User Tag List

123 Last

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Default Does anyone think I'm NOT an INFJ?

Time for some me, me, me

I think that on this forum it's been suggested a couple of times that I might be INFP, and that's about it. I am just curious as to anyone seriously thinks there are other options.

I do wonder about ISFJ sometimes. I have had wonderful ISFJ friends (but I think INFJs and ISFJs often get along very well) and often identify with their concerns. But on the whole I find myself more...whimsical and random-but-not-really-random connective, and sometimes shoot off into the stratosphere where they don't really follow.

Also, I think Ni-Fe is much more how I operate than Si-Fe...in fact I doubt I have any Si at all

But still I wonder. I think it's partly because I tend to feel more down-to-earth and less "special and alone" than many INFJs. I'm one of the more down-to-earth versions, at the least. And my identification with enneagram 6 has made me wonder a bit too, especially as the majority of 6s are supposed to be SJs (by some estimations at least).

I've also wondered about ENFJ as I think I have very strong Fe and I can be pretty outgoing...but I doubt I am an extrovert. I do identify a lot with ENFJs though.

I don't think I have much Fi, which would tend to rule out INFP.

Any votes for INFP? ISFJ? ENFJ? Something else? I am about 98% sure I'm INFJ, but just thought I'd ask.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I don't really doubt that you're INFJ, but I do think ISFJ could easily be your alternate type (but you've said as much before in many threads ), as you seem a little less perspective-shifting than Ni-doms can be, and you come across a little more 'solid' to me. I wouldn't be able to decipher E/I online.

But yeah, I wouldn't go changing your type! Just think you're a little more InFJ, but again, I have no strong reason to doubt your being INFJ. I think you're definitely Fe though, and not Fi. (people have thought you're Fi/INFP? What? )
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    I don't really doubt that you're INFJ, but I do think ISFJ could easily be your alternate type (but you've said as much before in many threads ), as you seem a little less perspective-shifting than Ni-doms can be, and you come across a little more 'solid' to me. I wouldn't be able to decipher E/I online.

But yeah, I wouldn't go changing your type! Just think you're a little more InFJ. I think you're definitely Fe though, and not Fi. (people have thought you're Fi? What? )
    Thanks for the input. Not really thinking of changing my type...just curious, and possibly feeling needy and wanting attention?

I think the only time anyone thought I was Fi was something to do with "LET ME HAVE MY FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGGGGGGGGS" when I was distressed about something. I can see how it could have come across that way, but it isn't really me. It's more "let me get over my frustrating feelings in my own time, please, as much as I want to annihilate the difficult and unpleasant ones myself."
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/9
    Socionics
    ???

ISTJ with well developed NF?
    I at least don't think you are a typical INFJ.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

ISTJ is not a possibility I've ever contemplated, I must say... If I'm not oozing Fe, I'm very much mistaken. F is always by far my strongest letter on any tests I've taken and Fe tends to be very high if it's a function test.

EDIT: Btw, don't take this the wrong way, but I'm slightly curious as to how you would figure that given that you joined the forum yesterday, unless you've been reading for a long time. I had thought more of input from people who've known me on here for a while.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

What's your life situation and age?

You do seem more grounded than the 'average INFJ', but so do some of the other INFJ's on the forum that have settled down in life and are very mature.

Where you always this 'grounded'?
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

I have never had a doubt of your INFJ. I don't see the S at all. IF you had an alternative type I would guess ENFJ.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/9
    Socionics
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    EDIT: Btw, don't take this the wrong way, but I'm slightly curious as to how you would say that given that you joined the forum yesterday, unless you've been reading for a long time. I had thought more of input from people who've known me on here for a while.
    I developed a method for typing people qiuickly and well I would say accurately too :p.

Also, why do you think you are Fe? Because you are giving? ISTJs are known as one of the most selfless and hardworking of types.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

IDK... you've always seemed like an INFJ to me. But, then again, I have never observed you in real life.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    What's your life situation and age?

You do seem more grounded than the 'average INFJ', but so do some of the other INFJ's on the forum that have settled down in life and are very mature.

Where you always this 'grounded'?
    Hm.. I'm 32, single, have been living abroad for nine years. I probably identify most on this forum with INFJs such as Fidelia and Cafe (I don't think I've seen her for a while?) They also seem very grounded...more than myself I'd say.

Actually, I'd say I come across more grounded IRL than on the forum, as I tend to be rambling here about things that have upset me. I'm constantly told how calm I look IRL. People who know me well see more of the anxiety and obsessiveness, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    I have never had a doubt of your INFJ. I don't see the S at all. IF you had an alternative type I would guess ENFJ.
    I would seriously contemplate ENFJ, except that I just do not think I'm an extrovert. More likely outgoing INFJ, which is not uncommon.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING