User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

interesting chart...maybe i am sx/sp
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    I've considered being So second because I feel a strong need to belong and I'm always worrying about what others think of me, but the thing that doesn't fit is that I couldn't care less about status. What does that say about my instincts?
    "A need to belong" points to Social - your focus is placed squarely on the group and your relation to it.

You don't need to be obsessed with status, that's only to illustrate an over-inflated need (i.e. one that isn't somehow being met, and thus is turned up in volume and desperation - "I must belong, I must be important to the group").
    Hello

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    "A need to belong" points to Social. You don't need to be obsessed with status, that's only to illustrate an over-inflated need (i.e. one that isn't being met, and thus is turned up in volume and desperation).
    Hmmm...But the other thing is that I can't stand groups, and whenever I'm in a group situation I feel really detached and isolated. I just feel like I don't fit in and I want to get away, so I guess that's what I mean when I say I have a need to belong--I want to fit in and be able to interact with "normal people", and when I can't I just feel like I don't belong. Could that still be So, or would So's "need to belong" be different somehow?

Hmmm...But the other thing is that I can't stand groups, and whenever I'm in a group situation I feel really detached and isolated. I just feel like I don't fit in and I want to get away, so I guess that's what I mean when I say I have a need to belong--I want to fit in and be able to interact with "normal people", and when I can't I just feel like I don't belong. Could that still be So, or would So's "need to belong" be different somehow?
    They're just radars - social types might find it hard to fit in, sexual types can be utterly a-sexual, and self-preservation types can display very self-destructive behaviour. All they do is frame your perspective in a particular way.

You've just illustrated that your awareness is placed on the group, and your relation (or lack thereof) to it. That's the social instinct. That's all it is - awareness, a radar. Social types aren't automatically social butterflies.

What you've described just sounds a lot like the low side of a social Five - "whenever I'm in a group situation I feel really detached and isolated, I just feel like I don't fit in and I want to get away". Friends don't make themselves, buster - get out of that detached state of mind, get involved on an emotional level and find a way to relate!
    Hello

They're just radars - social types might find it hard to fit in, sexual types can be utterly a-sexual, and self-preservation types can display very self-destructive behaviour. All they do is frame your perspective in a particular way.

You've just illustrated that your awareness is placed on the group, and your relation (or lack thereof) to it. That's the social instinct. That's all it is - awareness, a radar. Social types aren't automatically social butterflies.

What you've described just sounds a lot like the low side of a social Five - "whenever I'm in a group situation I feel really detached and isolated, I just feel like I don't fit in and I want to get away". Friends don't make themselves, buster - get out of that detached state of mind, get involved on an emotional level and find a way to relate!
    Okay, so So is certainly a possibility, but my focus isn't really on the group, it's more on myself and how awkward I feel when I'm in the group. It's very hard for me to get engaged in other people's conversations sometimes. And I'm terrible with names and faces and birthdays and who did what.

But I still relate to the Sp and Sx "radars" as well. I do like to feel comfortable and it bothers me when I walk into a store and the air conditioning is on way too high and it's freezing. I also have never really had a very close friend, though I really want one. I want to be able to connect with someone intimately and reveal sides of myself that I normally keep private. I guess I haven't because I'm afraid that if I do reveal more of myself, the person won't understand me or won't care enough to try. Indifference is the cruelest response.

Okay, so So is certainly a possibility, but my focus isn't really on the group, it's more on myself and how awkward I feel when I'm in the group.
    But that IS focus on the group! Your focus is your lack of relation to the group! The group, and your position in relation to it, is what is on the radar! That's the social instinct!

Like I said, you don't need to be a social person to have the social instinct be your dominant, it just needs to dominate your awareness more than the other two instincts!
    Hello

But that IS focus on the group! Your focus is your lack of relation to the group! The group, and your position in relation to it, is what is on the radar! That's the social instinct!

Like I said, you don't need to be a social person to have the social instinct be your dominant, it just needs to dominate your awareness more than the other two instincts!
    Good point! So I probably do have the social instinct in there somewhere, I just have to figure out the actual order now. The problem is, after this thread I'm not sure that either Sp last or Sx last seems right. Anyways, I'm now willing to consider being So/Sx.

So which do you think I am: So/Sp, Sp/So, or So/Sx, or something else?

Good point! So I probably do have the social instinct in there somewhere, I just have to figure out the actual order now. The problem is, after this thread I'm not sure that either Sp last or Sx last seems right. Anyways, I'm now willing to consider being So/Sx.

So which do you think I am: So/Sp, Sp/So, or So/Sx, or something else?
    I have no idea, you're the only one who can figure that one out. Look at your whole life, and the various decisions you've made, and try to identify how your decisions were affected sub-consciously by the instincts - which ones stand out the most?
    Hello

I think I'll try So/Sp. Thanks for your help!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

I found the chart here, but it was really difficult to get it on there like that as an image. I had to get a little creative. First, you have to copy and paste it into a Word document, then resize to as big as you can make it where it will still fit on one page, and then do the highlighting. Then you have to select "Full Screen Reading" on the View tab and press the PRTSC SYSRQ (copies the screen) key on your keyboard (you have to do this first or will be too small and poor quality when you paste it into paint). Then open up Paint and paste it. Then you have to move the separated half of the chart so that it is connected to the first half, and get rid of the extra screen stuff.
    Oh, well, nevermind then. I don't have MS Word. But thanks anyway.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥