• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TG's Typing Thread

Vizzy

Enneagram
5w4
I don't know how much time I will have to put into this thread. The rules are, please don't read anyone elses answers until you have submitted your contribution. Then feel free to type others as well.

Okay this is supposed to take the mbti question and add a new interpretive way of typing people from them.

What YOU do:

1) Post the mbti questions for whatever test you take.

2) In one sentence, rephrase the question in your own words, as you read the question.

3) In one sentence, provide a brief explination for your answer.

To score, you do not look at the answer itself, you look at the function used to answer the question. Note the function used. At the end, tally up what you believed the functions were. 8-Te, 3-Ne, etc.

Put the functions in order from most to least, and that's the type.

Over and out.

This sounds interesting enough. I wouldn't mind giving it a go, but what would be REALLY helpful is if you gave us a set of questions first. :)

T

ThatGirl

I'll type up the keirsey questions this weekend if I can find my book.

Jaguar

Which would be worse, to have your head in the clouds or be stuck in a rut?

For kicks, as I was making coffee this morning I asked my brother that question.
He said, "Only an asshole would answer such a stupid question."

My family is a tough jury. :biggrin:

T

ThatGirl

Alright these are thirty five out of seventy questions from Please Understand Me II. I thought we should start small.

1)Do you feel better about

coming to closure
keeping your options open

2)Are you more comfortable in making

value judgments
critical judgments

3)Would you say you are more

serious and determined
easy going

4)With people are you usually more

gentle than firm
firm than gentle

5)Do you usually want things

just penciled in
settled and decided

6)Is it easier for you to

identify with others
put others to good use

7)Are you inclined to be more

leisurely than hurried
hurried than leisurely

8)In stories, do you prefer

action and adventure
fantasy and heroism

9)Do you tend to choose

somewhat impulsively
rather carefully

10)Are you drawn more to

overtones
fundamentals

11)Do you prefer to work

just whenever
to deadlines

12)Do you prize in yourself

a strong hold on reality
a vivid imagination

13)When finishing a job, do you like to

move on to something else
tie up all loose ends

14)Are you more inclined to feel
somewhat removed
down to earth

15)In most situations are you more

deliberate than spontaneous
spontaneous than deliberate

16)Are you more likely to trust

your experiences
your conceptions

17)Are you prone to

exploring the possibilities
nailing things down

18)Do you more often see

what's right in front of you
what can only be imagined

19)Do you more often prefer

final unalterable statements
tentative preliminary statements

20)Are you inclined to take what is said

more literally
more figuratively

21)On the job, do you want your activities

unscheduled
scheduled

22)Do you speak more in

particulars than generalities
generalities than particulars

23)Are you more satisfied having

a finished product
work in progress

24)Are you more frequently

a fanciful sort of person
a practical sort of person

25)Do you prefer contracts to be

settled on a handshake
signed, sealed, and delivered

26)Children often do not

exercise their fantasy enough
make themselves useful enough

27)Is it your way to

pick and choose at some length
make up your mind quickly

28)Common sense is

usually reliable
frequently questionable

29)Is clutter in the work place something you

tolerate pretty well
take time to straighten up

30)Do you find visionaries and theorists

rather fascinating
somewhat annoying

31)Do you see yourself as basically

thin-skinned
thick-skinned

32)Facts

illustrate principles
speak for themselves

33)Which do you wish more for yourself

strength of emotion
strength of will

34)Do you like writers who

say what they mean
use metaphors and symbolism

35)Are you swayed more by

a touching appeal
convincing evidence

Jaguar

I'm going to start a thread entitled: Stupid test questions that insult the intelligence. :biggrin:

T

ThatGirl

Did you read the thread?!?! Lol!

Its not about the questions. People can answer whatever they want. Hell, if they want to post how they interpret Teen Magazine's How Good Are You in Bed quiz, it wouldn't make a difference.

Jaguar

Wait . . is it . . yes, no, yes . . . it is. Hot damn! She's getting a sense of humor! :yesss:

T

ThatGirl

You know, YOU GUYS REALLY SUCK AT THIS GAME!

*goes to pout in a corner*

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I don't even understand what's going on in this thread ;_;

I need nap time.

Vizzy

Enneagram
5w4
35 questions is a bit too much...I was expecting 10. I mean, we have to write 2 sentences for each, right? That'd be 70...:horor:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just picked the first 15 questions from one of the most accurate dichotomy tests- (It's hard to interpret the questions beyond what they say, but I interpret them a little anyway.)

You are almost never late for your appointments
Read: "You are a J."
Answer: I'm almost always exactly on time for my appointments- (a prized skill), so the above would be correct for me.

You like to be engaged in an active and fast-paced job
You like to be involved in either a physically active job that requires a lot of moving and talking to people. The answer is yes, always!
You enjoy having a wide circle of acquaintances
Relative to the general population, I don't know what "wide variety" or "acquaintance" means. I usually have good relations with all of my coworkers, talking to all of them as I go through work, have 270 facebook friends, and am often on the phone or texting, and get caught up in a lot of conversations when walking/driving around my town, so I guess the answer is yes.
You feel involved when watching TV soaps
As is. NO!!!!!!!!
You are usually the first to react to a sudden event:
the telephone ringing or unexpected question

Taken literally- the two situations as mentioned above. It depends on my mood, if I'm really tired, or in the middle of a project or writing or thought, than no. On a higher-speed day, than yes- it's 50/50. I would answer this question based on my mood that day- today, no.
You are more interested in a general idea than in the details of its realization
Do you logically put a solution together one detail at a time to see the whole picture, creating a more accurate vision? Or do you see the fuzzy vision first and then try to justify it/ follow through with steps and details? I usually see the end first, (say, the goal of the heart is to bring oxygen and nutrients to other organs), and then try to figure out how it goes about doing that by filling in stuff after the fact- Like- "well how does the heart affect the brain?- It does so this way!"
You tend to be unbiased even if this might endanger
your good relations with people

You choose logic over harmony.
No, everyone has their own true reality, if someone disagrees with me, I'll try to understand and live in their world and figure out what they are saying- and people are more important than constant exact rightness- the second gives me a headache.
Strict observance of the established rules is likely to prevent a good outcome
Definitely- rule books are meant to be guidelines, think of religions- many have the same concept, but if people are getting all caught up in the Muslims having sex with seven virgins in heaven, or homo-sexuals are the same as murderers, then we are going to have wars.
It's difficult to get you excited
"It's difficult to make you passionate."
Again, depends on my mood- as I get older, I can see the significance of a lot of activities, relationships, topics of interest- I can develop passions for a lot of things, so no.
It is in your nature to assume responsibility
Do you like to take responsibility for results at any cost, or blame someone else no matter what? I tend to want to avoid responsibility for my own actions to avoid repercussions, but assume responsibility regardless, because I know it's the right thing, so no, it is not in my nature.

T

ThatGirl

Holy crap, I didn't even see this. I will work on it tonight.

Thanks shortie!

T

ThatGirl

You are almost never late for your appointments

Read: "You are a J."
Answer: I'm almost always exactly on time for my appointments- (a prized skill), so the above would be correct for me.

Si/Te

You like to be engaged in an active and fast-paced job

You like to be involved in either a physically active job that requires a lot of moving and talking to people. The answer is yes, always!

Se

You enjoy having a wide circle of acquaintances

Relative to the general population, I don't know what "wide variety" or "acquaintance" means. I usually have good relations with all of my coworkers, talking to all of them as I go through work, have 270 facebook friends, and am often on the phone or texting, and get caught up in a lot of conversations when walking/driving around my town, so I guess the answer is yes.

Ti/Fe

You feel involved when watching TV soaps

As is. NO!!!!!!!!

Se

You are usually the first to react to a sudden event:
the telephone ringing or unexpected question

Taken literally- the two situations as mentioned above. It depends on my mood, if I'm really tired, or in the middle of a project or writing or thought, than no. On a higher-speed day, than yes- it's 50/50. I would answer this question based on my mood that day- today, no.

Se/Ti

You are more interested in a general idea than in the details of its realization

Do you logically put a solution together one detail at a time to see the whole picture, creating a more accurate vision? Or do you see the fuzzy vision first and then try to justify it/ follow through with steps and details? I usually see the end first, (say, the goal of the heart is to bring oxygen and nutrients to other organs), and then try to figure out how it goes about doing that by filling in stuff after the fact- Like- "well how does the heart affect the brain?- It does so this way!"

Ti/Ne

You tend to be unbiased even if this might endanger
your good relations with people

You choose logic over harmony.
No, everyone has their own true reality, if someone disagrees with me, I'll try to understand and live in their world and figure out what they are saying- and people are more important than constant exact rightness- the second gives me a headache.

Si/Fe

Strict observance of the established rules is likely to prevent a good outcome

Definitely- rule books are meant to be guidelines, think of religions- many have the same concept, but if people are getting all caught up in the Muslims having sex with seven virgins in heaven, or homo-sexuals are the same as murderers, then we are going to have wars.

Se/Fi

It's difficult to get you excited

"It's difficult to make you passionate."
Again, depends on my mood- as I get older, I can see the significance of a lot of activities, relationships, topics of interest- I can develop passions for a lot of things, so no.

Se/Si

It is in your nature to assume responsibility

Do you like to take responsibility for results at any cost, or blame someone else no matter what? I tend to want to avoid responsibility for my own actions to avoid repercussions, but assume responsibility regardless, because I know it's the right thing, so no, it is not in my nature.

Si/Fi

Alright

Se (5) Si (4) Ti (3) Fi/Fe (2) Ne (1) Te (1)

I give you ESFP

Feel free to critique my analysis, I was hoping someone who knew more about the functions would get excited about this. Lol.