• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does anyone think I'm NOT an INFJ?

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Time for some me, me, me :D

I think that on this forum it's been suggested a couple of times that I might be INFP, and that's about it. I am just curious as to anyone seriously thinks there are other options.

I do wonder about ISFJ sometimes. I have had wonderful ISFJ friends (but I think INFJs and ISFJs often get along very well) and often identify with their concerns. But on the whole I find myself more...whimsical and random-but-not-really-random connective, and sometimes shoot off into the stratosphere where they don't really follow.

Also, I think Ni-Fe is much more how I operate than Si-Fe...in fact I doubt I have any Si at all ;)

But still I wonder. I think it's partly because I tend to feel more down-to-earth and less "special and alone" than many INFJs. I'm one of the more down-to-earth versions, at the least. And my identification with enneagram 6 has made me wonder a bit too, especially as the majority of 6s are supposed to be SJs (by some estimations at least).

I've also wondered about ENFJ as I think I have very strong Fe and I can be pretty outgoing...but I doubt I am an extrovert. I do identify a lot with ENFJs though.

I don't think I have much Fi, which would tend to rule out INFP.

Any votes for INFP? ISFJ? ENFJ? Something else? I am about 98% sure I'm INFJ, but just thought I'd ask.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't really doubt that you're INFJ, but I do think ISFJ could easily be your alternate type (but you've said as much before in many threads :)), as you seem a little less perspective-shifting than Ni-doms can be, and you come across a little more 'solid' to me. I wouldn't be able to decipher E/I online.

But yeah, I wouldn't go changing your type! Just think you're a little more InFJ, but again, I have no strong reason to doubt your being INFJ. I think you're definitely Fe though, and not Fi. (people have thought you're Fi/INFP? What? ;))

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't really doubt that you're INFJ, but I do think ISFJ could easily be your alternate type (but you've said as much before in many threads :)), as you seem a little less perspective-shifting than Ni-doms can be, and you come across a little more 'solid' to me. I wouldn't be able to decipher E/I online.

But yeah, I wouldn't go changing your type! Just think you're a little more InFJ. I think you're definitely Fe though, and not Fi. (people have thought you're Fi? What? ;))

Thanks for the input. ;) Not really thinking of changing my type...just curious, and possibly feeling needy and wanting attention? :tongue:

I think the only time anyone thought I was Fi was something to do with "LET ME HAVE MY FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGGGGGGGGS" when I was distressed about something. I can see how it could have come across that way, but it isn't really me. It's more "let me get over my frustrating feelings in my own time, please, as much as I want to annihilate the difficult and unpleasant ones myself." ;)

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
ISTJ with well developed NF?
I at least don't think you are a typical INFJ.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISTJ is not a possibility I've ever contemplated, I must say... If I'm not oozing Fe, I'm very much mistaken. F is always by far my strongest letter on any tests I've taken and Fe tends to be very high if it's a function test.

EDIT: Btw, don't take this the wrong way, but I'm slightly curious as to how you would figure that given that you joined the forum yesterday, unless you've been reading for a long time. :huh: I had thought more of input from people who've known me on here for a while.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What's your life situation and age?

You do seem more grounded than the 'average INFJ', but so do some of the other INFJ's on the forum that have settled down in life and are very mature.

Where you always this 'grounded'?

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have never had a doubt of your INFJ. I don't see the S at all. IF you had an alternative type I would guess ENFJ.

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
EDIT: Btw, don't take this the wrong way, but I'm slightly curious as to how you would say that given that you joined the forum yesterday, unless you've been reading for a long time. :huh: I had thought more of input from people who've known me on here for a while.
I developed a method for typing people qiuickly and well I would say accurately too :p.

Also, why do you think you are Fe? Because you are giving? ISTJs are known as one of the most selfless and hardworking of types.

Sunny Ghost

IDK... you've always seemed like an INFJ to me. But, then again, I have never observed you in real life.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What's your life situation and age?

You do seem more grounded than the 'average INFJ', but so do some of the other INFJ's on the forum that have settled down in life and are very mature.

Where you always this 'grounded'?

Hm.. I'm 32, single, have been living abroad for nine years. I probably identify most on this forum with INFJs such as Fidelia and Cafe (I don't think I've seen her for a while?) They also seem very grounded...more than myself I'd say.

Actually, I'd say I come across more grounded IRL than on the forum, as I tend to be rambling here about things that have upset me. ;) I'm constantly told how calm I look IRL. People who know me well see more of the anxiety and obsessiveness, though. ;)

I have never had a doubt of your INFJ. I don't see the S at all. IF you had an alternative type I would guess ENFJ.

I would seriously contemplate ENFJ, except that I just do not think I'm an extrovert. More likely outgoing INFJ, which is not uncommon.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I developed a method for typing people qiuickly and well I would say accurately too :p.

Also, why do you think you are Fe? Because you are giving? ISTJs are known as one of the most selfless and hardworking of types.

It's a couple of things. (And I'm not particularly hard working ;) ) As I mentioned, while I can sometimes have a close score on E/I, S/N or even F/P, I have never had anything even remotely close to a T score.

In terms of the Fe, I'm interested in diplomacy and in keeping things smooth in terms of everyone feeling comfortable and having their feelings accommodated. I am generally very tactful and have been told I come across that way. I feel that smoothing things out in that area allows place for all the other good stuff like progress, personal development, etc. I am quite a big fan of social conventions if they make everyone feel comfortable. I (almost) always take others' feelings under consideration, apologize excessively if I feel I'm possibly being rude...etc.

And personally, I am ruled far more by my heart than my brain, though INFJs often have a split where they can be very logical about something but still overwhelmed emotionally - that's very much me.

My brother is an ISTJ and I am less and less like him as I get older, I'd say. I genuinely think I have very little Si. I have a lousy recall for details and that sort of thing. He has ice hockey statistics memorized and at his fingertips going back decades. He is also very unwilling to talk about his feelings and doesn't seem much in touch with them - or he is immensely private about them.

You've really found that from reading a few lines by someone you don't know either IRL or online, you can type them accurately?? I'd really question if anyone can do that.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hm.. I'm 32, single, have been living abroad for nine years. I probably identify most on this forum with INFJs such as Fidelia and Cafe (I don't think I've seen her for a while?) They also seem very grounded...more than myself I'd say.

Actually, I'd say I come across more grounded IRL than on the forum, as I tend to be rambling here about things that have upset me. ;) I'm constantly told how calm I look IRL. People who know me well see more of the anxiety and obsessiveness, though. ;)

Then the obvious question is, when you think back of when you were younger, like say 18/20. How INFJ would you say you were back then? ;)

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Then the obvious question is, when you think back of when you were younger, like say 18/20. How INFJ would you say you were back then? ;)

I think I was an INFJ who came across a bit more INTJ...which I certainly no longer do. I was less socially able (though I don't think it was that obvious - I just didn't have a lot of social opportunities) and my mom is probably an INTJ which would have had an influence. My mom and brother are far more T than I am. My dad is probably ISFJ or INFJ, I think. Or maybe a very "F" ISTJ, but I think he's IxFJ.

I was much more interested in the acquisition of knowledge then - now I am much more interested in people dynamics. I'd say that shift happened mainly in my life after age 22-23, when I moved away from home. I don't identify with INTJ at all in recent years (though that's a bit hard to say really, because I only discovered MBTI about six years ago).

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
"My brother is an ISTJ and I am less and less like him as I get older, I'd say."

But you were more like him when you were younger? hmm that is telling.

Also, just because you score a type doesn't mean that's your real type, as I'm sure most people on this site are aware of. For example, Darwin would normally be typed as an INTP but Jung himself said that he wasn't an INTP the way he had intended the type INTP to mean. Really, Darwin was an ISFP with well developed NT. I think it might be a similar situation for you.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Then my conclusion would be that you're an INFJ that has become more well rounded and balanced based on life's experiences and directions you've chosen to persue. The fact you're an INFJ won't change. :p

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I’ve often thought the topics on most of the threads you start couldn’t possibly be more FJ: not wanting to ruminate but not really knowing how to get out of it, wanting to know how to find resolution with some kind of external conflict as soon as possible (or at least faster than it usually happens on its own)…..and wasn’t it you who started that thread awhile ago about INFJs and delayed reactions? You seem pretty solidly Pi dominant to me. The things you go on about are exactly the kinds of things a Pi dom feeler would go on about, imo. In fact, I’ve literally thought before that you’re threads are a good illustration of the difference between IFJ and IFP- wanting external resolution as soon as possible, obstinately *knowing* there’s a better solution than the first ones that occur to you and/or the first ones people throw at you, and struggling with deciding on a reasonable middle ground between those two opposing ends. I mean, I’m sure IFPs do this, or any type for that matter- but it seems like IFJs (and I’m not even that sure about ISFJs) NEED clear lines in their head about boundaries and being on the same page (and knowing exactly where someone stands with us, how much weight to give their words and opinions) with people in order to function well. I think this is more pronounced for Ns than it is for Ss, and it’s definitely more pronounced for Js than it is for Ps.

Did you ever decide on an enneagram? You remind me a bit of my e9 INFJ friend sometimes. She can seem S at times, and I’ve read that e9 can do that. And I can see ISFJ being a possibility, but I personally wouldn’t guess INFP for you at all. I can even see ENFJ as a possibility too. But the J vibe is pretty strong.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"My brother is an ISTJ and I am less and less like him as I get older, I'd say."

But you were more like him when you were younger? hmm that is telling.

Also, just because you score a type doesn't mean that's your real type, as I'm sure most people on this site are aware of. For example, Darwin would normally be typed as an INTP but Jung himself said that he wasn't an INTP the way he had intended the type INTP to mean. Really, Darwin was an ISFP with well developed NT. I think it might be a similar situation for you.

Er, that's not exactly what I said regarding my brother. Or you have read into it. We have always had a great deal in common in terms of interests, and we're close siblings so when growing up we could read each other's minds and felt very in synch...I don't think our personalities have ever been very similar.

You also didn't acknowledge anything I said about Fe, etc.

Honestly, I think you may find that people get a little irritated with you if you appear on a site and within a day start reading into things and telling others that they're wrong about their type or that you know their type based on a few lines. Yes, I know that I started this thread, but as I said I am 98% sure I'm INFJ...I would just like to know how others, who have known me at least online for a little while at least, perceive me and if there's something to add from that. You're coming across a wee bit presumptous.

I agree about tests not necessarily providing your real type. On tests I generally score INFJ, occasionally ISFJ, a few times ENFJ, maybe a few times INFP. I've never even come close to a T type. More importantly, I've done a lot of self-study and research and have concluded from that that I am almost certainly INFJ. I resonate to a certain extent with ISFJ descriptions, and similarly with ENFJ descriptions. But the INFJ description is the only one that seems to cover virtually all points. I also identify enormously with discussions on forums such as this regarding things like INFJ delayed processing/reactions, the "doorslam", emotional hurt lasting for months and years...etc.

If you're really certain I'm ISTJ, it might be useful if you told me why, which you haven't done...instead of employing what seems very much like "magical thinking" at this point.

I have no problem with ISTJs, and tend to get along great with IxxJs generally. But Si-Te? I really don't think so. I haven't read a single ISTJ type description that has resonated with me, as well as the fact that I've never had it on a test either in terms of E/I S/N T/F J/P, or in terms of dominant and auxiliary functions.

EDIT: Ok, I've looked at your other posts and see that apparently you have a method for typing people using just one word, because you can hear their voice. Ok, carry on then. :huh:

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I’ve often thought the topics on most of the threads you start couldn’t possibly be more FJ: not wanting to ruminate but not really knowing how to get out of it, wanting to know how to find resolution with some kind of external conflict as soon as possible (or at least faster than it usually happens on its own)…..and wasn’t it you who started that thread awhile ago about INFJs and delayed reactions? You seem pretty solidly Pi dominant to me. The things you go on about are exactly the kinds of things a Pi dom feeler would go on about, imo. In fact, I’ve literally thought before that you’re threads are a good illustration of the difference between IFJ and IFP- wanting external resolution as soon as possible, obstinately *knowing* there’s a better solution than the first ones that occur to you and/or the first ones people throw at you, and struggling with deciding on a reasonable middle ground between those two opposing ends. I mean, I’m sure IFPs do this, or any type for that matter- but it seems like IFJs (and I’m not even that sure about ISFJs) NEED clear lines in their head about boundaries and being on the same page (and knowing exactly where someone stands with us, how much weight to give their words and opinions) with people in order to function well. I think this is more pronounced for Ns than it is for Ss, and it’s definitely more pronounced for Js than it is for Ps.

Did you ever decide on an enneagram? You remind me a bit of my e9 INFJ friend sometimes. She can seem S at times, and I’ve read that e9 can do that. And I can see ISFJ being a possibility, but I personally wouldn’t guess INFP for you at all. I can even see ENFJ as a possibility too. But the J vibe is pretty strong.

I'd say what I am certain of is that I'm FJ, so yeah. My slight questions about my type are more if I'm ISFJ or ENFJ.

I have considered e9 - in fact it kind of came down to that or e6. I have settled on e6 for now at least. ;) I am very much a security seeker, but mainly in terms of feeling...emotionally secure, I guess. I think e9 is a little too chilled out/merging/go with the flow than I tend to be - though I certainly identify with some points. I'm pretty certain my tritype would be 6w5-9w1-4w5.

I know that not so many people identify as INFJ e6, but honestly, the way those intersect make so much sense for me. I can see myself as an Ni user who because of the e6 tends to question her Ni-based conclusions. I'm trying to question them less these days and just go with them more, actually. ;)

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
Again sorry, I think you are an INFJ after all.

S

Sniffles

I never really doubted you were INFJ, fwiw. What's the general impression of people close to you? Cause I notice people who interact with me on a more personal level tend to say INFJ whilst people who interact with me more in public tend to insist I'm ISFJ.