• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Me via Collage

I'm thinking 7. Sx/soc? Let me justify it.

I say 7 due to the color and diversity and vibrancy of your collages. Peacock feathers, butterflies, phoenixes, rainbows are all imagery that 7s choose, and you've exhibited most of these in these collages. "Are you in a hole?"--makes me think of the 7ish fear of being stuck, trapped, stagnant, or in a rut. You've used many exotic/bizzare/"cool" images--the sorts of stuff that 7s tend to like. Rebellion and freedom seem to play into this, too.

There's a level of spiritual seeking that I associate not only with 7s (and 4s for that matter), but also with the sexual instinct--yin yangs, astrology, tarot, ankhs and oms, lotuses, hands of Fatima, imagery of divine ecstasy, etc. could all point to a need for divine union. There's a cosmic and psychedelic feel, with some minor sexual imagery and certain "intense" themes--e.g., a bleeding heart, death, fire. I notice you've featured lots of people--I'm too backward to actually know all the films,* but I wonder if the people combined with the sense of multitudes is indicative of social? Hands featuring into collages is often associated with the social instinct.

There's an underlying theme of the "stellar", the heavens above, and the psychedelic. Overall, these collages make me think of what Naranjo calls "extraterrestrial, out of this world" in relation to sx7s. I'd also be willing to bet a 4-fix was likewise involved in the creation of these--how could there not be?

*I think I see something from Cleopatra, Lawrence of Arabia, Clockwork Orange, and maybe the Cabinet of Dr Caligari...also that one cartoon where the moon gets hit with a missile. Damn, I forget what it is...I've seen it though.

Thanks! And neat, I can see that. My sense of aesthetics is a lot more showy than I am as a person. The phoenix was an owl though (to represent the sacred animal of the Greek Goddess Athena). The large number of people included were random images I had lying around that I thought would tie it all in together nicely or from specific artworks/films/artists that had some profound effect on me and felt would be a good use of symbolic representation. Interesting bit about the hands; I notice I am attracted towards many visuals with hands emphasized in some manner.

Good guesses, though only the moon one (A Trip to the Moon) was in there. They're mostly from old experimental/art films (Three Colours: Blue, Lucifer Rising, and Daisies were another few).

I see a lot of 7 (wow, that's a lot of color, and the lack of straight lines, the themes, the patterns, birds), sx (fire, intensity, putting on a show), 4 (intensity of feeling in general, including darker themes/unhappiness, seductive looks of full front-looking faces), 5 (eyes... so maybe 4w5).

Hah, yeah. The images I used were from all over the color spectrum. 'Lisa Frank Projectile Vomited on My Collage' probably wouldn't be too far off as an accurate title for either piece. I can see all of that as well. Thanks!

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Boy, did this thread grow. *cracks knuckles*
This is basically vibe-typing, right? I don't think I can do legit psychoanalysis, but here I go.

EDIT: I meant to do several here, but I ended up getting really into it, so due to time taken etc I'll just do one a time.

@Peter Deadpan

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I did another, because I got a new app that lets me put more pictures and this is more fun than I thought.
This is really me this time, promise.

New photosets : [here]

EDIT: Aaaahh. Symmetry.

Last edited:

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I did another, because I got a new app that lets me put more pictures and this is more fun than I thought.
This is really me this time, promise.

It might be because of the style of the drawings, but the posed nature of some, like the ones in the middle upper of the first collage, seem 3ish. There's an intensity of feeling, a steeliness, along with blood and angry looks that seems both 8 and 4. 8 in determination, bloody resolve, strength even in vulnerability. The angel also makes me think 8 or 4 (I'm thinking he is a fallen angel? Otherwise my answer would be different.) Aside from the one that features a woman in addition to the man, they're all solo, many with weapons, many with looks to protect themselves with so it seems overall as a struggle to protect vulnerability with brute strength, which seems very sp. The happy birthday one seems so and the bride one sx. But it's mostly sp.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It might be because of the style of the drawings, but the posed nature of some, like the ones in the middle upper of the first collage, seem 3ish. There's an intensity of feeling, a steeliness, along with blood and angry looks that seems both 8 and 4. 8 in determination, bloody resolve, strength even in vulnerability. The angel also makes me think 8 or 4 (I'm thinking he is a fallen angel? Otherwise my answer would be different.) Aside from the one that features a woman in addition to the man, they're all solo, many with weapons, many with looks to protect themselves with so it seems overall as a struggle to protect vulnerability with brute strength, which seems very sp. The happy birthday one seems so and the bride one sx. But it's mostly sp.
Oh my god. I didn't even realize how many weapons there were. The upper right of the image- I put it in because the guy has THREE SWORDS. But NO, THE DUMB UMBRELLA GETS PUT IN INSTEAD. And it's not an angel? At least I did not see him as an angel, so that is what counts because what's important is how I see it right? I see him as a winged soldier (TADAA MORE ALLUSION TO WEAPONS), looking over a city.

Here, adding them since I can't stand that basically the main point of why I added them got cropped out:

Last edited:

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I would say I see sx, Ne, Fi, 4, 5, and Ni (I think).

I didn't elaborate enough, so here we go.

The first collage has a lot of Ne, I think. Though I'm wondering if the upside down trees are Ni. The mood created by the colors, the storming clouds, the movement, the starkness of the trees, the woman in the corner, all seem very 4ish with all the overwhelming swirling emotions. And the intensity feels sx/sp.

In the second, I feel uncomfortable. It's so dark and sad. the trees are upside down. It's bleak and bony and threatening. There's comfort in the embrace, but they've been reduced to skeletons. 4w5. Sp/sx.

For the third, it also feels uncomfortable. Looking at things deep down, what is underlying, what's inside, reduction to the core, but it also feels scientific and detached. Observation. 5w4. sx because of the intensity, even if it is detached.

Lastly, depth of intensity and feeling but more image focused so 4w3. Seduction and anxiety, sp/sx. People as animals. People as threats. People reduced, outside, wearing masks. There's a lot of Fi here.

rav3n

I'm thinking that the expressions on some of the faces are 5ish, though the symbols and the colors give me a 6 vibe, along with the piece in the upper right. Very sx with the eye contact and intensity of color. I want to say it's also giving me a 3ish vibe because of the background. Sorry I don't feel this was a great analysis, as it was largely based on vibes.
My tritype is 8w7>5w4 (I scored a 6 wing once but the rest were 4s)>>3w4.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh my gosh... I skipped sleep over this thread rofl. I've never made a collage before (digital or otherwise), so I banged my head against a wall several times :laugh: I've never even played around with picture editing before, other than basic cropping and fixing things like the sharpness and brightness.
This.was.frustrating... beyond frustrating. But, now I'm hooked :rotfl:

I didn't really understand all of this, though, so I googled it and saw it should represent aspects of ones personality and that 10 pictures+ was preferred. At first, I went to Pinterest and just saved a whole lot of pics that "spoke to me". But that wasn't the point. They didn't represent ME. *sigh*

I used the recommended PicsArt (thank you, Deadpan), and this was the first one I made:
View attachment 21152

I didn't like the picture placements and some of them cropped weird, so this was the one I finished today:
View attachment 21153

I wanted to have my picture as the background, as with the first, but I have not been able to figure out how the heck I did that :BangHead::rofl1:

I've really enjoyed looking at everyone's creations (but, Deadpan, you scare me a little :freaked::laugh::alttongue:)

Just some info about some images I wanted and problems I had:

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh my gosh... I skipped sleep over this thread rofl. I've never made a collage before (digital or otherwise), so I banged my head against a wall several times :laugh: I've never even played around with picture editing before, other than basic cropping and fixing things like the sharpness and brightness.
This.was.frustrating... beyond frustrating. But, now I'm hooked :rotfl:

I didn't really understand all of this, though, so I googled it and saw it should represent aspects of ones personality and that 10 pictures+ was preferred. At first, I went to Pinterest and just saved a whole lot of pics that "spoke to me". But that wasn't the point. They didn't represent ME. *sigh*

I used the recommended PicsArt (thank you, Deadpan), and this was the first one I made:
View attachment 21152

I didn't like the picture placements and some of them cropped weird, so this was the one I finished today:
View attachment 21153

I wanted to have my picture as the background, as with the first, but I have not been able to figure out how the heck I did that :BangHead::rofl1:

I've really enjoyed looking at everyone's creations (but, Deadpan, you scare me a little :freaked::laugh::alttongue:)

Just some info about some images I wanted and problems I had:

Unfortunately I cannot see them :( Maybe you could upload them to imgur? Or... we can try to get a mod to fix this.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm going to flesh out my thoughts. I was so excited previously that I wanted to analyze and post and do everything at once!

Second, I want to play. I'd be interested in knowing what people (anyone, not just Peter Deadpan) get from this particular collage (sorry guys, you'll have to follow the link, computer's being stupid):

I'm not saying who specifically made this collage (it may or may not be mine ;) ), but I have it in my possession, and I've gotten some very...unusual feedback on it in the past. Thoughts?

This seems very 6 to me with the themes of war and death, 8 with the theme of protection, 4 with the theme of loss and the intensity of emotion. Sp and sx.

The raspberries in the corner are an odd picture in relation to the rest, and the color ties into the the red in the Revolution pic next to it, and the red lanterns in the rainy pic. So I would take the color to be more meaningful than the actual subject (the raspberries themselves-I'm not sure they would really represent anything beyond a 7 enjoyment vibe). The emotions in the pics all revolve around deep despair, surrender, loss, struggle, triumph. There's imagery of the aftermath of war, not the actual fighting itself. A loss of innocence, innocence surrendering to reality in the last pic especially. The color palette feels strong, as it's largely black, white, and red. The strength and protection read 8. The woundedness and despair read 4. The worry, the loyalty in protecting read 6.

Eh??? Since when did we have this? Here's mine, type me OwO:

Oh wow, I love some of these!

I want to say I see 5 and 6, sp and a bit of sx. I'm not sure whether there's more 5sp or 6 in general. If I guessed at the rest of your tritype, 4w3 and 1w9.

The first one: I love the wit of the book and title. It seems very 5 or possibly 6. There's struggle between heart and head. There's detached analyzing of humanity, which feels 5. There are images that are somewhat disturbing, but with humor (I love that eyeball pic - it's awesome), which seems very 6w5. It feels very structured, and protective. Overall it seems more 5w6 sp because of the emphasis on observation.

The second: Blue and orange, water and fire, eyes and a lack of face, intensity of emotion, anxiety and discomfort, off and on, hot and cold, reaching, being watched. 5w4 sp/sx.

The third: The color feels anxious to me, along with the skeletons and themes of losing one's mind, it seems 5 and 6, I guess 6w5. The coding adds to the 5 flavor. It feels sp/sx to me, a restrained intensity.

Ok, like 2 hours later....

This is all the time I want to devote to this. I could probably find better, but since I don't 'collect' these things (outside of watercolors) or browse pinterest regularly, I don't have a stash and had to spend time searching for various things. But I guess it will have to do.

Edit: The layout is jumbled because I was having to copy and paste and resize and use the 'ancient' Paint program.

Pretty. I would say it's so peaceful...9! It flows, it's serene, the animals being calm... 9. And sx. I think I also see 7 with the traveling, the climbing, the falling through the air.

The colors feel so soothing, the themes seem mostly if not completely positive. The people are living and enjoying, moving, interacting with their environments. There's appreciation of natural beauty. There are a lot of curves and softness, even though there is an elegant strength, it is not overwhelming. I think if I had to suggest a tritype from this it would be 479 sp/sx, probably in the order of 974. There's an emphasis on connecting with the natural world, in seeing and appreciating the beauty in it, being absorbed in it and by it (9), enjoying it (7), feeling it (4).

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm going to flesh out my thoughts. I was so excited previously that I wanted to analyze and post and do everything at once!

The raspberries in the corner are an odd picture in relation to the rest, and the color ties into the the red in the Revolution pic next to it, and the red lanterns in the rainy pic. So I would take the color to be more meaningful than the actual subject (the raspberries themselves-I'm not sure they would really represent anything beyond a 7 enjoyment vibe). The emotions in the pics all revolve around deep despair, surrender, loss, struggle, triumph. There's imagery of the aftermath of war, not the actual fighting itself. A loss of innocence, innocence surrendering to reality in the last pic especially. The color palette feels strong, as it's largely black, white, and red. The strength and protection read 8. The woundedness and despair read 4. The worry, the loyalty in protecting read 6

Thank you for your more extended analysis. Two other people analysed this collage elsewhere and tried to insist it was a “core 6” collage. I can understand your (and another commentor’s) reasoning 6 being the head-fix—not sure I agree, but at least it makes SENSE—but CORE 6?? I asked why, and they literally said, “Because vulnerability”. Also the angry King guy is clearly a whiny cp6 getting “offended” about something again. Isn’t that a great understanding of 6? Nothing about loyalty, doubt, questioning, courage, faith, whatever.

They both guessed 694 tritype, soc/sp.

And I’m just like, Are we even using the same enneagram??? I don’t see the logic or corresponding themes behind that. Like at all. Like, HOW??? Wtf 9??? Where’s the evidence for social? Six=vulnerability, kings, whining, and “getting offended”?

LOL.

And these are people who are trying to write a definitive enneagram book.

It’s like looking around the country and seeing the pervasive failure of the education system.

468 sx/sp is not half as retarded as that. (That’s my pathetic way of giving a compliment btw). I know who made the collage, and trust me, that, and the reasoning behind it, at least make sense.

I should submit my own, but I don’t know if I’ll get to it.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

First of all, as a person who likes drawing, I can't help but admire this and would first like to comment on how wonderfully thematic each piece is. They are beautiful. There's a lot of muted colours, and cool colours, but in the context of the all the sets the blues seem to be referring to melancholy more than anything else, which is a steady theme through all four. Overall, very artistic.

So, we begin. A warning: No chill was had in the making of this . . . assessment? Go on.

EDIT: All this, and I'm still at Peter Deadpan. This is gonna be LONG.
EDIT #2
: I'll probably have to tone down all the extra or I'll never catch up.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thank you, Luminous, for letting me know.
Let's see if I can get this to work...

First Collage
Imgur: The magic of the Internet

**EDIT**
I succeeded, so here's the second one :D
https://i.imgur.com/EcgxtsB.jpg

I get some 5 and 6 vibes from this. There are a lot of eyes, owl eyes which would seem to represent a detached observation and knowledge and people looking directly at the viewer with a lot of vulnerable emotion (I am assuming that one of those people is you?) The vulnerable sadness seems 4ish, and the anxious pic with the swirling lines seems 5 or 6ish. I really like the one where the woman is knitting herself into her sweater. That again seems 5w6ish, an escape into a protected place of one's own creation. There seems to be solace in nature and music, an escape into hidden worlds, which seems very 4ish and 9ish. The pic with the couple feels anxious, I would guess 6 or maybe 2... and the statue gives a feeling of brute strength, solid unrelenting forward movement, and with the angle it feels 6ish to me too. Overall, I would guess sp/sx, since it seems so focused on protection of self. 4, 5 or 6, and 9, I think.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thank you, Luminous <3
I am a 9w1 sp/so

What the pics mean to me:

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thank you, Luminous <3
I am a 9w1 sp/so

What the pics mean to me:

Ahhhh, I was taking you as one of the couple, but the role of the counselor is definitely 9ish.

Snow as White

ƃuıǝǝs | seeing
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thank you, Luminous, for letting me know.
Let's see if I can get this to work...

First Collage
Imgur: The magic of the Internet

**EDIT**
I succeeded, so here's the second one :D
https://i.imgur.com/EcgxtsB.jpg

there is a sense of unsettled peace. fascination with both beauty and aversion. repulsive allurement features. averted gazes feel more peaceful; direct feel more constrained and trapped.

sense of order vs disorder.

hidden kept hidden.

feels like 9 with elements of possibly 6.

feels like combination of sp and so.

many moments feel like a pause in action. perhaps Se.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Oh no, I dropped my analysis marbles.
I couldn't wait to do yours- the moment I saw it things floated around my head, so I gotta skip ahead to you and get them out first.

To begin- when I first saw this thread, I did not think there was possibly a way a photoset- that is, an expression of a person, which is the realm of Feeling basically- could come across as T. You've proven me wrong.

Here we go.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Snow as White, "sense of unsettled peace", pretty much sums up my life :rotfl: My life is one of contentment... yet, I always feel as if I'm waiting "for the other shoe to drop".
Thank you <3