• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typing your Ideal Partner?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Back on task... I think everyone missed this post.
Okay let's cook up a partner!

Excellent partner-in-crime to most of my adventures
Ambitious, visionary, and confident (in a slightly more focused way, that balances me out)
But still laid back and casual most of the time
An "artistic" sense of style
Someone who listens to me with interest, and laughs out loud when the need arises
Cannot be adverse to weirdness, greatly need openmindedness towards most things... particularly religion and social roles
Well developed intellectual side... someone I could have at least light debate with without hurting
Equally willing to team up on projects and let me do my own thing
No cling, please. Nothing confining. But offers the occasional practical/helpful advice when I get too chaotic.
Not afraid of feelings... someone who understands mine better than I do ;)
Somewhat physically active, a bit of an outdoorsy edge.

...I think that's enough for now ;)
I'm gonna go with ESTP. :yes: The bolded almost made me go with an F type, but ESTPs can be incredibly intuitive about other people's moods.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Back on track! Someone who can put up with me! Haven't found one yet... Who also finds it attractive. Mainly... Just someone who likes me and isn't imagined. /pity party.

DJAcclaim

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just to finally put the nail in the casket with my bad taste humor. The joke was implying he would be looking for girls LIKE HER on the net, not do anything incestual. sorry If It sounded that way. I was just kinda implying cute and innocent girl yet she's a total sex fiend.

Now back to what we were originally supposed to be talking about. Would there at all be a conflict if I was with an infj being the kinda guy that plays by my own rules to an extent and prefers to do things my way? thats why I thought infp 6w7 kinda fits with what I want. But i'm sure there are many good arguments for the isfj

Permabanned
Just to finally put the nail in the casket with my bad taste humor. The joke was implying he would be looking for girls LIKE HER on the net, not do anything incestual. sorry If It sounded that way. I was just kinda implying cute and innocent girl yet she's a total sex fiend.

Now back to what we were originally supposed to be talking about. Would there at all be a conflict if I was with an infj being the kinda guy that plays by my own rules to an extent and prefers to do things my way? thats why I thought infp 6w7 kinda fits with what I want. But i'm sure there are many good arguments for the isfj

Try avoiding playing with fire, and you're set. Ok, go.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What about me?

ESFP 7w8 sx/so :yes:

My first thought wasn't that it was abnormal; my first thought was that it was normal for the 1950's and earlier. But I guess that isn't offensive as long as you are all for her, too; because if you don't hold the same loyalty standards to yourself as you do for her, then I'll have to call you out on being sexist.

Oh of course I would hold the same standards of loyaltytowards her; I would love her more than anyone else in the world.

Other than its very cruel to want someone who is your partner to only have you as a friend, if her ideals and values where entirely identical to yours she could not fill in what you lack.

OK, perhaps being devoid of friends entirely wasn't the wording that I meant; rather that she would be an introvert or loner to whom I could provide the love and company that she seeks. Also, I meant fullfilling what I lack by impersonal means; like being more organized then me, thus spurring me do accomplish more.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe through writing out what our ideal partners are like, we can also assess why we're likely single... ::facepalm::

Mine:
Taller than me (I'm 5'8" and seems like a lot of guys are right at my height or baaarely taller than me), my age or older (believe it or not, I have a hard time finding this where I live.) with at least a mild ambition of some sort. I'm tired of guys who still live like they're in their parents basement. I prefer guys that are more low-key, but still enjoys social interactions here and there. I also love when guys have interests and hobbies that they're really into. Especially the artistic types. I like a person that is intelligent, and kinda have a soft spot for the slightly nerdy. I like nice guys, and not your cocky, bad ass types. I like confidence in a man, too. That may be one of the sexiest things about a guy. I want to be with someone that never makes me feel jealous, and even were he to have the occasional crush, which I think is totally normal human nature, that we can joke about it, and I can still trust him and not worry he's trying to hunt the girl down behind my back. I'd like to be with someone with similar views as myself, as well.

Basically, the perfect man, right?

MBTI: ENFP, INTJ or a very mellow, sensual ENTJ
Enneagram: 8w9, 1w9, 7w8, 4, 5w4 or 3w4
Instinct Variant: Sp/Sx or Sx/Sp

I would say ISFP and INFP too, but you sound like a fairly strong woman who would tire of an IFP unless they had an usual amount of guts and confidence

Sunny Ghost

MBTI: ENFP, INTJ or a very mellow, sensual ENTJ
Enneagram: 8w9, 1w9, 7w8, 4, 5w4 or 3w4
Instinct Variant: Sp/Sx or Sx/Sp

I would say ISFP and INFP too, but you sound like a fairly strong woman who would tire of an IFP unless they had an usual amount of guts and confidence

I don't know if I could do ENTJ. Not with the experience I've had with the ones I've met so far in real life. haha. Though I do love INTJ's.

I've fallen for a couple of ENFP's as well.

I'm still not sure what my perfect personality compliment may be though. After speed brought it up, I'd kinda like to meet a male ISFJ. :wubbie:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My ideal tends to sound like an ENFJ.

I am with an INFJ right now, and he's not an ideal, but he's real & he suits me over all (so far!).

I typed up this ideal some time ago....anyway, like I said, I think it sounds like an ENFJ (enneagram 3?):

- Physically attractive to me.

- Chemistry. That mutual connection/spark/whatever you want to call it....

- Intelligence is very important (but he doesn't have to be "book smart" like me). Good vocabulary & grammar is also nice . I usually prefer someone more "cerebral" than physical.

- Has creativity/talent/expertise/special interests. I like a guy with a sense of who he is & who can express it in an interesting way.

- Compatible interests to mine. Cultured: loves music, appreciates art, different foods, intellectual things, etc.

- Compatible Humor; a combo of witty, playful, silly.

- Kind, compassionate, thoughtful, considerate, encouraging, supportive. Responsible when it counts, but not rigid/uptight.

- Can lead and initiate/plan. More organized and structured than me, but again, not uptight/rigid.

- Spontaneous and adventurous and likes new things/ideas/places, etc. A sense of Romanticism.

- Spiritual, shared beliefs. High moral standards and integrity.

- Has deep feelings and is loyal, but not overly dependent or emotionally weak/clingy. I prefer someone who is warm and can express their feeling, but I don't mind someone more reserved either.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My ideal tends to sound like an ENFJ.

I am with an INFJ right now, and he's not an ideal, but he's real & he suits me over all (so far!).

I typed up this ideal some time ago....anyway, like I said, I think it sounds like an ENFJ (enneagram 3?):
Definitely, definitely sounds ENFJ. :yes: Describes my ENFJ type 3 friend to a T.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
She would be completely devoted to me; her infatuation with me would be the most important thing in her life. Other than me, she would have almost nothing in the way of other freinds nor family. Her ideals and values would be entirely identical to my own so that there would not be any conflict between us.

Hmm..were you joking about this part at all? That sounds unhealthy. And I'm guessing you don't want kids? It sounds like you want to be lord master and supreme ruler of this relationship.

I think a woman who is able to sublimate her own desires and have her life revolve around her partner gladly - in this day and age - would indicate someone who lacks self esteem for starters...

No offense, but it sounds like you want to marry your stalker? :huh:

Now, if you want a profoundly caring and nurturing type who is also 'zany' as you say, I'm guessing INFP will do the trick nicely or an ISFJ with a wacky sense of humor.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm..were you joking about this part at all? That sounds unhealthy. And I'm guessing you don't want kids? It sounds like you want to be lord master and supreme ruler of this relationship.

I think a woman who is able to sublimate her own desires and have her life revolve around her partner gladly - in this day and age - would indicate someone who lacks self esteem for starters....

That's a bit what I was thinking. I think that girl would be perfect fo SI according to his domineering and unrealisti aspirations:

poupee-gonflable-3.jpg

But I can't see any healthy human being who could fit.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
MOTHESDLFSFN: !!

I just wrote a response to everyone's types and the freaking post wiped. Bah.

But [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] I was guessing ENFJ and [MENTION=10137]Sparrow[/MENTION] I was guessing ENFJ, ENFP, or maybe a really sensitive ESTJ You two should swap info on males of your respective types and set each other up on blind dates.

[MENTION=5857]LunaLuminosity[/MENTION] I was thinking ENFP

[MENTION=3518]SavageIdealist[/MENTION] Awww, it's okay I'm sure you just described poorly what many other guys actually desire.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=3518]Savage[/MENTION]Idealist Awww, it's okay I'm sure you just described poorly what many other guys actually desire.

Many guys probably, but not me.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
[MENTION=5109]Glycerine[/MENTION] = A mature, well seasoned ENTP (because an immature one is the opposite of what you need)

Many guys probably, but not me.

Yeah, I picture you more enjoying a gal who spits fire and gives you lip. Kinda like a Nancy to your Sid. But, not in a drug-addled, violent way that ends in tragedy.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I think a woman who is able to sublimate her own desires and have her life revolve around her partner gladly - in this day and age - would indicate someone who lacks self esteem for starters...
To be fair, I asked him if that devotion would be mutual, and he said it would be. So I think his ideal relationship, though still unhealthy imo, would be the ideal romantic relationship in literary terms; i.e. similar to that of Cathy and Heathcliff, in the sense that they would be living only for each other and not anything else.
But [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] I was guessing ENFJ and [MENTION=10137]Sparrow[/MENTION] I was guessing ENFJ, ENFP, or maybe a really sensitive ESTJ You two should swap info on males of your respective types and set each other up on blind dates.
:laugh: Totally! Though I don't know any ESTJ guys atm, let alone nice ones who are single and looking for ENFJ Lovin'.

Noon

lol, lol... This thread is my current favorite.

INFJ for [MENTION=10131]IndyAnnaJoan[/MENTION], and an sx/so ESFP for [MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION]

Young, sheltered, old world sx/sp 2 ISFJ for [MENTION=10919]Savage Idealist[/MENTION], and...
ESFJ for [MENTION=10137]Sparrow[/MENTION]

ENFP for [MENTION=7254]Wind-up Rex[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5857]LunaLuminosity[/MENTION]

ENFP or INFJ for [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION], and ENTP for [MENTION=5109]Glycerine[/MENTION] (but not a 7!).

I actually agree with ENFJ for [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION].

Er, I guess I should give this a go then.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

No offense, but it sounds like you want to marry your stalker? :huh:

Now, if you want a profoundly caring and nurturing type who is also 'zany' as you say, I'm guessing INFP will do the trick nicely or an ISFJ with a wacky sense of humor.
[MENTION=3518]SavageIdealist[/MENTION] Awww, it's okay I'm sure you just described poorly what many other guys actually desire.

I was being serious to a certain extent, athough I probably could have worded that better; she would have little in the way of other social aquaintances much in the same way I do (i.e. an introvert with few freinds and small family), thus allowing the passionate bond between us to be that much stronger and more personal. Granted though, if she were nearly freindless and without close family, I could offer her that love support that she desires, along with having her be accepted my the rest of my family and freinds (essentially I could be like a hero to her). As for kids, not really something that I would even think about.

Also, if a love obsessed stalker ever came into my life, unlike most people who would be weary of such an individual, I would definitely take them in and appreciate them for their devotion to me.

But hey, this is suppose to be my 'ideal partner' after all, and I'm not sure what normal relationships are like considering that I've never in my life have had a girlfreind.

That's a bit what I was thinking. I think that girl would be perfect fo SI according to his domineering and unrealisti aspirations:

poupee-gonflable-3.jpg

But I can't see any healthy human being who could fit.

Hot. :D

To be fair, I asked him if that devotion would be mutual, and he said it would be. So I think his ideal relationship, though still unhealthy imo, would be the ideal romantic relationship in literary terms; i.e. similar to that of Cathy and Heathcliff, in the sense that they would be living only for each other and not anything else.

Indeed, something akin that.

Silveresque

My ideal partner:

Someone I can talk to on an intellectual and philosophical level who shares the same interests and values as me. He would have to be very caring, sensitive, open-minded, and loyal. He would be someone I can trust so much that I can truly be myself around him and never have to worry about him thinking I'm weird. He would be a unique and nonconforming individual who helps me feel more confident, connected, and complete, rather than my usual isolated self. He would enjoy spending time with me, but he would also be an introvert who respects my need for space and alone time.

Silveresque

I was being serious to a certain extent, athough I probably could have worded that better; she would have little in the way of other social aquaintances much in the same way I do (i.e. an introvert with few freinds and small family), thus allowing the passionate bond between us to be that much stronger and more personal. Granted though, if she were nearly freindless and without close family, I could offer her that love support that she desires, along with having her be accepted my the rest of my family and freinds (essentially I could be like a hero to her). As for kids, not really something that I would even think about.

Also, if a love obsessed stalker ever came into my life, unlike most people who would be weary of such an individual, I would definitely take them in and appreciate them for their devotion to me.

But hey, this is suppose to be my 'ideal partner' after all, and I'm not sure what normal relationships are like considering that I've never in my life have had a girlfreind.

I know exactly what you mean. I'm looking for an introverted partner with few friends too for the same reason, so I don't think it's weird at all. Of course, I've also never actually been in a relationship, so who knows? :laugh: