First 182627282930 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/9
    Socionics
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I would like to know why you assume that you know more about this than I do... it's hard to appreciate someone treating you like you're stupid when they don't even KNOW you!
    Yeah, I'm sorry I don't mean to come off that way and believe me I get no pleasure in telling people I think they are wrong. I just have been at it for years though and have eventually come up with these theories and methods for typing people. If it makes you feel any differently, I've been typed with having Asperger's not just because I can have issues being social, but because I'm pretty talented at finding patterns in things, mostly visual but aduitory as well.

@erm : You want me to type you as a different type of origin? I'm not claiming that ISTP is your real type you know. If you don't know what I mean by these terms I invented, (:P) you might do well to check out my 3 differnt types of mbti types? thread where I explain them.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

soooo...basically you rely heavily on your belief of the shadow function? and you think that others are often just acting out that mode so they may test that type but they're really not? that only fills in some of the gaps...but...i'm not even sure i believe in the shadow theory...do i vibe enfp or istj? i's confuuuuused!!!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by amerellis View Post
    Exactly! Functions do play a role in expression which is why I think you come off more as an ISFJ than an ENTP. ENTP, those are the functions you've developed most, but you will still, inevitabely, express yourself more similarly to someone who has the same order of functions as you, ISFJ, despite having developed different ones more.

And it is the exact same with me except exchange you for I, ISFJ for ESTJ, and ENTP for INFP. :p

I'm not saying that you should write in ISFJ as your type, as it's not what you test as at all, but in a way it is like your actual type because that is the type and order of functions you use.
    So because you think I may act/type like an ISFJ, I am one? And what about how I express myself- with ideas.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Yeah, I'm sorry I don't mean to come off that way and believe me I get no pleasure in telling people I think they are wrong. I just have been at it for years though and have eventually come up with these theories and methods for typing people. If it makes you feel any differently, I've been typed with having Asperger's not just because I can have issues being social, but because I'm pretty talented at finding patterns in things, mostly visual but aduitory as well.
    it is still rather arrogant to presume that you know any of us better than we know ourselves or the MBTI... you may find yourself and your own theories to be rather brilliant but I don't agree with either your theoretical bases or your analyses. And if I didn't have the ability to read people patterns I'd have to be looking for another job
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/9
    Socionics
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    soooo...basically you rely heavily on your belief of the shadow function? and you think that others are often just acting out that mode so they may test that type but they're really not? that only fills in some of the gaps...but...i'm not even sure i believe in the shadow theory...do i vibe enfp or istj? i's confuuuuused!!!
    lol you do not vibe ISTJ at all. So much that I really doubt that it is your original type but, i guess it still could be . . .

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

lol you do not vibe ISTJ at all. So much that I really doubt that it is your original type but, i guess it still could be . . .
    huh??? no...it's not. i mean...i'm not an istj...what do you meaaaan original type? are you saying that you think one starts out one type and then develops their shadow function and then becomes that type? so...you're typing people as their original type? or their shadow type?? ahhhh... why the twisting of it all?? what good does it do??
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/9
    Socionics
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    So because you think I may act/type like an ISFJ, I am one? And what about how I express myself- with ideas.
    Because I think you act like one. The type I think you type/write like, your 'type of origin' as I call it, I think is INFP, which is much closer to ENTP than ISFJ, giving you easier acess to those functions.

@whatever : O are you saying you are like a therapist or psychologist or something? Awesome. I had an ENFJ therapist before.

@Lady X : You might be right. It might just do no good at all, and MBTI be pretty pointless as far learning tools go. The only reason I got so into it is because for me it was like a self improvement thing, I wanted to be more compatible with certain people in my life. I think . . . with will, you might be able to change your type of origin, potentially granting you easier acess to certain functions, but that your original type, the type that you share your order of functions with, is just innate.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

@whatever : O are you saying you are like a therapist or psychologist or something? Awesome. I had an ENFJ therapist before.
    no, much less fancy than that. I'm a SALESperson
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Because I think you act like one. The type I think you type/write like, your 'type of origin' as I call it, I think is INFP, which is much closer to ENTP than ISFJ, giving you easier acess to those functions.

@Lady X : You might be right. It might just do no good at all, and MBTI be pretty pointless as far learning tools go. The only reason I got so into it is because for me it was like a self improvement thing, I wanted to be more compatible with certain people in my life. I think . . . with will, you might be able to change your type of origin, potentially granting you easier acess to certain functions, but that your original type, the type that you share your order of functions with, is just innate.
    i wasn't trying to be shitty when i asked what good does it do...i was trying to understand what value looking at it that way has for you. to me it seems like you're twisting it all up to the point of none if it making sense anymore...like some ne si loop or something...

i believe i was born an enfp and as i gain more life experience i might develop better usage of other functions but my primary stays the same. how do you see it?
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Ok, @amerellis, I don't entirely understand you or what your deal is. But I have an odd intuition that there is a possibility that you might have some profoundly novel insight into analytical psychology, and what you've been saying should not be dismissed off-hand. Like you could be MBTIs John the Baptist, and the rest of us are blowing you off cause there's twigs in your hair and you smell kinda ripe.

The following is my theory. Please confirm or deny.

When you type someone, you're not interested in external behavior, but rather trying to discern the type of that person's anima/animus. You consider this internal persona (or shadow type) to be more accurate to who they are as individual than their external persona (expressed type).

Is this what you are saying?
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth