User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 21

  1. #11
    Member Black Hole Sun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amerellis View Post
    Seriously? Get laid? that's your advice? that is so obnoxious. I liked some parts of your post but others just made me irritated.
    (PS I'm pretty sure what your type is if you care to hear my opinion, which I doubt you would since you said you don't care about type and that people shouldn't in general. That was one of the parts of your post I agreed with)
    Anyway, BHS, don't make a point of getting laid. you should only do it if you care about the person. that way it's actually meaningful.

    I take Litvyak advice for what it is, I know that this person doesn't mean any harm by this message and so I didn't take it as a asshole way responding, but more of advice my older brother would give me. It was nice and I see what this person means, so I thank Litvyak and you for your guy's advice it was nice to here what you all had to say.

  2. #12
    Senior Member amerellis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/9
    Socionics
    ???
    Posts
    464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    And you're telling me my advice is obnoxious...?
    First of all, that is not advice it was just a statement. Sorry, you found it to be so obnoxious. I didn't think about it enough to realize that you would take me telling you that your advice was at times obnoxious so personally that you would become so defensively offensive.

    Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    That is not what I said. I said that I don't care about BHS's type, and he shouldn't care either.
    The reason: at this stage, contemplating his MBTI would more likely cause harm to him than help him.
    See, there I agree with you that it would probably do more harm than good. I wish I had considered that before I typed him. However, he did start a thread on here asking to be typed so you can't really blame me. Anyway, I'm sorry that I interpreted that statement of yours wrong but I don't think my interpretation was that far off, I was just extrapolating that what you felt for the given situation was how you felt for all situations. Which was wrong of me. My mistake.

    Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    Since you 1) don't seem to possess basic reading skills and 2) think you can judge a stranger's type after looking at a few (one?) posts on an anonymous online medium, I'm going to ignore your further comments.
    I don't possess basic reading skills because I misinterpreted a single statement? That is an exaggeration. It's false.

    And yeah I think you are an ISFP.

    Give me a minute to gather what I consider evidence to explain myself.

    Although I probably shouldn't bother. I know your type and you dislike me and an explanation isn't going to change that. why bother.

    And besides, to ever acknowledge me again would go back on your idiotic word, a judgment you made about me, that EVERYTHING I COULD EVER SAY IS TOO WORTHLESS FOR YOU TO RESPOND TO, which believe me is a much worse and irrational a judgment to make about someone based on a single post than thinking you can identify their type which btw many if not most other members think they can do as well, and your much too idiotic to ever do that.

  3. #13
    No Cigar Litvyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Hole Sun View Post
    I take Litvyak advice for what it is, I know that this person doesn't mean any harm by this message and so I didn't take it as a asshole way responding, but more of advice my older brother would give me. It was nice and I see what this person means, so I thank Litvyak and you for your guy's advice it was nice to here what you all had to say.
    I see. What I wrote was more like a general guideline in response to your question ("How do I survive in this world?"), thanks for clarifying With interesting hobbies and some friends, your job will be a lot easier. Did you talk about this with your friends? Did you tell them about this "fucked up version" of yours? Their input on how they see you might be more rewarding for you than typology atm, but that's just my two cents.

    Forcing extreme sensations works very well against the "scientific approach", I find. Try to reawake your natural instincts and your curiosity. Try to ask yourself questions about certain people instead of the big questions of life. "He seems like an interesting guy/girl, I wonder what he/she is up to."

    My point on sex still stands, it is a natural cure for many things.

  4. #14
    Senior Member Santosha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni
    Posts
    1,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Hole Sun View Post
    I don't like doing charity..
    How do you feel about getting paid to work with people or animals?

    I'll give you my advice, and take it with a grain. I mean that. Take everything you read here about INFP's and E4's (and I do belive your INFP 4w5) with a grain. These are just tools to aid in understanding, but sometimes people looking into this theory can become extremely introspective. I don't think you need to introspect or analyze any longer. You need to ENGAGE with the external. After all, you wan't to LIVe life.. not just think about it, right?

    Many people that struggle with existential crises (and again, I'm not saying you are) are prone to living very rich internal fantasies that cause the real world to pale in comparison. When all you do is live in your mind, you lose your frame of reference. You can not distinguish your path or who you are because your going off an internal construct that doesn't align with reality. So you need to actively seek opportunities to engage.

    Art therapy can be highly beneficial, and if you find that you are too much of a perfectionist and get frusterated in creating tangible things, try focusing on abstract art. Use this as an outlet for your feelings. Never Ever make art in hopes of creating a masterpiece. Always ask "is this a true portrayal of what I'm feeling" not "is this good".

    Do you work or go to school? How often are you interacting with friends?
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

  5. #15
    A window to the soul
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Hole Sun View Post
    I am often sad or numb, not usually happy. I feel a little crazed. I get feelings from everything, A bird eating or me passing by a trailer park, or looking at brothers fishing. I can't really describe it. I am very into me and my own mind and my life, but I am totally willingly to listen to people issues and try to help, unless they annoy me or they challenge my advice.
    ISTP

    I get really giddy if something romantic happens in a movie or on a show. I have standards and I am always think about the possibility of what could from a meeting with someone or I think in the future what would happen to us and things like that.

    I'm going to quit it now, because I'm sure this could be longer and I need as much help then I can get.

    So what type do you make of this random jumbo of mess?

    I can totally put more stuff down so just ask.
    ISTP INFP (maybe J)

  6. #16
    Member Black Hole Sun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amerellis View Post
    I could tell how that add was going to end as soon as it was set up. But seeing her reaction still made me go aww too.

    From what you've written, I think you sound like an INFP. I used to be an ESTJ gone INFP and I could relate to a lot of it. You remind me a lot of me. I too used to be consumed contemplating odd thoughts like that, and also had a fear of carrying conversations.
    I'll go through, letter by letter, to show you what I mean.
    I because you do not sound extraverted at all. Your social phobia, how you are mostly lost in thought.
    N because you said you are terrible at handy work and also how you are often lost in curious thoughts.
    F because you said that you would get feelings from watching things and also that many things make you go aww.
    P because the way you are often wondering things as you are seems as if you are using Ne, extraverted intiution, which would make you a P. Also, the way you feel like a "ball of contradictions," I find NFPs will often give very contradicting opinions following one another as they are thinking through how they actually feel about something. Their NeFi will give them insight into a situation that they then give as a statement that applies to all things (Te) but then it will not be able to be applied in all stituations so then they have to back track and try again to explain what they really mean. This kind of thinking in me used to drive my INTP sister up the wall. :p
    Me too, it was terribly predictable, but the sweetest thing and that is the only time I like shows and stuff to be predictable when they are adorable like that and
    Oh sorry I did not see this post earlier, so you are thinking INFP? seems like it makes sense. I try in and find the science behind conversations, and although it works better when it is organic I find me studying everything.



    Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    . Did you talk about this with your friends? Did you tell them about this "fucked up version" of yours? Their input on how they see you might be more rewarding for you than typology atm, but that's just my two cents.

    Forcing extreme sensations works very well against the "scientific approach", I find. Try to reawake your natural instincts and your curiosity. Try to ask yourself questions about certain people instead of the big questions of life. "He seems like an interesting guy/girl, I wonder what he/she is up to."

    My point on sex still stands, it is a natural cure for many things.
    I don't talk about this with my friends, one because even though they are friends I don't share much about me, I am more of listener unless we just start getting to now each other, then is when I speak a lot or when we are talking about something cool like race, but I just say enough for them to think I share a lot (or enough). I don't trust many people as I'm sure you can tell. Also I wouldn't know how to describe that version of me, and I don't think they could tell me things about me really, because I don't share a lot. I do ponder those things about people and I could randomly ask someone about themselves, that is how I met some people in my life. I am also sure that sex could be a natural cure for things, so thanks I'll keep that in mind.



    Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    How do you feel about getting paid to work with people or animals?

    I'll give you my advice, and take it with a grain. I mean that. Take everything you read here about INFP's and E4's (and I do belive your INFP 4w5) with a grain. These are just tools to aid in understanding, but sometimes people looking into this theory can become extremely introspective. I don't think you need to introspect or analyze any longer. You need to ENGAGE with the external. After all, you wan't to LIVe life.. not just think about it, right?

    Many people that struggle with existential crises (and again, I'm not saying you are) are prone to living very rich internal fantasies that cause the real world to pale in comparison. When all you do is live in your mind, you lose your frame of reference. You can not distinguish your path or who you are because your going off an internal construct that doesn't align with reality. So you need to actively seek opportunities to engage.

    Art therapy can be highly beneficial, and if you find that you are too much of a perfectionist and get frusterated in creating tangible things, try focusing on abstract art. Use this as an outlet for your feelings. Never Ever make art in hopes of creating a masterpiece. Always ask "is this a true portrayal of what I'm feeling" not "is this good".

    Do you work or go to school? How often are you interacting with friends?
    Thanks, I do like art, but whenever I do draw I like to doodle, and I am in something of a trance, where all I do is draw and write and I enjoy those because I don't even realize that I am doing that, but when drawing is a task I try to make it perfect, unless I put it in my mind that I am not gonna do that.

    I go to a University, typically I hang out my friends everyday give or take circumstances.


    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    ISTP



    ISTP INFP (maybe J)

    INFP, this is interesting view because when I first wrote about myself on here I've gotten IXFJ, on different sites I've gotten ENTP, ISFJ, INFP, INFJ, INTJ and never type 4. Type 5, 6, 9, and 1 so I really find this to be pretty interesting.

  7. #17
    A window to the soul
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Hole Sun View Post
    INFP, this is interesting view because when I first wrote about myself on here I've gotten IXFJ, on different sites I've gotten ENTP, ISFJ, INFP, INFJ, INTJ and never type 4. Type 5, 6, 9, and 1 so I really find this to be pretty interesting.
    You're 4, 6, or 9; x-rated. :x

    Hmmm, you said you're often sad, numb, and unhappy, which is a common reality for introverts or so I read somewhere. If I recall correctly, it had to do with disliking people and the consequences that come from that; such as, being lonely. But those feelings might be caused by something else, so would you also say you are often pessimistic and critical?

  8. #18
    Member Black Hole Sun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    You're 4, 6, or 9; x-rated. :x

    Hmmm, you said you're often sad, numb, and unhappy, which is a common reality for introverts or so I read somewhere. If I recall correctly, it had to do with disliking people and the consequences that come from that; such as, being lonely. But those feelings might be caused by something else, so would you also say you are often pessimistic and critical?
    Yeah, it is a bit conflicting, but I think about the worse thing that could happen and so usually that makes pretty much a pessimist. I have these moments where I can be so optimistic, but it goes away pretty fast, so instead I just float along.

    Critical I guess you can say I am, definitely self critical, about other people I guess too, but I would never say that to them I'd just keep it to my self.

  9. #19
    Member Black Hole Sun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    How do you feel about getting paid to work with people or animals?

    I forgot to answer this question, I really prefer not too, but if I have to work with people then fine, but not like taking care of them or anything like that, more like I'll ring up your food, you pay and then leave, or something along those lines. With animals I do not want to work with them, they aren't really controlled so not so much, although I would love to study animal behavior, but not work directly with them.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    238

    Default

    Well, I won't pretend that I can immediately categorize your type just from a couple posts (I can guess, but it's not quite that important to what I'm going to say now), but I can definitely give you advice.

    Number one? You need to figure out where you feel the most comfortable. It can be a place, situation, group of friends, anything. Then, do something to push yourself out of your comfort zone; I will guarantee that, since you are able to find emotional stimulation in the littlest things (a rare gift: not a lot of people are able to notice the beauty of the world around them), you will learn to love the new, exciting feelings you will experience from discovering what the world truly has to offer you.

    My next bit of advice will surprise you, but I would then say that you need to get out of your own head. Why? Well, while introspection is a wonderful way to get acquainted with yourself and your own place in the world, it seems that you are just a tiny bit down on yourself. I could be wrong, of course, but that's the feeling that I'm getting from the way you're posting at the moment. Speaking from personal experience, the worst thing you can do when you're feeling that way is to continue thinking about it, simply because your brain is only going to direct itself further down the same path. It's a vicious cycle, and it can be a while before you get back where you really want to be if your negative thoughts and emotions are left unchecked. Instead, try to surround yourself with things that will make you happier; if that doesn't work, try and do something that will make you happier, instead. Sometimes, the feeling of accomplishing something that you can take pride in is just what you need to put yourself back on top.

    The last bit of advice I'd have to give you is more or less what Litvyak already said; loosen up, go out, and get laid (believe me, you will feel a lot better once you do)! Social situations are nothing to be afraid of; most people out there are just as nervous meeting new people as you might be, so they're likely spending all their time in their own heads, worrying just what you're thinking about them. No, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with enjoying your own company (I find myself needing to take breaks from people every now and then), but like all things in life, balance is key.

    (By the way, if you were wondering, I'd put you as an INFJ. The INF part I think is pretty obvious, as for the J, I'm not too sure why, but I'm definitely getting that vibe from you, somehow )

Similar Threads

  1. [Fi] How do you get in tune with yourself?
    By gretch in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 07-24-2016, 07:13 AM
  2. Do you believe that the good in this world outweighs the bad?
    By uncommonentity in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 03-05-2016, 06:50 PM
  3. [NT] How do Ps survive in the working world?
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 157
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 07:04 PM
  4. [NF] ever asked "do we really have to do anything in this world?"
    By niki in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 10-03-2008, 07:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO