends twice a week and be by myself or with one person for the rest of the time. Words people (friends, acquaintances, and family) use to describe me are, in no particular order: kind, diligent, smart, brave, worldly, giving, empathetic, artistic, multicultural. I would say negatives are over emotional, distracted, unsure of self, fearful, worried, procrastinator, unmotivated, unwilling to appear in vulnerable, suspicious of others motivations, hopeful pessimist.
I'm fairly certain my variant is Social/self-preservation/sexual.

Help me out here. What Ennea-type do you think I am? Have I gotten my type wrong? What about my MBTI type, that's right, right?

Silveresque

Your enneatype isn't about adjectives and characteristics, it's about your motivations and fears, how you react to stress, and what you need to grow. Everything else is dependent on the specific individual, not necessarily the type. Here are some good links I'd recommend (the levels of development are the most useful part):

http://sites.google.com/site/upatel8/personalitytype4
http://sites.google.com/site/upatel8/personalitytype6

And as for the MBTI type, I don't have enough information to say whether you're an introvert or extrovert, but being content to be by yourself or with only one other person does not necessarily make you an introvert. There are plenty of extroverts who enjoy some alone time.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
And as for the MBTI type, I don't have enough information to say whether you're an introvert or extrovert, but being content to be by yourself or with only one other person does not necessarily make you an introvert. There are plenty of extroverts who enjoy some alone time.

:yes: I hear this is especially common among ENFPs and ENTPs.