• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If you'd liked to be typed . . .

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
It follows the typical posting protocol I've worked oh so hard to establish here; It's my posting ass-groove, if you will. Unfortunately, the INTJ porridge is too hot, and the INFP porridge is too cold, and it looks like the only one left is that slop of INTP porridge in between them.

I don't have much to comment on this besides the fact that reading this and the projected sense of persecution and and desperation in the tone of this post made me think of the Pat Benatar song "Love is a Battlefield" for some reason, however, I can't explain why I saw any sort of connection between the two. I even edited the lyrics of the song so they'd be a bit more apt to your present little predicament.

We are Jung
Si to Ni we stand
No function order, no demands
Typology is a battlefield

We are strong, no on can tell us we're typed wrong
Searchin' our posts for so long
Both of us knowing
Typology is a battlefield

Again, not much to say, other than I found humor in this. I imagined you giving this post as a speech in front of an angry mob of pitchfork and fiery torch wielding posters in an attempt to pacify their rage with your touching words of pure intentions and an admission of wrong doing, hoping they can excuse your actions by appealing to their sympathies.

lmao @ your entire post. Maybe you're just noticing a difference in my posting style now that I'm INFJ. ;) Also, if you want me to get all psycho analtyic on you, you WERE just talking about pelting me with cabbages, and then I write a post you found appealing to your sympathies but you still intellectualy disagree with, and then you begin to think of the song love is a battle feild? I'll let you and others conenct their own dots. ;)
[MENTION=13112]Stigmata[/MENTION] so you know I edited

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
lmao @ your entire post. Maybe you're just noticing a difference in my posting style now that I'm INFJ. ;) Also, if you want me to get all psycho analtyic on you, you WERE just talking about pelting me with cabbages, and then I write a post you found appealing to your sympathies but you still intellectualy disagree with, and then you begin to think of the song love is a battle feild? I'll let you and others conenct their own dots. ;)
[MENTION=13112]Stigmata[/MENTION] so you know I edited

I didn't say the post appeared to my sympathies, I just said I found humor in the thought of your post playing itself in a similar fashion to a scene from a movie in which you'd be surrounded by a mob of angry townspeople who feel as if they'd been swindled by your claim to prescribe them an identity. I read it pretty impersonally. Also, I'm still not sure how the Pat Benatar part fits into that; Maybe I'm a sensor?

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
I didn't say the post appeared to my sympathies, I just said I found humor in the thought of your post playing itself in a similar fashion to a scene from a movie in which you'd be surrounded by a mob of angry townspeople who feel as if they'd been swindled by your claim to prescribe them an identity. I read it pretty impersonally. Also, I'm still not sure how the Pat Benatar part fits into that; Maybe I'm a sensor?
hmm nvm then. and for the record, how you percieved my post wasn't how I felt about writing it at all. I was just expressing myself honestly.
[MENTION=13112]Stigmata[/MENTION]

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
Aren't you going to hit me with your typing stick? :sadbanana:

lmao k sure give me a sec

Type of Origin: ISFP but can't tell you what your original is unless you send me a voice recording or vid of you talking.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

[MENTION=9552]ReflecTcelfeR[/MENTION] : I'll admit, going strictly off your username, I would guess you were a NTP, probably ENTP. But I'll investigate your posts more to tell you with more confidence what I believe your type of origin to be.

Everything you could ever need is in my signature.:)

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok, [MENTION=14361]amerellis[/MENTION], I don't entirely understand you or what your deal is. But I have an odd intuition that there is a possibility that you might have some profoundly novel insight into analytical psychology, and what you've been saying should not be dismissed off-hand. Like you could be MBTIs John the Baptist, and the rest of us are blowing you off cause there's twigs in your hair and you smell kinda ripe.

The following is my theory. Please confirm or deny.

When you type someone, you're not interested in external behavior, but rather trying to discern the type of that person's anima/animus. You consider this internal persona (or shadow type) to be more accurate to who they are as individual than their external persona (expressed type).

Is this what you are saying?

Bump.

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
[MENTION=7254]Wind-up Rex[/MENTION] Sorry, for not responding earlier. No that's not what I'm saying. I think a person's external behavoir, their style of expressing themselves, shows their true type, true order of functions, more than what they test as because you don't know whether they are scoring those letters because that is their true type and the order of functions that they follow, or if it is because they have developed those functions more by having greater acess to them due to their type or origin, or for other reasons. Type of origin was my discovery and it changes the playing feild because even though someone thinks in that order of functions, their 'dominant,' or really just their first, function, may not be easy for them to acess and can therefore be underdeveloped causing them to not score as actual their type. Also, even if someones original type and type of origin are the same, they still may have through out their life developed their 'inferior' functions for whatever reason and can test as a type they are not.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=7254]Wind-up Rex[/MENTION] Type of origin was my discovery and it changes the playing feild because even though someone thinks in that order of functions, their 'dominant,' or really just their first, function, may not be easy for them to acess and can therefore be underdeveloped causing them to not score as actual their type. Also, even if someones original type and type of origin are the same, they still may have through out their life developed their 'inferior' functions for whatever reason and can test as a type they are not.

What is your understanding of "dominant functions" in the Jung/Myers model, and how does it compare to your own definition?

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A brief note: NTs like fantasy just as much/sometimes more than NFs.

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
What is your understanding of "dominant functions" in the Jung/Myers model, and how does it compare to your own definition?

According to the Jung/Myers model your first function, second function, third function and fourth function are reffered to as your dominant function, secondary function, tertiary function, and inferior function. They are named this way according to the Jung/Myers model because they assume that people most develope their functions in order but I think that isn't necessarily true.

[MENTION=7197]Antimony[/MENTION] : That's true.

Jaguar

In The Psychology of CG Jung, his student and colleague, Dr. Jalonde Jacobi writes:

Jung attaches great importance to the creative activity of fantasy, which he even put into a category of its own, because in his opinion it cannot be subordinated to any of the four basic functions, but partakes of them all.

He rejects the usual notion that artistic inspiration is limited to the intuitive type, that intuition is the dominant function in all artists. Fantasy is indeed the source of all creative inspiration, but it is a gift that can come to any of the four types.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I was watching inception and I decided I am not really from Arkansas anymore. I need help picking a new college football team to root for. I am bummed because I just taught my son to call the
Hogs and now we it isn't our origin anymore.

(I kid, I kid) :tongue:

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
I was watching inception and I decided I am not really from Arkansas anymore. I need help picking a new college football team to root for. I am bummed because I just taught my son to call the
Hogs and now we it isn't our origin anymore.

(I kid, I kid) :tongue:

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight :tongue:

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
According to the Jung/Myers model your first function, second function, third function and fourth function are reffered to as your dominant function, secondary function, tertiary function, and inferior function. They are named this way according to the Jung/Myers model because they assume that people most develope their functions in order but I think that isn't necessarily true.

[MENTION=7197]Antimony[/MENTION] : That's true.

I think my intuition about you is correct. I feel you have an unique perspective on analytical psychology, and a lot to potentially contribute around here. Based on your answer, though, some of your understanding of the theories you're trying to work off of is a bit flawed. I know you've already heard this, so I'm not going to beat a dead horse. I'd only like to suggest that some of your newer ideas will go over better if you can tie it back to the accepted theories by addressing yourself directly to a flaw you see in the assumptions or conclusions of the ideas that are already out there. Or make up something entirely new so people can appreciate an original thought without quibbling over how what your saying does or doesn't fit in with someone else's bullshit.

It's always hard out there for the creative types. Hang in there, amerellis! Say what's on your mind, and take no fuckin prisoners! :static:

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Well...different types of fantasy.

NTs will daydream about some kind of gadget/chemical creation/technical stuff.

I can only speak for myself, but NFs may daydream more about weird abstract stuff like semiotics, writing music in their heads, their abstract career goals, "what ifs" when applied to daily situations (ie, if President Obama walked onto a mall escalator and kicked a baby inside a stroller, would he get his ass kicked", etc etc!

T's are more detail-oriented/tech specific. NFs more conceptual.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Well...different types of fantasy.

NTs will daydream about some kind of gadget/chemical creation/technical stuff.

I can only speak for myself, but NFs may daydream more about weird abstract stuff like semiotics, writing music in their heads, their abstract career goals, "what ifs" when applied to daily situations (ie, if President Obama walked onto a mall escalator and kicked a baby inside a stroller, would he get his ass kicked", etc etc!

T's are more detail-oriented/tech specific. NFs more conceptual.

If this is true then I'm an NF.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I've been spending a lot of time lately thinking about how our wake/sleep cycle would be perceived by an alien race that didn't need sleep at all. I tried to be them in my head and I saw us as being activated by the sun like when the sun shines on us we run around a lot and move stuff around and get really busy and then it gets dark and we stop. And then I took it all out into like a filmstrip view of sunny and dark where I could navigate around it forward and back through time. I figured these fictional aliens would see us as pretty pointless, just rearranging the earth during daylight hours.

Is that NF style fantasy/daydream?