User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    GONE

Keke... This wasnt quite what I imagined but glad I could help @mrcockburn

You know you sound even more ESTP in your OP than those Other threads right? :lAugh:

I would love to hear how you internally process the world and how people perceive you IRL. I only know older INFJs and the 1 INFJ i knew in college was and is very quiet and more ijscrutable than you come off on the forum. Its just anecdotal but I want to hear moar!
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

The main reason I doubt you are a real INFJ is because of your misunderstandings in this thread http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...9904&p=1644550 , and in this post in particular. Typing yourself as what you are like when at your worst is at best the opposite of what personality types are about and at worse self-destructive, because then all it takes for you to become most you is total mental breakdown.

But if you are finally typing yourself by who you are at your best, I would take it more seriously. Ask yourself honestly, "am I primarily an introverted intuitive?" "what positive aspects of extraverted feeling do I display on a regular basis?"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Uwace View Post
    I know of an INFJ that posts like you on PerN. She's INFJ 8w9 something/something, but she's a bit more abrasive.

They wanted to call her ESFP based on her posts but you know what? Screw the haters; be INFJ hur dur.
    Aileen is not an INFJ, either.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Mr.Cockburn's motives for typing herself as INFJ seem to stem from her learning to placate people in business in order to achieve tactical ends, which screams either Se or Te to me, not Fe.

Essentially she's either tapped into her tert Fe as an ExTP (they usually learn to use it for people-manipulating purposes first) or she's mistaken that she's actually using pseudo-Fe to achieve her Fi/Te ends.

Motives are not Fe at all.

Behavior screams Pe, not Pi.

That's all I have to say. I believe it's obvious.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

INFJ certainly seems to be the number one type that a lot of people using very dubious reasoning glom onto. I still don't understand why, honestly.

It's not as glamorous as you think. We tend to be hypersensitive and obsessive, people think we can be taken advantage of, we're prone to depression, we freak out when people misunderstand us, and we suffer too much from "always right" syndrome and the like. We're not really snowflake-y psychics. It's interesting, but it's not a barrel of laughs.

Seriously people, just because it's supposed to be the rarest type doesn't make it the Holy Grail.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I have a hard time believing it just from the way you interact in the forum.

INFJ's tend to be quieter - yes we can be rowdy, but it isn't "normal" - the phrase "still waters run deep" I think applies to the INFJ in particular. We also tend to be very honest in our communication methods, and excel at written communication - here I can best organize my thoughts, and say exactly what I mean

So for me, the way I type reflects my personality "at rest" as it were - yes, I can definitely be more extroverted, and depending on what is said in a thread I may reflect different attitudes.

But you seem rather.. over the top, for an INFJ.

I have a hard time reconciling your style of writing with that of an INFJ - you can run a simple comparison yourself. Look at some of Silk Road's, Z Buck McFate's, Lily Flower's or my posts - any of the INFJ's on this site really. You'll notice a lot of similarities.

And your posts stand out in stark contrast to them. Not similar at all. Granted, INFJ's do learn to be more careful about how they present themselves, but it's rare for someone to be that complete of an actor as to represent themselves as something entirely different. More to the point, it's draining to "act" differently, and as the internet bears no recriminations, it's not harmful to be honest - that's one of the things I like MOST about this site.

So for the above reason. I would submit that you are not an INFJ.

It's not an exclusive club; it's not because we want to keep you out :P

It's because it seems obvious that your niche is elsewhere.
    Last edited by Wanderer; 09-15-2011 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Dropped a period. Had to fix. *Twitch. Twitch*

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    INFJ certainly seems to be the number one type that a lot of people using very dubious reasoning glom onto. I still don't understand why, honestly.

It's not as glamorous as you think. We tend to be hypersensitive and obsessive, people think we can be taken advantage of, we're prone to depression, we freak out when people misunderstand us, and we suffer too much from "always right" syndrome and the like. We're not really snowflake-y psychics. It's interesting, but it's not a barrel of laughs.

Seriously people, just because it's supposed to be the rarest type doesn't make it the Holy Grail.
    THIS.

The thtern, falthe prophet ith here to thave the day!

Violaine, fidelia, cascadeco are three female INFJs that come to mind. Now if we were to add sircockburn to this list, does the pattern hold?

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post

I wanted to be INFJ for awhile, but then I realized almost everything I thought was characteristic of INFJ was really INFP
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

INFJs strike me as some of the most private, guarded people, with a definite mind toward either getting along with others, or if not, of at least a certain measure of decorum, somehow. Even the ones who seem darker or edgier are this way.

I'm not against Cockburn being INFJ because she's not proper enough or nice enough or something ridiculous like that...it's just that doesn't fit the pattern at all, even to be a "meaner" INFJ or something.