User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTP

INFP. Come on, Che Guevara as an avatar, how idyllic.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    XNXP

- Being with people, outside environment>> then Extrovert
    - Being alone and reflecting >> then Introvert
    This is kind of a hard question to answer, because I'm not really sure what "energize" really means exactly. But when I'm by myself, I guess I get energized and get into a good moodwhen I'm listening to certain music. However, when I'm in a bad mood, I have to listen to music that goes well with my mood and then I'm not sure if that energizes me. But it does make me feel something. I heard this was an INTP thing to do?

Besides that, that is the only time I really feel energized when I'm by myself. I get energized when I am around my good friends. People that I am very comfortable with and can act foolish with. I like going to bars and parties to a certain extent. It all depends on who I go with and if I happen to meet anyone that I find interesting at all. If that happens, then I've had a good night.

I really do wish I could meet people easier but I have always been shy since I was a kid, making it hard for me to break the ice if the other person isn't actively trying to. However, once I do get involved in a conversation with someone it usually works out pretty well. So I consider myself a shy people person.

I really can't tell where I get my "energy" from. Sometimes I can be kind of lifeless at a bar because I might be in a bad mood and assume that their isn't anyone interesting worth talking to, wheras I could've been in my room listening to music and getting hyped up. It also could work out the other way where I could be having a great time at the bar whereas I would've been at home bored, wishing I was at the bar.

I don't know if this helps at all but oh well...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Ernesto View Post
    I really can't tell where I get my "energy" from. Sometimes I can be kind of lifeless at a bar because I might be in a bad mood and assume that their isn't anyone interesting worth talking to, wheras I could've been in my room listening to music and getting hyped up. It also could work out the other way where I could be having a great time at the bar whereas I would've been at home bored, wishing I was at the bar.
    Okay, the bold piece, that sounds NT like. To me NTs characteristically always have some times when everyone in the whole world seems to be a complete idiot.... and usually gets treated as such too
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I would suggest you study the type descriptions and do the function tests. Then it will take some time to think about it. I wouldn't rely too much on online testing when finding your type (and that applies also to the function test).

MBTI
    intp

ENFP's are sort of shapeshifters. I found that I was difficult to type, in that I kept seeing so much of myself in different descriptions. And I have only ONCE tested ENFP, in spite of having taken the test many, many times- varying my answers slightly each time. Maybe you are experiencing something similar?
    read "The Creature From Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin to learn how the Federal Reserve is robbing Americans blind and destroying this nation and others.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Ernesto View Post

So I consider myself a shy people person.
    This is a common description for an ENFP, I think.
    Also, you might have an X in there somewhere, and that can make things confusing...

INFP's tend to be really good at mediating arguments and keeping cool- ENFP's have more of a tendency to get flustered when it's something emotionally important. This is a very necessary distinction
    read "The Creature From Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin to learn how the Federal Reserve is robbing Americans blind and destroying this nation and others.

MBTI
    INTP

Try to think back to when you were a kid which cognitive functions you used the most. As we get older, we begin to encompass control of various functions that aren't related to and even directly contradict our dominant. It sometimes takes a while to access the real preference. The thing I might note is that in all three types you might be, Ne is either dominant or auxiliary; Ne might therefore be dominant and you are an ENFP. Then again, my sister, an INFJ, also would likely characterize herself as a shy people person and that might just be your F talking to you rather than your E. That fits a lot of INTPs too, but I don't think you're that, because I don't see a lot of "Ti vocabulary" in analyzing yourself.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

I see a lot of people are NP's with I/E and T/F uncertainty.
    What helped me was a shortcut to Step II, someone showed me, where you just grade the subscales directly (1-10) according to your preference. That showed me as leaning towards ENFP, and it was suggested from the scores that we sometimes might be a blend of types. If we use both Fi and Ti alot (along with the definite Ne), then we will appear to possibly be any of the NP types. We will prefer one, as the MBTI is sctructured on "preference", and not actual amounts of usage of functions. Once you figure out the first two, then the rest are automatically placed, but in real life, it may be more fuzzy than that.

I'm a INFP; over the years I've had the ISTJ mentality drilled into me by schools & my parents at home that I find very difficult to express myself at times as an adult now... :sad:

What a terrible & unethical thing for schools to modify/adjust children & teenagers personalities to fit the mold; it's bad enough society denies the male population open expression of emotions...

At one point schools were forcing left handed students to write with their right hands...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

If I were to stay home alone while my friends are out I would not be able to stand it.
    This totally sounds like me... buuuuut, I think you seem more INFP than ENFP to me. Could just be your writing style though.

Besides that, that is the only time I really feel energized when I'm by myself. I get energized when I am around my good friends. People that I am very comfortable with and can act foolish with. I like going to bars and parties to a certain extent. It all depends on who I go with and if I happen to meet anyone that I find interesting at all. If that happens, then I've had a good night.
    Do you only like meeting new people if they are interesting? I think I've become less picky with this because more people fascinate me than they used to. Do you excitedly ask a lot of questions when you first meet someone? I know that is a common ENFP trait.