First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/9
    Socionics
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Yes N/S=Perceiving functions (P). e=extraverted and i=introverted. So any type with a Pe function (Ne or Se) as one of their first two functions= P. F/T= judging functions (J). Any type with Je (Fe or Te) as one of their first two functions= J. To balance it out, Je types has Pi and Pe types have Ji. So J/P refers to whether a perceiving or judging function is extroverted.
    Hmm. I knew that I just thought about it in a different way. I just knew that SPs/NJs use Se and Ni, while NPs and SJs use Ne and Si.
    For the juding functions TPs/FJs use Ti and Fe, and TJs/FPs use Te and Fi.

Glycerine

How would one define judging or perceiving characteristics?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/9
    Socionics
    ???

How would one define judging or perceiving characteristics?
    What do you mean? Do you mean how would some one who preffers their juding functions differ from someone who preffers their precieving functions? Or do you mean describe the characteristics of judging functions versus percieving? Well if someone's original type is judging, then their first two functions will be an introverted percieving function and an extraverted judging and the opposite is true for people who are originally percievers.

Glycerine

@Black Hole Sun: what makes you question INFJ if you relate to Fe-Ti?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/9
    Socionics
    ???

@Glycerine : what makes you think they relate to Fe-Ti?

Glycerine

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1666376

The user mentions it in this post right before he or she quotes you.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    I can't seem to find a good Fi/Fe link to give you, but I can help explain the differences based on my own knowledge. Fe is basically other-focused feeling, and values derived from the opinions of others. Fe is more likely to conform to other viewpoints to promote harmony. Fi, on the other hand, is self-focused feeling with values derived from within, often disregarding the beliefs of others. Fi is generally nonconforming in order to promote authenticity, or being true to oneself.
    Thanks everyone for their help, When around people I try to conform in the sense that I like what they like, to get along, but on the other hand I notice when people conform..and when they are conforming and I see it and wonder why. I can be a bit of pushover (especially as a child) because I don't want to make anyone feel bad or be mean. I hate confrontation and avoid it. I couldn't no as a child and still struggle today, but I've gotten better.

So lets say if I wanted a coke, but got sprite instead I would probably take the sprite and not ask to get a coke, little things like that scare me and I avoid it and I also feel bad about asking because I am sure whoever is serving me is tired.

I don't like it when people are not part of a group or is left out, and I usually try to include them, even though I maybe nervous about it. I always try to make others comfortable.

The things that keeps me from thinking I could use Fe is that I hear they go with what the group is doing, but me I go with the group but to an extent. For example I don't drink or smoke and people around me could, but I won't do it. It is not big deal to me, but I just don't feel like it. I can honestly say I've haven't scummed to peer pressure when it came to those kind of things.

So what does that sound like?

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
    I'd agree with RevlisZero. I know Fi is often talked about in terms of morals and values…and it is to an extent. But I think it's more to do with knowing what you want. (My Fi doesn't always manifest in healthy ways so I definitely don't think about it in terms of morals!)

On top of that, I've seen Fi-doms talk about understanding people as structures, almost. They talk about being in a room of people and knowing which way everyone is 'facing' in terms of feelings and attitudes. That's what judging functions do. They make judgements about the world around them. Ni-doms, so far as I can see, emphasise perceiving. I know Ni-doms who perceive so much they have trouble keeping up with things in the moment sometimes because there's just too much to process. They'll go away and make connections in their own time, in that case.

ETA: Should add that those Fi-doms were INFPs.

You see I can agree with both examples, I enjoy studying humans and there movements and body language, and seeing how they interact with each other. On the other hand I can't know what their feeling without talking to them or seeing them talk to someone. I think I perceive a great amount I am always formulating and looking around as I walk, constantly thinking about everything and the way it works and the science behind it.

So I think technically I judge, but not in harsh way (at least I think) I make judgements to myself about people, and I make judgements about myself to keep me on a track.

But in order for me to judge I need to perceive then I judge it. I am always taking new information in even when I am not trying. I agree with the fact that (at least I heard) Ni is suppose to planning kind of thing, you focus on something and make plan and the route that is going to take you to get there.

But technically that means I know what I want? Idk I am confused. =/

Thanks everyone again.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

@Black Hole Sun: what makes you question INFJ if you relate to Fe-Ti?

Well I've been told that no way can I be an INFJ, because how I speak is very Fi like, but I then again I get told I sound like INTP, but I think I just put that impression out there as a defense mechanism. Another thing is I relate to those functions, but i get conflicting things about FeTi and FiTe and I am still not sure on how Fe would manifest itself on an INFJ or an ENTP (I get told I sound like them too). I get now that I wouldn't be like ENFJ which is mainly Fe then Ni, but for me I don't think that I am doing a stereotypical Fe thing or a stereotypical Fi thing. I feel very in the middle between both.

Glycerine

It sounds like Fe. Fe users aren't blind followers. I would say Fe is about social pragmatism and efficiency. It's very interpersonal while Fi is very intrapersonal. NTPs have Fe and Ti also.

No offense but that reason that people give you, "you sound very Fi like" is a dumb reason. It's about your motivations, not the way your writing sounds.

EDIT: sorry for the bluntness.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

It sounds like Fe. Fe users aren't blind followers. I would say Fe is about social pragmatism and efficiency. It's very interpersonal while Fi is very intrapersonal. NTPs have Fe and Ti also.

No offense but that reason that people give you, "you sound very Fi like" is a dumb reason. It's about your motivations, not the way your writing sounds.

EDIT: sorry for the bluntness.
    Thanks a lot, so can I ask how you how you use Fe and how you think it would differ from an INFJ using Fe?

Oh btw it is pretty dumb I agree, but when I hear that I sound like Fi user, (not only from writing but the way I come off to people in my life). I start think and over analyzing it until I go "well maybe" then I get into this spiral of more introspection until it gets me confused.