• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ISFP? INFP? Something else entirely?

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
When I first got into typology, I was absolutely certain that I was a thinking type of some sort, with INTJ being the the most likely candidate. Now, I'm not so sure.

The more I think about it, the more I realize that I'm incredibly strong in Fi, and far more attached to it than the average INTJ. Also, I don't tend to have such an obvious show of Te. Now I'm wondering-am I an INTJ in a sort of Ni-Fi loop? Or an ISFP with a well developed tert Ni? Or even an INFP?

Thoughts, anyone? Or is more information needed?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When I first got into typology, I was absolutely certain that I was a thinking type of some sort, with INTJ being the the most likely candidate. Now, I'm not so sure.

The more I think about it, the more I realize that I'm incredibly strong in Fi, and far more attached to it than the average INTJ. Also, I don't tend to have such an obvious show of Te. Now I'm wondering-am I an INTJ in a sort of Ni-Fi loop? Or an ISFP with a well developed tert Ni? Or even an INFP?

Thoughts, anyone? Or is more information needed?

http://tap3x.net/indicators/5level2a.html
http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm

The second test will grade your preferences on all 8 functions, and then gives 3 types to choose from. The first test tells you whether or not your type is actually found on the MBTI based on its false assumption that every INT who prefers Ni has to be a J type. So your type could be "something else entirely" that's not even found on the 'map.'

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How exactly would you classify your Fi? How do you use your Te and other relevant functions? What's your strong and weak points?

Silveresque

How's your Ti? INTP's often have strong Fi because it's similar to their dominant function, Ti. Just a thought, anyways.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
How exactly would you classify your Fi? How do you use your Te and other relevant functions? What's your strong and weak points?

I classify my Fi as the passion behind the Ni system, the heart that really holds it together. The Te I use more as a supplement than anything, to prod at my gut feelings and check my standpoints on issues.

Strong points: Being able to come up with reasons why my very Fi-based, knee jerk standpoints on certain issues can be bad things, and impractical.

Weak points: Actually getting myself to believe in it when my logic tells me my feelings are leading me astray. It feels...out of sync.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I classify my Fi as the passion behind the Ni system, the heart that really holds it together. The Te I use more as a supplement than anything, to prod at my gut feelings and check my standpoints on issues.

Strong points: Being able to come up with reasons why my very Fi-based, knee jerk standpoints on certain issues can be bad things, and impractical.

Weak points: Actually getting myself to believe in it when my logic tells me my feelings are leading me astray. It feels...out of sync.

Sounds like INTJ, although it is also possible that you may be ISFP; the Ni+Fi combo seems fairly clear. What are your thoughts regarding your Se?

BAJ

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Did you ever take the MBTI?

How did you get into typology?

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Sounds like INTJ, although it is also possible that you may be ISFP; the Ni+Fi combo seems fairly clear. What are your thoughts regarding your Se?

Se...I really couldn't say. I don't identify with it much, but also certainly don't go around banging off walls like some people around here claim to. That may be a result of forced practice more than anything, as I am involved with art and did martial arts for many years.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Se...I really couldn't say. I don't identify with it much, but also certainly don't go around banging off walls like some people around here claim to. That may be a result of forced practice more than anything, as I am involved with art and did martial arts for many years.

That might nock ISFP out of the question, which means INFP is probably likely.

In which case now, I must ask, what are your thoughts regarding your Ne? :D

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
That might nock ISFP out of the question, which means INFP is probably likely.

In which case now, I must ask, what are your thoughts regarding your Ne? :D

I am the worst brainstormer in the history of universe. I will sit for hours at a time trying to come up with idea for something, but nope, nada. And then out of nowhere, the answer comes to me, when I'm good and tired and frustrated and pretty much ready to give up.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am the worst brainstormer in the history of universe. I will sit for hours at a time trying to come up with idea for something, but nope, nada. And then out of nowhere, the answer comes to me, when I'm good and tired and frustrated and pretty much ready to give up.

Almost sounds like Ni, :thinking: although I'm an Ne user and it can take me quite a while of time before I actually need to think of something (when I don't need an idea for something though, when I imagine and daydream for fun, that's when I get all kinds of crazy ideas and whatnot.).

R

Riva

Any person of any type could have doubts regarding their type, but an INTJ would know he/she is an INTJ for sure. There are no doubts. It's amazing how decisive they are of themselves.

ISTJs, ISTPs and INfJs might confuse themselves to be INTJs. But that is a different story.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
[MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION] Yeah, that's why I initially figured I might not be INTJ. Because I was open to the possibility that I'm not an INTJ. But the thing was, for the longest time, I WAS 110% certain that I was an INTJ. It was only very recently, after reading more in-depth on Fi that I doubted it.

[MENTION=5489]shortnsweet[/MENTION] No Fe, that's why. It's my achilles heel. I don't understand it.

Oh, and by the way, the cognitive funtions tests tend to shake out to be:
Ni>Te=Fi>Ne>Ti>Se>Fe>Si