• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why I Am Not An ENTP

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
As usual, it's easier to pin what you're not, than what you are.

So, without much ado, you're not ESTJ or ENTJ. But you do strike me as some form of xNxP. One thing I have observed is that every time you retype yourself, your written "personality" changes to adapt to potential type.

Does his writing seem Ne or Ni to you?

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=9552]ReflecTcelfeR[/MENTION]: after reading a great book, would you rather reflect upon what it means as a whole, or think of what would make a good sequel to it? Or is there something else you already have in mind that you would like to do with it? Add short explanation :)

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^Like he's almost bilingual, right? It might be that he talks with a strong Ti voice sometimes..

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
How do you guys interpret all these adaptations/personality changes through his writing (honest question)?

I guess I'm just bad at this.

As for my guess: I think ur kewl mayn. :D

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
^Like he's almost bilingual, right? It might be that he talks with a strong Ti voice sometimes..

True! Maybe he's Ne but used to communicating with someone Ni? I dunno....

How do you guys interpret all these adaptations/personality changes through his writing (honest question)?

I guess I'm just bad at this.

As for my guess: I think ur kewl mayn. :D

Well I'm fairly new at the whole function analysis thing. For a long time, I was just looking at it from an MBTI perspective. But not too long ago there was a long thread about Ni vs Ne that had some good insight on Ni vs Ne. I think I'm starting to get a better understanding of some of the other functions, too.

I used to think function theory was mostly BS, but now that I'm learning more about it, it does seem to hold good insight about some things.

G

Glycerine

He definitely reminds me more of the ENTP guys than the ENTJ guys around here. Subdued nature reminds me a bit of Synarch and the zenlike buddhist-ish ENTP (I forgot his name) with a bit of the common silliness/randomness of the other ENTPs. I think of reflect as kind of like the male version of lunaluminosity. But of course, you could be any type you want to be! :D

Noon

He definitely reminds me more of the ENTP guys than the ENTJ guys around here. Subdued nature reminds me a bit of Synarch and the zenlike buddhist-ish ENTP (I forgot his name) with a bit of the common silliness/randomness of the other ENTPs. I think of reflect as kind of like the male version of lunaluminosity. But of course, you could be any type you want to be! :D

This is it exactly. I always think "really introspective ENTP" because he's so subdued and thoughtful. And I think a lot of people expect ENTPs to be hyperactive like e7s or argumentative & prickly like...whatever it is that makes prickly ENTPs prickly :alttongue:. But he vibes ENTP, and does still have the NP randomness.

If not ENTP though, I could see ENFJ.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is it exactly. I always think "really introspective ENTP" because he's so subdued and thoughtful. And I think a lot of people expect ENTPs to be hyperactive like e7s or argumentative & prickly like...whatever it is that makes prickly ENTPs prickly :alttongue:. But he vibes ENTP, and does still have the NP randomness.

If not ENTP though, I could see ENFJ.

Agreed...that's why I could buy him as an ENFJ. There's something calmer/gentler about him than the average ENTP.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You're so INTP, stop denying your nature! That whole essay you wrote was spun from Ti gold. :biggrin:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In my view, what you point out is a severe limitation in the MBTI perspective on personality that's built into the system. There are no middle grounds for any of the eight categories.

You wrote, "I want control, but I won't just grasp control unless someone else allows me or says they don't want it." I've been reading up on FIRO-B, and that statement belongs with the Control category. But that could be Supine or Phlegmatic Control, it's hard for me to say. Wikipedia says, "The Phlegmatic also is peaceful at heart, and is one reason the Phlegmatic had held the place in the older four temperament model the Supine holds in the five temperament model. The difference is that the Supine is more "needy" for acceptance (or control) from people, yet less able to initiate and express this need to them than the Phlegmatic. Supines are often frustrated because they expect people to know they want interaction, while the Phlegmatic expresses a moderate need, and wants only the same moderate amount in return." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Temperaments The same page also says the Supine has low self-esteem.

As for your MBTI, it's hard to tell your type with such a broken system as that. There is the Keirsey FourTypes Sorter, this one helps determine the second letter more efficiently than Keirsey's temperament sorter. (That's not quite what it does, but it is more of a quick and easy test.) It costs 45 cents at http://career-lifeskills.com/type-temperament-13/keirsey-four-types-sorter-the-11-753.html

For example, question 1 says,

I'd rather study
a. arts & crafts
b. literature & humanities
c. business & financing
d. science & engineering

G

Glycerine

Another way to spin it is "What makes you think you are ENTP?"

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Everyone, thank you for your responses. I'm on a phone so I I won't begin replying yet.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Have you been on the phone for 3 days? :tongue:

Hahaha, I tried to get my life in order before I got on here. Had a Calculus test to take, which was much more important at the moment.

Now onto responding. Gonna read again :) I'll respond tonight sometime. So many things to do!

A

Anew Leaf

Hahaha, I tried to get my life in order before I got on here. Had a Calculus test to take, which was much more important at the moment.

Now onto responding. Gonna read again :) I'll respond tonight sometime. So many things to do!

P.S. You are such a P it is ridiculous. ;)

I still stand fast to my original vibe of ENTP and unless you get a tattoo proving you are another type, I shall believe this to my grave.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
P.S. You are such a P it is ridiculous. ;)

I still stand fast to my original vibe of ENTP and unless you get a tattoo proving you are another type, I shall believe this to my grave.

I'm starting to think so, too. :laugh:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
entp fits for me too but maybe i should the reasons that you don't think so

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
okay...just seconds in but it really doesn't sound like ne speak [MENTION=13844]redcheerio[/MENTION]!!