User Tag List

First 223031323334 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

A brief note: NTs like fantasy just as much/sometimes more than NFs.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/9
    Socionics
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-up Rex View Post
    What is your understanding of "dominant functions" in the Jung/Myers model, and how does it compare to your own definition?
    According to the Jung/Myers model your first function, second function, third function and fourth function are reffered to as your dominant function, secondary function, tertiary function, and inferior function. They are named this way according to the Jung/Myers model because they assume that people most develope their functions in order but I think that isn't necessarily true.

@Antimony : That's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post

In The Psychology of CG Jung, his student and colleague, Dr. Jalonde Jacobi writes:

Jung attaches great importance to the creative activity of fantasy, which he even put into a category of its own, because in his opinion it cannot be subordinated to any of the four basic functions, but partakes of them all.

He rejects the usual notion that artistic inspiration is limited to the intuitive type, that intuition is the dominant function in all artists. Fantasy is indeed the source of all creative inspiration, but it is a gift that can come to any of the four types.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I was watching inception and I decided I am not really from Arkansas anymore. I need help picking a new college football team to root for. I am bummed because I just taught my son to call the
    Hogs and now we it isn't our origin anymore.

(I kid, I kid)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/9
    Socionics
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    I was watching inception and I decided I am not really from Arkansas anymore. I need help picking a new college football team to root for. I am bummed because I just taught my son to call the
    Hogs and now we it isn't our origin anymore.

(I kid, I kid)
    riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by amerellis View Post
    According to the Jung/Myers model your first function, second function, third function and fourth function are reffered to as your dominant function, secondary function, tertiary function, and inferior function. They are named this way according to the Jung/Myers model because they assume that people most develope their functions in order but I think that isn't necessarily true.

@Antimony : That's true.
    I think my intuition about you is correct. I feel you have an unique perspective on analytical psychology, and a lot to potentially contribute around here. Based on your answer, though, some of your understanding of the theories you're trying to work off of is a bit flawed. I know you've already heard this, so I'm not going to beat a dead horse. I'd only like to suggest that some of your newer ideas will go over better if you can tie it back to the accepted theories by addressing yourself directly to a flaw you see in the assumptions or conclusions of the ideas that are already out there. Or make up something entirely new so people can appreciate an original thought without quibbling over how what your saying does or doesn't fit in with someone else's bullshit.

It's always hard out there for the creative types. Hang in there, amerellis! Say what's on your mind, and take no fuckin prisoners!
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Well...different types of fantasy.

NTs will daydream about some kind of gadget/chemical creation/technical stuff.

I can only speak for myself, but NFs may daydream more about weird abstract stuff like semiotics, writing music in their heads, their abstract career goals, "what ifs" when applied to daily situations (ie, if President Obama walked onto a mall escalator and kicked a baby inside a stroller, would he get his ass kicked", etc etc!

T's are more detail-oriented/tech specific. NFs more conceptual.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    FREE

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    Well...different types of fantasy.

NTs will daydream about some kind of gadget/chemical creation/technical stuff.

I can only speak for myself, but NFs may daydream more about weird abstract stuff like semiotics, writing music in their heads, their abstract career goals, "what ifs" when applied to daily situations (ie, if President Obama walked onto a mall escalator and kicked a baby inside a stroller, would he get his ass kicked", etc etc!

T's are more detail-oriented/tech specific. NFs more conceptual.
    If this is true then I'm an NF.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    If this is true then I'm an NF.
    Not true.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I've been spending a lot of time lately thinking about how our wake/sleep cycle would be perceived by an alien race that didn't need sleep at all. I tried to be them in my head and I saw us as being activated by the sun like when the sun shines on us we run around a lot and move stuff around and get really busy and then it gets dark and we stop. And then I took it all out into like a filmstrip view of sunny and dark where I could navigate around it forward and back through time. I figured these fictional aliens would see us as pretty pointless, just rearranging the earth during daylight hours.

Is that NF style fantasy/daydream?