User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default How do I survive in this world?

I find myself in need of a metamorphosis, I am always in my head, lost in my thoughts and fairly aware of my interactions with whomever I'm around, I constantly get into this ideas and thoughts about physics and trying to figure out these things that I have no prior knowledge to, but still if I'm trying to sleep or in class or walking my brain tries to figure things out. How does skin develop?, how is speech possible? How complex is the human mind?

I am often sad or numb, not usually happy. I feel a little crazed. I get feelings from everything, A bird eating or me passing a by a trailer park, or looking at brothers fishing. I can't really describe it. I am very into me and my own mind and my life, but I am totally willingly to listen to people issues and try to help, unless they annoy me or they challenge my advice.

I get really giddy if something romantic happens in a movie or on a show. I have standards and I am always think about the possibility of what could from a meeting with someone or I think in the future what would happen to us and things like that.

I'm going to quit it now, because I'm sure this could be longer and I need as much help then I can get.

So what type do you make of this random jumbo of mess?

I can totally put more stuff down so just ask.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Uh....the first thing I got from that title was an existential crisis of some sort.

But you sound like my INFJ mother, when she goes off rambling about life and her feelings.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

INFP 4w5 > 5w4 > 9w1(?) sp/sx

More information concerning, well, anything, would be relevant

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by mujigay View Post
    Uh....the first thing I got from that title was an existential crisis of some sort.

But you sound like my INFJ mother, when she goes off rambling about life and her feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    INFP 4w5 > 5w4 > 9w1(?) sp/sx

More information concerning, well, anything, would be relevant

Well I don't know what is relevant, but here goes nothing.

Well to start off with I wrote a lengthy response last night, but my computer ran out virtual memory and it completely shut down, so I took that as a sign that maybe I shouldn't have put too much, or I maybe something would happen that I should add, that is a part of me I take things as signs.

I don't like doing charity..
    I hate it when people try to hard to be unique..
    I am not good with my hands, and usually ruin something because I am trying to make it better.
    Anything romantic or slightly sweet on TV will get a response from me, a "aww", but it is usually when I am alone or around close friends.
    I consider what society calls boring, entertaining and fun and the other things like going out rather boring.
    I feel as if I am in between a very analytical romantic dry human.

Hope this was relevant. I have a lot more I can say, but I don't want to write too much.

Soo?
    Last edited by Black Hole Sun; 08-31-2011 at 02:04 PM.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

This video almost made lose it in advertising class and this is the kind of video I like and basically describe the awwwwwness of things I like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHkqGgPpQOE

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/9
    Socionics
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by Black Hole Sun View Post
    This video almost made lose it in advertising class and this is the kind of video I like and basically describe the awwwwwness of things I like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHkqGgPpQOE
    I could tell how that add was going to end as soon as it was set up. But seeing her reaction still made me go aww too.

From what you've written, I think you sound like an INFP. I used to be an ESTJ gone INFP and I could relate to a lot of it. You remind me a lot of me. I too used to be consumed contemplating odd thoughts like that, and also had a fear of carrying conversations.
    I'll go through, letter by letter, to show you what I mean.
    I because you do not sound extraverted at all. Your social phobia, how you are mostly lost in thought.
    N because you said you are terrible at handy work and also how you are often lost in curious thoughts.
    F because you said that you would get feelings from watching things and also that many things make you go aww.
    P because the way you are often wondering things as you are seems as if you are using Ne, extraverted intiution, which would make you a P. Also, the way you feel like a "ball of contradictions," I find NFPs will often give very contradicting opinions following one another as they are thinking through how they actually feel about something. Their NeFi will give them insight into a situation that they then give as a statement that applies to all things (Te) but then it will not be able to be applied in all stituations so then they have to back track and try again to explain what they really mean. This kind of thinking in me used to drive my INTP sister up the wall. :p

Yeah, that video is really sweet I'm guessing you're a guy, right? How old are you btw? If you're still a teenager, most of your experiences are normal and it's nothing to worry about.
    My advice might unintentionally sound condescending. You need to get your life back on track first, and you need to get laid afterwards.

Before you do that (unless you're very lucky, that is) you have to force yourself to go out and start socializing. You don't have to be the life of the party every day, but you need to kick yourself in the ass to get out of your own head and into your body. Stop watching romance movies.
    Find peers with common interests in leisure groups or on the internet, reconnect with old friends, talk to people etc. It will be strange at first, but you'll get accustomed to the feeling, and it will eventually fade.
    Do you have any hobbies? It might be time to find some. Do you play any sports? You could join a club. Start doing meditation exercises to clear your mind.
    Are you a university student? You could talk to people inbetween your classes, in the library etc., or you could help people in your neighbourhood. Start with small talk first. If you feel a little more comfortable, move on to more interesting topics.
    Eventually, you will make some friends, who will introduce you to other friends, and you will do the same in turn. You'll start to get to know people. If you feel like it, you can go clubbing. You MUST try it out at least a few times though, no excuses. If you utterly despise it, you don't have to do it, but give it a go first. After your first experiences outside your mind, start talking to girls. Many of them like emotional, intelligent and creative types, but try to balance your natural abilities with shamelessness. Most of these games have no consequences whatsoever. What's the worst thing that can happen while putting a move on a girl? She'll walk away. So what? Most of your fears are only fantasy, they're totally irrational. Let them go.
    You need to start feeling strong sensations. Rush, arousal, fear etc. Bring yourself in situations where you have to conquer one of your fears and from which there is no return. Start skydiving, kiss a random girl on a party, whatever floats your boat, even it feels strange. That's the goal, to knock yourself out of your paralysis.
    Set yourself realistic goals: what would you like to do for a living? Instead of dreaming, start creating step-by-step plans. Your family can help.

Give yourself a pat on the back after every little success, because if you're determined to change everything, it will be fucking hard tbh. Get a helmet, and don't take anything personally. Mistakes will make you stronger, keep that in mind. Sleep A LOT, you're going to need it.

As for your type, I really don't care. You shouldn't care either.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/9
    Socionics
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    You need to get your life back on track first, and you need to get laid afterwards.
    Seriously? Get laid? that's your advice? that is so obnoxious. I liked some parts of your post but others just made me irritated.
    (PS I'm pretty sure what your type is if you care to hear my opinion, which I doubt you would since you said you don't care about type and that people shouldn't in general. That was one of the parts of your post I agreed with)
    Anyway, BHS, don't make a point of getting laid. you should only do it if you care about the person. that way it's actually meaningful.

Quote Originally Posted by amerellis View Post
    PS I'm pretty sure what your type is
    And you're telling me my advice is obnoxious...?

Quote Originally Posted by amerellis View Post
    you said you don't care about type and that people shouldn't in general.
    That is not what I said. I said that I don't care about BHS's type, and he shouldn't care either.
    The reason: at this stage, contemplating his MBT would more likely cause harm to him than help him.

Since you 1) don't seem to possess basic reading skills and 2) think you can judge a stranger's type after looking at a few (one?) posts on an anonymous online medium, I'm going to ignore your further comments.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    Yeah, that video is really sweet I'm guessing you're a guy, right? How old are you btw?

As for your type, I really don't care. You shouldn't care either.
    well first in foremost thank you for your advice and lengthy response. I am very appreciative. I am a guy, 21 actually I am in a university and I do have friends 5 close friends, so that is fine I am not much for socializing with new people I meet, but I hang out with my friends rather frequently. I have these semi impulsive moments where I put myself out there and in these moment if I wanted to chat up a random girl or talk to someone in class then I can do that, but like I said I still take a outsider approach to it. Sort of a scientific way at looking at them and even around friends I don't feel like myself just an fucked up version of me. I do not like playing sports it is boring in a way, and I would do it if I am trying to be healthy, and I kind of meditate and as for hobbies I have a shit load writing, doodling, photography, singing, Anthropology, Psychology, etc so the reason why I put this information here is for help on my type, because I feel like I act like a lot types and I feel like I use a lot of functions so it is difficult, I actually enjoy typology it is very interesting. As for plans I definitely do them and follow through with them, I want certain life, but I know the life I want isn't realistic, but I am going to try my very hardest to get it close enough.

Seriously though thank you for advice, it was really kind.