• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help typing younger sister

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I've been kind of baffled about my sister's type as of late. I gave her the test, and she came out as an ISTP, but it just didn't seem quite right. A brief sketch of her habits/personality:

-She's got a sharp tongue with strangers and anything in the media, and is not afraid to express her opinions, but with people a little closer to her, she'll bend over backwards to make them happy. She's the sort of person who will spend a lot of time buying a birthday gift, hand draw a card, and hold her breath as the gift opened, nervous that she didn't choose correctly.

-She could be sort of loner, but I think that's more a result of my parents preferring her to stay inside the house than anything. She's quite lively around all her little schoolfriends. She's a lot milder than I am at family gatherings and with relatives, and much better at concealing dislike and disdain.

-She will check out the same books from the library over and over again to reread them. Not once or twice, mind you, but if you choose a book from her library stack, chances are that she's read it at least twenty times.

-She enjoys science, but mostly biology. She does not care for either math or chemistry. Has professed an interest in studying anatomy, and neurosciences.

-Her writing is quite vivid, especially when describing scenery or specific emotions. However, she rarely uses puns. She says that she just doesn't care for them. She also tends to avoid nonfiction, and instead prefers novels.

-She doesn't care for sports or theme parks, basically anything where the object is an adrenaline "rush".

-She's incredibly particular about what type of pencils are bought for her, what brand of pasta she gets from the store, what clothes she is wearing, etc. However, in general, she's not particularly organized. She's one of those where you shouldn't disturb the laundry heap on the floor because she knows how old which shirts are, and which ones are non-smelly enough to wear.

I realize it's not a whole lot to go on, but I'm still hoping for some insights.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
From that information alone, ISTJ 5w4 sx/sp, although more would certainly be useful.

Was the test you gave her a dichotomy based one, or cognitive function?

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
From that information alone, ISTJ 5w4 sx/sp, although more would certainly be useful.

Was the test you gave her a dichotomy based one, or cognitive function?

The test I gave her was dichotomy based. In restrospect, it probably would have been a little more enlightening to give her a functions based test.
But I think ISxJ sounds pretty good as a starting point.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The test I gave her was dichotomy based. In restrospect, it probably would have been a little more enlightening to give her a functions based test.
But I think ISxJ sounds pretty good as a starting point.

Indeed ISxJ sounds like a good staring point.

Have her take this test (if it isn't too much trouble): http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been kind of baffled about my sister's type as of late. I gave her the test, and she came out as an ISTP, but it just didn't seem quite right. A brief sketch of her habits/personality:

-She's got a sharp tongue with strangers and anything in the media, and is not afraid to express her opinions, but with people a little closer to her, she'll bend over backwards to make them happy. She's the sort of person who will spend a lot of time buying a birthday gift, hand draw a card, and hold her breath as the gift opened, nervous that she didn't choose correctly.

-She could be sort of loner, but I think that's more a result of my parents preferring her to stay inside the house than anything. She's quite lively around all her little schoolfriends. She's a lot milder than I am at family gatherings and with relatives, and much better at concealing dislike and disdain.

-She will check out the same books from the library over and over again to reread them. Not once or twice, mind you, but if you choose a book from her library stack, chances are that she's read it at least twenty times.

-She enjoys science, but mostly biology. She does not care for either math or chemistry. Has professed an interest in studying anatomy, and neurosciences.

-Her writing is quite vivid, especially when describing scenery or specific emotions. However, she rarely uses puns. She says that she just doesn't care for them. She also tends to avoid nonfiction, and instead prefers novels.

-She doesn't care for sports or theme parks, basically anything where the object is an adrenaline "rush".

-She's incredibly particular about what type of pencils are bought for her, what brand of pasta she gets from the store, what clothes she is wearing, etc. However, in general, she's not particularly organized. She's one of those where you shouldn't disturb the laundry heap on the floor because she knows how old which shirts are, and which ones are non-smelly enough to wear.

I realize it's not a whole lot to go on, but I'm still hoping for some insights.

I agree with her test score. I think she's an ISTP 5w4 Sp/Sx