User Tag List

Thread: What am I...?

Question What am I...?

Hey all.

I've been reading about MBTI types and cognitive functions off and on for about a year now, but I'm having problems figuring out which one is me. I do have an idea, but I'm not stating it here so as not to inject bias.

So here's some information about me:

- I am a 25/m.
    - I am an introvert.
    - I enjoy talking about concepts, theories, and other abstract ideas. I enjoy coming up with my own theories and ideas also.
    - I have a tendency to forget previous obligations (such as starting dinner, picking people up, etc) because I have gotten interested in something else and that has consumed my attention.
    - I operate in my own time zone and don't see what's so bad about showing up 5 minutes late to something. Isn't being close to on time good enough?
    - I don't tend to empathize with the problems of others unless I experience their situation with them or have experienced something similar before. I feel like I need to be connected to it in some way and have a stake in the situation before I can empathize.
    - Sometimes though I'll feel sorry for some inanimate object, like that last banana that is all brown and mushy that no one ate and gets thrown in the trash. I don't tell anyone this though since they would undoubtedly harass me about it to no end.
    - I'm not a very present oriented person. Usually I'm dreaming about the future and forget to enjoy the present.
    - I have a tendency to think I'm right most of the time. I'm getting better about not expressing this "confidence" though and being open to other viewpoints.
    - If I'm convinced of something though it takes a lot for me to rescind that judgement.
    - I feel guided by my values. They help me to figure out what's worth doing. I won't do something if I don't see the value or benefit to it.

I'll stop there for now so this doesn't turn into a big giant wall of text that no one will read.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ToEP View Post
    Hey all.
    - I don't tend to empathize with the problems of others unless I experience their situation with them or have experienced something similar before. I feel like I need to be connected to it in some way and have a stake in the situation before I can empathize.
    - Sometimes though I'll feel sorry for some inanimate object, like that last banana that is all brown and mushy that no one ate and gets thrown in the trash. I don't tell anyone this though since they would undoubtedly harass me about it to no end.
    - I'm not a very present oriented person. Usually I'm dreaming about the future and forget to enjoy the present.
    - I have a tendency to think I'm right most of the time. I'm getting better about not expressing this "confidence" though and being open to other viewpoints.
    - If I'm convinced of something though it takes a lot for me to rescind that judgement.
    - I feel guided by my values. They help me to figure out what's worth doing. I won't do something if I don't see the value or benefit to it.

I'll stop there for now so this doesn't turn into a big giant wall of text that no one will read.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.
    INxP. I think I, N, and P are pretty clear. I'm not sure on the T/F but leaning more towards INFP.

I think INFPs are more like to describe themselves as value driven and to admit they empathize with some inanimate object.

I think being convinced of something and taking a while to rescind that judgement sounds like a dominant Ji function. With INFP you have dominant Fi, so you have values that are hard to shake. With INTP its dominant Ti with firm principles.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5sp

I completely agree with SuchIrony. INxP, leaning towards INFP.
    I got my smile from the sunshine,
    I got my tears from the rain.
    I learned to dance when I saw a tiger prance,
    And a peacock taught me to be vain.
    A little owl in a tree so high,
    He taught me how to wink my eye.
    I learned to bill and coo from a turtledove,
    And a grizzly bear taught me how to hug.
    But the guy that lived two caves from me,
    He taught me how to love.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by ToEP View Post
    This doesn't strike me as Fi, especially not when paired with Ne. The inanimate object part almost strikes me as inferior feeling....

How do you determine your values?
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/9
    Socionics
    ???

I have method of finding people's "true type" by voice. Send me a link of either a video or voice recording of yourself (you could just PM it to me) if you are interested.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I'd say INTP; the whole 'unable to empathize unless I've experinced that situation personally' seems to be tertiary-inferior Si/Fe combo at work. Ti can also be about values, although it's more of a subjective logical framework; like internal principles.

Enneagram 5; not sure on wing, tri-type, or varients. More information would be needed.

Also welcome to the forums

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    I'd say INTP; the whole 'unable to empathize unless I've experinced that situation personally' seems to be tertiary-inferior Si/Fe combo at work. Ti can also be about values, although it's more of a subjective logical framework; like internal principles.
    Agreed. You seem very INTP, ToEp.