• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"Oh WAAAAAHHH, you're not an INFJ!"

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hence, label switching

Label switching is just a symptom of Ne :) Not to be taken seriously- label switching has a label in itself!

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't see your point

Why make numerous threads asking people about your enneagram type? Enneagram is also another label we stick onto ourselves; we give ourselves a number and call it a day.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why make numerous threads asking people about your enneagram type? Enneagram is also another label we stick onto ourselves; we give ourselves a number and call it a day.

so one can know their natural strengths and weaknesses, but alas, I believe I've reached a conclusion with 7w8.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
so one can know their natural strengths and weaknesses, but alas, I believe I've reached a conclusion with 7w8.

Based on other people's perception of you?

*sniggers*

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Based on other people's perception of you?
*sniggers*

no. typology is a look into the different ways people operate, though I do feel like I'm prolonged it for the sake of intellectual masturbation and could have been sure of my type much sooner. people are inherently different. an ESFJ and an INTJ are just not going to ever operate the same way. they can get along, they can do the same things, they can grow to understand each other better, but they will always have completely different fundamental ways of seeing the world and acting on it

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
no. typology is a look into the different ways people operate, though I do feel like I'm prolonged it for the sake of intellectual masturbation and could have been sure of my type much sooner. people are inherently different. an ESFJ and an INTJ are just not going to ever operate the same way. they can get along, they can do the same things, they can grow to understand each other better, but they will always have completely different fundamental ways of seeing the world and acting on it - irrelevant

What has the underlined got to do with label whoring as discussed earlier?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What has the underlined got to do with label whoring as discussed earlier?

it has to do with your belief that MBTI is an illegitimate system designed to put people in boxes. it isn't

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sorry if this sounds rude (which it probably will) but I can't help wondering if you really do think you're INFJ, or if this whole exercise is just a big wind-up to see how far we'll all go in considering that unlikely possibility.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sorry if this sounds rude (which it probably will) but I can't help wondering if you really do think you're INFJ, or if this whole exercise is just a big wind-up to see how far we'll all go in considering that unlikely possibility.

Well as I explained earlier, it's one of the only logical possibiliities, since I'm a Fe user and a Ni user, but not Se-dom, Fe-dom or an ISTP.

Two, I had to create this thread to get everyone to shaddup about my type in other unrelated threads.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well as I explained earlier, it's one of the only logical possibiliities, since I'm a Fe user and a Ni user, but not Se-dom, Fe-dom or an ISTP.

Two, I had to create this thread to get everyone to shaddup about my type in other unrelated threads.

It's just that you don't come across as an INFJ at all - I mean, not even the tiniest bit - I think that's what everyone is getting at. Either in the way you express yourself, or your life choices (from what I've read in other threads) etc.

I'm not sure about your function order, but perhaps logic is being over-applied. ;)

Jaguar

Well there's no denying that I'm an ENP. But I'm not positive on the 4th letter.

I always test as a very strong T.... I don't think there's been a single time I've gotten less than 80% T. It's true, I prefer to judge things objectively (which pisses people off when they want me to automatically side with them just because we're friends). And I'm more task-oriented than people-oriented (though I'm still an E). I'm really not the romantic sort at all, nor do I really care to "nurture" others. If someone asks me for an opinion, I don't mince words...I'm blunt, because to me, they're asking me for a truth, not for a canned compliment.

I know I've got an Ne-excess, but that's just as applicable to ENFPs. I thought that ENFPs would be more likely to go off on long tangents.

Since my temporary introvertedness was influenced by my embarrassment

OK ok, fine, ENTP it is.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/what-s-my-type/33928-so-am-i-enfp.html