Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    That's why I said only in snippets. And OK, the ENTJs I know of, I know online. We have a few ENTJs on the ENTP forum. ENFJ was probably the wrong comparison.

What I meant was that they seem to have good enough social skills to rise quickly at work. They seem to be a very successful type to be. A few of them have confessed to sucking up to the bosses, as they see that as an important necessity for success at work. ENTPs, on the other hand, understand the importance of social skills, but often stubbornly refuse to accept it because it grates almost offensively against Ti's desire for and value of pure logic, often until they're over 35 or 40 yo. However, ENTPs who develop their Fe don't have quite the same problem accepting the importance of social skills.

There's a good chance I'm wrong anyway, since he doesn't really strike me as ENTJ. His explanation just sounded Ni to me, and ENTJ was the closest fit to everything else he described. Then again, he doesn't strike me as any of the other types he listed, either, so I'm at a loss, sorry.
    no need to apologize
    anyway, the bolded actually looks more like Fi or enneagram 8 (in my case 7w8). not sucking up to your boss has more to do with "I will never do that because it goes against my integrity" or "never! I do it my way!" ENTPs I've noticed are a little more down for a little social/emotional manipulation, it's really them I could see being more confused with ENFJs than ENTJs. this is just based off of the people I've seen though.
    also, this can have to do with being an enneagram 3 and caring about success over power. the ENTJs you mentioned were probably 3w4s
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I'm going to guess ENTJ. I had to force myself to read your explanations (no offence) even though they sound logical and intuitive, which probably means Ni. I grasp Ne immediately even by speed-reading, but Ni takes work for me to read. (I'm strong to extreme with Ne).

ENTJs can sometimes come across as ENFJs, but only in snippets. It's part of the reason they are often very successful - they are very organized, but they also can have great social skills.

I'm not a typology expert, though, so I could be wrong.

Edit: Here's a question for you - how important is efficiency to you? Not just at work, but in everything you do?
    haha ni is the same way for me too...it written in a different speed or something and it's hard for me sync up.

no response to the op tho...haven't yet read it haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    no need to apologize

anyway, the bolded actually looks more like Fi or enneagram 8 (in my case 7w8). not sucking up to your boss has more to do with "I will never do that because it goes against my integrity" or "never! I do it my way!" ENTPs I've noticed are a little more down for a little social/emotional manipulation, it's really them I could see being more confused with ENFJs than ENTJs. this is just based off of the people I've seen though.
    also, this can have to do with being an enneagram 3 and caring about success over power. the ENTJs you mentioned were probably 3w4s
    Actually, I think Ti and Fi can sometimes be confused for this reason.

But if you hang out on any ENTP forum for any length of time, you'll see ENTPs love to complain about having to suck up to bosses and people at work. They want logic and intelligence to be the only important factors in the workplace, since it is what they themselves value most. Most ENTPs, especially young ones, haaaaaaate the necessity to consider people's feelings when it contradicts logic. People seeking emotional validation of ideas that they can't explain logically look stupid to young ENTPs, and it makes young ENTPs angry and frustrated to have to deal with that all the time in day-to-day life. They want to speak the truth according to their view of it, according to logic.

This Ti desire to speak the truth sounds like Fi in a meta description of it, but when you see it in action, it looks very different than Fi.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Actually, I think Ti and Fi can sometimes be confused for this reason.

But if you hang out on any ENTP forum for any length of time, you'll see ENTPs love to complain about having to suck up to bosses and people at work. They want logic and intelligence to be the only important factors in the workplace, since it is what they themselves value most. Most ENTPs, especially young ones, haaaaaaate the necessity to consider people's feelings when it contradicts logic. People seeking emotional validation of ideas that they can't explain logically look stupid to young ENTPs, and it makes young ENTPs angry and frustrated to have to deal with that all the time in day-to-day life. They want to speak the truth according to their view of it, according to logic.

This Ti desire to speak the truth sounds like Fi in a meta description of it, but when you see it in action, it looks very different than Fi.
    interesting, it appears this applies to Fi, Te and Ti. I'm ENFP and I would definitely complain about having to suck up to my boss. it just lacks integrity and I place high value in directness and honesty
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    haha ni is the same way for me too...it written in a different speed or something and it's hard for me sync up.
    Yep, that's it for me, too!

no response to the op tho...haven't yet read it haha
    ...because it's taking some work to sync up and read it?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    interesting, it appears this applies to Fi, Te and Ti. I'm ENFP and I would definitely complain about having to suck up to my boss. it just lacks integrity and I place high value in directness and honesty
    Yep, ENTPs do, too. But ENTP honesty is based in Ti instead of Fi; logic instead of values. Yet Ti and Fi seem to tie together because Ti values logic.

Edit: ENTP forced to spend effort on anything they consider illogical and unfun ->

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

...because it's taking some work to sync up and read it?
    haha no... i'm just suffering from short attention span atm
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

haha no... i'm just suffering from short attention span atm
    I have short attention span probs with long Ni explanations, so thought that might have been what was happening with you.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Ne and Ni really are like different languages. There's a certain flow that arises when the languages match up. But weirdly my detection of this isn't working so well with you.... it's like you are bilingual But you have to have a single native lanugage somewhere....

If you are ESTJ..... the Te/Ne loop thing might look appealing, but I would doubt that you could be an ESTJ even in those circumstances if your Si isn't even moderately high.

If you are ENTJ.... you would almost surely be primarily choleric in temperament, even if mixed with some other stuff, and you would have to have a pretty strong Ni-side to claim something along the lines that there is no objectivity.

I'm also not getting the way that you are describing the intuitive functions (maybe that in itself says something). The way you see Ne seems somewhat accurate but it's so abstracted as to be almost unrecognizable And of course objects are just objects, and once you run out of ways to play with them, the attachment is gone and they are boring again.

In summary:

As usual, it's easier to pin what you're not, than what you are.

So, without much ado, you're not ESTJ or ENTJ. But you do strike me as some form of xNxP. One thing I have observed is that every time you retype yourself, your written "personality" changes to adapt to potential type.