I've been reading about MBTI types and cognitive functions off and on for about a year now, but I'm having problems figuring out which one is me. I do have an idea, but I'm not stating it here so as not to inject bias.
So here's some information about me:
- I am a 25/m.
- I am an introvert.
- I enjoy talking about concepts, theories, and other abstract ideas. I enjoy coming up with my own theories and ideas also.
- I have a tendency to forget previous obligations (such as starting dinner, picking people up, etc) because I have gotten interested in something else and that has consumed my attention.
- I operate in my own time zone and don't see what's so bad about showing up 5 minutes late to something. Isn't being close to on time good enough?
- I don't tend to empathize with the problems of others unless I experience their situation with them or have experienced something similar before. I feel like I need to be connected to it in some way and have a stake in the situation before I can empathize.
- Sometimes though I'll feel sorry for some inanimate object, like that last banana that is all brown and mushy that no one ate and gets thrown in the trash. I don't tell anyone this though since they would undoubtedly harass me about it to no end.
- I'm not a very present oriented person. Usually I'm dreaming about the future and forget to enjoy the present.
- I have a tendency to think I'm right most of the time. I'm getting better about not expressing this "confidence" though and being open to other viewpoints.
- If I'm convinced of something though it takes a lot for me to rescind that judgement.
- I feel guided by my values. They help me to figure out what's worth doing. I won't do something if I don't see the value or benefit to it.
I'll stop there for now so this doesn't turn into a big giant wall of text that no one will read.
If you have any more questions feel free to ask.