Thread: ENTP or ENFP?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/9
    Socionics
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Guess View Post
    amerellis: I read through the thread, though I'm still confused as to both how you came to the conclusion, and what exactly it means... if you could explain it a bit, that'd be great.
    I'll try but it's a bit complicated.
    All I mean by your type of origin is where your thoughts tend to settle if that makes any sense. It's the type that most resemble where you are speaking from and it comes off in your writing.
    Your original type is your true type however and that reflects where your thoughts actually originate and the type and order of functions that you use. I can find people's original type when I hear them speaking. Also, I'm kind of starting to notice some patterns in the eyes of different types as well.
    I'm sure you'll still confused- that wasn't a very good explanation. PM if you have any other questions.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

You sound ENTP with strong Fe. They can appear to be pretty F. Charming, well meaning, jibing well with people around them. I guess you could be ENFP with strong Te too, but I think that would manifest differently. ENTP is just a hunch.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Your username also seems indicative of ENFP. Frankly, you remind me of another ENFP member, but much more mature, healthy, and developed.
    Oh shit...you aren't talkin about me are you!!!??? LOL. ((just kidding. I'm in one of those weird, giddy moods ENFPs occasionally get in LOL)). I think I *might* know whom you are actually referring to. I'm actually getting a bit of a Qlip feel from Lord Guess.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    You sound ENTP with strong Fe. They can appear to be pretty F. Charming, well meaning, jibing well with people around them. I guess you could be ENFP with strong Te too, but I think that would manifest differently. ENTP is just a hunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vala Faye
    I'd say you're one of us, from the few posts I've seen.
    And the debate goes on . I think @shortnsweet's got it down, personally; just to be sure, though, what would some of the differences be between the two?

@amerellis: You're right, I'm still confused. I'll PM you later.

Quote Originally Posted by StarryKnights View Post
    Oh shit...you aren't talkin about me are you!!!??? LOL. ((just kidding. I'm in one of those weird, giddy moods ENFPs occasionally get in LOL)). I think I *might* know whom you are actually referring to. I'm actually getting a bit of a Qlip feel from Lord Guess.
    Lol not you. But I can see a lil Qlip kinship too.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Guess View Post
    And the debate goes on . I think @shortnsweet's got it down, personally; just to be sure, though, what would some of the differences be between the two?

@amerellis: You're right, I'm still confused. I'll PM you later.
    I don't know, I'm speaking from personal experience/ what I think the differences are. (So be prepared for an unsure/ I'm trying to convince myself/ rambley fest. )

I think of developed ENTP's being charming debaters. Both Ne doms seem like they could talk their way around anything, but ENTP may like the debating for the sake of debate or an end, (lawyers) and ENFP just to get out of trouble or convince themselves that an idea is going to work.

ENFP
    Ne with Fi: Possibilities and values, subjective, charming. Analyzing and deciding based on what they feel is right and wrong.
    +Te: Being able to direct these functions efficiently/ to do something with them, coming in little bursts.

I'm not too understanding with inferiors. I kind of get the Si in an ENFP, but can't put it to words yet.

Anyway:

ENTP

Ne with Ti: Possibilities+ "does this idea logically work." Still talking their way around things/thinking about ideas but analyzing from a logical standpoint. Checking for incongruencies within their own speech and other's, (also in other systems besides people) making them masters of speech, wit, teaching, and debate. (And other things of course, both types. )

+Fe: Gives charm to the ENTP. Makes it so that their debates are fun, lively, warm, and considerate of the other party.

So ENFP is going to produce this fuzzy value-oriented person who likes to think in meanings and abstractions, connecting events together to create grand ideas and meanings of things based on values, and can also double check what they are thinking and hopefully carry through with some of these visions.

ENTP will create a professor effect: Same thing, logically oriented and creating grand ideas and perceptions of things based on what makes sense logically and being able to follow through with this in a warm, charming and people- oriented manner.

You may want to ask an INTP if you want some more text book depth and accuracy on the topic, though.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ENTP

No, I don't think I need to (though it'd be interesting to hear what they had to say); by that description, I'd say that you were right; ENTP through and through. It might have something to do with the fact that ENFP didn't get a full description, though.