• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If you'd liked to be typed . . .

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
So are you saying that your original typing of ESFP was to type YW and not InvisibleJim and now you're typing YW as an ESTP?

. . . no ESFP was for InvisibleJim. I originally typed YW as INFP. (don't laugh I wasn't paying attention to what he was writing just how his voice came across to me)

rav3n

. . . no ESFP was for InvisibleJim. I originally typed YW as INFP. (don't laugh I wasn't paying attention to what he was writing just how his voice came across to me)
Why would I laugh at IJ being typed as an ESFP? It's more accurate than his self-typing of INTJ.

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
Take your time, become confident. I will wait.

ESTP. I'm not 100% but I'm more confident that I was for ESTJ.

Why would I laugh at IJ being typed as an ESFP? It's more accurate than his self-typing of INTJ.

I meant don't laugh at my typing of YW. I guess I meant she. But seeing how she has a male avatar it was a pretty easy mistake to make.

[MENTION=10757]Nicodemus[/MENTION] : ESTP. I'm confident.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicodemus

[MENTION=10757]Nicodemus[/MENTION] : ESTP. I'm confident.
Great. Here is a conversation I had with another ESTP (a poster child, if you will):

Nicodemus: Are you known among friends as a dance monster?
Friendo: Yes, I am.
Friendo: Not even only among friends. There are rumors about the "party beast".
Nicodemus: Haha.
Friendo: People I don't even know approach me with it when I'm in town.
Nicodemus: Are you proud of that?
Friendo: No. I don't care. Sometimes it's fun.
Nicodemus: I still find it interesting, because it really is as though you were from another star.
Friendo: I could say the same thing about you!
Nicodemus: Except that I am not as salient.
Friendo: You are in my opinion.
Nicodemus: I sit while you flounce around. One can hardly call that equal.
Friendo: Well, I find we diverge from the norm in just very different ways.
Friendo: Partly in opposing ones, which, of course, makes it all the more interesting.
Nicodemus: Yes.
Friendo: The reason-based commonalities, then, are the icing on the cake.

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
Great. Here is a conversation I had with another ESTP (a poster child, if you will):

Nicodemus: Are you known among friends as a dance monster?
Friendo: Yes, I am.
Friendo: Not even only among friends. There are rumors about the "party beast".
Nicodemus: Haha.
Friendo: People I don't even know approach me with it when I'm in town.
Nicodemus: Are you proud of that?
Friendo: No. I don't care. Sometimes it's fun.
Nicodemus: I still find it interesting, because it really is as though you were from another star.
Friendo: I could say the same thing about you!
Nicodemus: Except that I am not as salient.
Friendo: You are in my opinion.
Nicodemus: I sit while you flounce around. One can hardly call that equal.
Friendo: Well, I find we diverge from the norm in just very different ways.
Friendo: Partly in opposing ones, which, of course, makes it all the more interesting.
Nicodemus: Yes.
Friendo: The reason-based commonalities, then, are the icing on the cake.
nvm, you're an INTP. the chat helped not for the content but for the tone.

Nicodemus

nvm, you're an INTP. the chat helped not for the content but for the tone.
Would it have any bearing on your judgment to know that we were both drunk during the conversation? Also, it is a translation of a German chat, with punctuation added and corrected.

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
Would it have any bearing on your judgment to know that we were both drunk during the conversation?

uhm . . . i don't think so . . . are you trying to tell me you think INTP is wrong? idk you might be ENTP or something.
and yah actually now that i look at it it kinda does explain somethings :p another star? say what?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
. . .but i f I go back to the posts I saw before think you sound like an INFP again. :S Idk what to think.

... so, doesn't this all just mean that there really isn't a pattern you're seeking but rather your judgment is completely contextual and dependent on a specific phrase/'tone' uttered? There's no holistic pattern to your typing - it's purely based on an individual post. Hence your having to change your typing of someone multiple times, based on each different thing they might say.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Only 200 posts and you already start typing people ? That's ambitious :)

One word of advice tho, dont go down that road too seriously, what people show to the outside and what people are, is very different. And from experience I can tell you, if you think of your abilities in that regards too highly, it will end in frustration for you.

Now type me :)

Nicodemus

One word of advice tho, dont go down that road too seriously, what people show to the outside and what people are, is very different. And from experience I can tell you, if you think of your abilities in that regards too highly, it will end in frustration for you.

Here is her first post: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24559&p=1656015&viewfull=1#post1656015

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
... so, doesn't this all just mean that there really isn't a pattern you're seeking but rather your judgment is completely contextual and dependent on a specific phrase/'tone' uttered? There's no holistic pattern to your typing - it's purely based on an individual post. Hence your having to change your typing of someone multiple times, based on each different thing they might say.

yeah I know it seems that way but some people's voices are just way less obvious than others. I do it based on the like 'origin' of the voice, the part that is consistent. An oral example of the voice helps, a combination of oral and written examples is best.

I did before. INFP.

[MENTION=10757]Nicodemus[/MENTION] : You're an INFP. 100% confident this time not only cause of your voice but because of how you and the ESTP were like 'we are so fascinatingly different!" :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicodemus

[MENTION=10757]Nicodemus[/MENTION] : You're an INFP. 100% confident this time not only cause of your voice but because of how you and the ESTP were like 'we are so fascinatingly different!" :p
I think it is safe to say at this point that your method or, rather, the lack thereof produces no reliable results. When a method produces no reliable results, it is to be discarded.

Have you noticed that you went from ESTJ to INFP in a little more than an hour?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
I think it is safe to say at this point that your method or, rather, the lack thereof produces no reliable results. When a method produces no reliable results, it is to be discarded.

Have you noticed that you went from ESTJ to INFP in a little more than an hour?

hey blame me not the method. Like I said it's harder when it's just written voice to read it correctly and I'm also a very impacient/lazy person. :p

And yeah, I explained how in the beginning I'm going soley on voice so if I read it wrong I can type you very wrong.

It's not like I don't know how to type by behavior but I've been trying to go just on voice because I think it can be more accurate. But I think the conclusion is that it's best to combined the two because if I had been paying attention at all to what you were saying in your posts earlier, it would have been clear to me that you're aren't an ESTJ or ESTP. But the thing is, sometimes people are not always the type they test as or appeare to be so it can be good to have this method as well. It's accurate it just requires some trial and error, only because I'm so damn impacient.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU8Zx_0wPoE&NR=1"].[/YOUTUBE]