• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does anyone think I'm NOT an INFJ?

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I never really doubted you were INFJ, fwiw. What's the general impression of people close to you? Cause I notice people who interact with me on a more personal level tend to say INFJ whilst people who interact with me more in public tend to insist I'm ISFJ.

I don't know enough people who are into MBTI. ;) But those who are seemed to accept it readily when I said I was INFJ. I don't put so much stake in that though because really almost no one I know is into it to the extent that I am.

A few other friends also tested INFJ through the Humanmetrics test. However, I have since heard that this test is notorious for giving an INFJ result. ;) I think one or two of them are probably INFJ, but one is more likely ENFP and another is more likely ExxJ.

One thing I do think is noteworthy is that the friend who probably resembles me more than anyone else I know is, as far as I can tell, a definite INFJ. I think she is enneagram 1, which would partly explain some areas where there do seem to be differences.

G

Glycerine

Not really but I think ISFJ would be the close second. You seem very grounded and realistic. I am guessing the e6 has something to do with it. :) I doubt ENFJ for you.

Last edited:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I developed a method for typing people qiuickly and well I would say accurately too :p.

Also, why do you think you are Fe? Because you are giving? ISTJs are known as one of the most selfless and hardworking of types.

You never told me why you think I'm ISFP.

Anyways, [MENTION=7063]SilkRoad[/MENTION], you seem INFJ to me but I certainly would be proud to be ISFJ with you.

I wouldn't be surprised if at least half the INFJs here are actually ISFJs. :D

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You never told me why you think I'm ISFP.
I can't speak for amerellis, but to me mostly because you claim to have strong Fi, your posts reflect strong Fi and you don't give off an SJ vibe at all. I don't know if you're ISFP or not, but to me you at least look more like an ISFP

I wouldn't be surprised if at least half the INFJs here are actually ISFJs. :D
I think most of them could either be ISFJs or INFPs (a confusion I will never understand. INFPs and INFJs look absolutely nothing alike to me)

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think most of them could either be ISFJs or INFPs (a confusion I will never understand. INFPs and INFJs look absolutely nothing alike to me)

Well, you did think I was an INFJ at first. :laugh:

:D

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, you did think I was an INFJ at first. :laugh:
:D

yes, but I didn't know you well at that point in time. if I saw you in person it would be easy to tell you're not INFJ

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yes, but I didn't know you well at that point in time. if I saw you in person it would be easy to tell you're not INFJ

What's more certain? That I'm Ne > Ni? Or Fi > Fe? Or simply more P > J?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting... you had typed me as ISFJ for a while, too. Like over a week, even. :yes:

ISFJs and INFPs look more alike than INFJs and INFPs. also, it takes a little while longer to determine cognitive functions via writing than via face/face

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISFJs and INFPs look more alike than INFJs and INFPs. also, it takes a little while longer to determine cognitive functions via writing than via face/face

Right, I understand. I was just curious as to why you thought Fi > Fe was more obvious. :yes:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the responses you describe to Fi breaches of values

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can't speak for amerellis, but to me mostly because you claim to have strong Fi, your posts reflect strong Fi and you don't give off an SJ vibe at all. I don't know if you're ISFP or not, but to me you at least look more like an ISFP

Heh.

I'm not an extreme case of either one. This is obvious when I get around SPs, I seem ISFJ, and when I get around SJs, I seem ISFP. I relate more to Fe users though.

I think male ISFJ and male INFPs look alike. Female ones not so much. I think female INFJ and ISFJs look more like, and female INFPs and ENFPs look more alike. Male and female ENFJs look alike to me!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Heh.

I'm not an extreme case of either one. This is obvious when I get around SPs, I seem ISFJ, and when I get around SJs, I seem ISFP. I relate more to Fe users though.

I understand this, if you go by temperament rather than cognitive functions. I think I seem SP compared to a lot of NFs, but I can seem NF to others (mainly non-NFs, I'm pretty sure...other NFs always seem much more like the Keirsey NF to me...and I am not really much of that).

It's good that you recognize that you're Fe in cognitive functions. I see Fe in you as well, as I've told you many times.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm joining this thread kind of late but I'd say Silk Road is INFJ with about 95% confidence with a small chance of ISFJ.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I don't think this is true. Maybe if they share the same enneagram, but you could say that for ISFJs & INFJs who share the same enneagram also.
I have no idea what people think INFPs look like in person, but the idea of confusing one with an ISFJ boggles my mind....I think they must be seriously interpreting profiles differently from what they are intended to portray.

I'm inclined to think INFJs mistype as INFPs as much as vice versa also, because N (Ni & Ne) supposedly has as much correlation to spontaneity as Pe (Se & Ne), meaning a Ni type may choose P answers if their Je is weak. I think INFJs are more likely to test P than INFPs will test J....

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think this is true. Maybe if they share the same enneagram, but you could say that for ISFJs & INFJs who share the same enneagram also.
I have no idea what people think INFPs look like in person, but the idea of confusing one with an ISFJ boggles my mind....I think they must be seriously interpreting profiles differently from what they are intended to portray.

I'm inclined to think INFJs mistype as INFPs as much as vice versa also, because N (Ni & Ne) supposedly has as much correlation to spontaneity as Pe (Se & Ne), meaning a Ni type may choose P answers if their Je is weak. I think INFJs are more likely to test P than INFPs will test J....

INFJs are directing, visionary and tend to have their own goals/agendas; INFPs and ISFJs are informing, supportive and behind the scenes.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFJs are directing, visionary and tend to have their own goals/agendas; INFPs and ISFJs are informing, supportive and behind the scenes.

The interaction style is one small aspect of how a type appears, and since several types share each one, they still manifest quite differently in each type. Would you confuse an INTP & ISFJ for the same reason? They are both behind-the-scenes also.

I'd consider myself a visionary (the "idea" person in a project) & having my own goal/agenda too, even if I am behind-the-scenes & use informative communication. The ISFJs I know are a lot more cooperative than I am; I'm an independent worker, less supportive than interested in doing my own thing. If I have to work with a group, I either influence it or avoid responsibility as much as possible so I don't have to be chained to orders from others.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^I would agree that behind-the-scenes is a more individual thing - I think it applies to a lot of INFJs, probably including myself. But I identify a good deal with the "cooperative" thing that seems to be common to ISFJs and INFJs. I think that's an Fe thing.